The Suprise Is Here! (Proof)

Yay! Again. Um...

Bah, who needs meaningful post contributions with news like this anyway?

Not just basic HL2DM, this news also means that other mods have a better
chance to get their hand in... woohoo X2!

Just some random speculation, but steams bandwidth line seems a little more.. twitchy this evening... no.. nm.. *slaps self*

what would be uber 1337 would be to include multiple multiplayer modes such as the most obvious ones (TDM, CTF) AND the oldschool ones ! remember KOTH ? HTB ?

Rgr i just noticed on the steam forums.

nagual678 said:
what would be uber 1337 would be to include multiple multiplayer modes such as the most obvious ones (TDM, CTF) AND the oldschool ones ! remember KOTH ? HTB ?
dont forget coop!

steam forums are going slow and givinig database errors. :D

:thumbs: I am really hoping for a TDM too. I am not really into frag-fest-unreal type games.

To be honest, it's actually more painful for me to see the pic with the word "Soon". I hate 'soon'. Soon is always so far away.

HL2DM will be awesome, think of the possibilities :D

mustard2004 said:
Well I think they should include a "king of the pheramones" gametype. Where there is one set of pheramones on a level and you are fighting for control of the ant lions. Who ever has it at the end is teh winn0r and you can only use the pheramones if you have them.
Sounds like the only logical way to have pheromones as a weapon in MP.

nagual678 said:
Well it is called HL2DM, so I'm guesssing it will have a mode called DM, and DM only. Otherwise it would be called something liek HL2MP...

Lobster said:
Just some random speculation, but steams bandwidth line seems a little more.. twitchy this evening... no.. nm.. *slaps self*
Yes i noticed that too. Please release tonight.

Cool idea Mustard, I can imagine hidding behind my hoarde of ant lions as the rest of the server gets mauled. bwahaha!

`unreal said:
if its gonna be physics based, likely we are not going to see a 56k-friendly net code :D :D good riddance

lol this is something to totally look forward to

so cliffe.... wots gabe been up to? lol on holiday? give him a kick and get him to post here :)

Wow...that chick in your avatar looks almost exactly like my cousins girlfriend.

I'm hoping that it's the actual release of HL2: DM that's this week, and not just the announcement. It sucks, but I think it might just be the announcement. Valve isn't exactly the kind of company to do a sloppy, half-assed job on a game (or HL2 would have been released a LOT sooner), so they might just be telling us about it now.

But if not... :smoking:

Either way, though, it's gonna be so much fun. Yeah, the grav gun is gonna be fun, but the crossbow... * starts salivating *

HadouKen24 said:
I'm hoping that it's the actual release of HL2: DM that's this week, and not just the announcement. It sucks, but I think it might just be the announcement. Valve isn't exactly the kind of company to do a sloppy, half-assed job on a game (or HL2 would have been released a LOT sooner), so they might just be telling us about it now.

But if not... :smoking:

Either way, though, it's gonna be so much fun. Yeah, the grav gun is gonna be fun, but the crossbow... * starts salivating *
Well it seems that they have actually announced it already, so i'm pretty sure it'll be released this week.

i'm just laughing at everyone who was convinced to hell there wasn't any hl2-themed mp.

So can we all agree that Valve is giving us HL2 multiplayer?

w00t! great news! full SDK, "suprises".... :E
Valve is so much fun! :cheers:

I loved cs:s, i've just been busy w/ playin half-life 2.....but i guess to each his own.

Death.Trap said:
Wow...that chick in your avatar looks almost exactly like my cousins girlfriend.

Wait....that girl is his girlfriend...so....whoa. :O

going off, wake me up early if they gona release it today :cheese:

this has hoax written all over it with red ink that glows in the dark

X2Cube said:
this has hoax written all over it with red ink that glows in the dark

Dude...its on the Steampowered site....its not fake

and to all u CSS gits who were at it saying

"THERE WILL BE NO HL2DM MULTIPLAYER GET OVER IT!"

to u my friends i say F U

Valve isn't exactly the kind of company to do a sloppy, half-assed job on a game

CS:S ?

CS: S isn't sloppy or half-assed. It's solid port of the original to Source, with updated graphics. No, it doesn't have anything new, but what were you expecting from a port?

CS: S doesn't have any bugs that I've run into, its netcode is solid enough that you can run it smoothly even with a fairly high ping, and it's pretty well balanced.

i'm just laughing at everyone who was convinced to hell there wasn't any hl2-themed mp.

There wasn't any to speak of. ;)

Heck, there still isn't. Won't be any until they release it.

lol, of course it is photoshopped... its not a screenshot, they are just giving the community something to look at, about what the game will be like.
also, this is no hoax. valve isnt that sick.

Back