What are YOU reading right now?

The Day of Creation by J G Ballard (the guy who wrote Empire of the Sun)

Good so far.

Is Empire of the Sun worth reading? I'm really enjoying Crash so far...

It was the movie (which I love :) ) that prompted me towards the book. It's a great read.

Who wrote Crash?

JG Ballard :p

:)

I didn't know anything he'd written other than Empire of the Sun and the one i'm reading now (which cost pennies from a charity shop). I'll check it out.

Monster by Walter Dean Myers, assigned reading by the teacher.

It's actually not too shabby.

Monster by Walter Dean Myers, assigned reading by the teacher.

It's actually not too shabby.

The post above me :).

Interms of books, nothing, just perusing through the political forums.

:)

I didn't know anything he'd written other than Empire of the Sun and the one i'm reading now (which cost pennies from a charity shop). I'll check it out.

He's written about 20 or so books, I think.

Crash is great, but it's disturbing as hell. To give you a basic idea of what the plot's about, a guy and his friend decide to get their kicks from car accident victims. Of course there's more to it than that, but yeah.

Guards! Guards! by Terry Pratchett, again.

I had forgotten Vimes use to be a slinking, stumbling, cowardly drunk. :( I really do love the way that between this book and the later Watch books he is back on top form and like the Judge Dredd equivilent of Ankh-Morpork. Vimes wins.

He's written about 20 or so books, I think.

Crash is great, but it's disturbing as hell. To give you a basic idea of what the plot's about, a guy and his friend decide to get their kicks from car accident victims. Of course there's more to it than that, but yeah.

Oh yeah, I saw the movie. Cronenberg directed. Pretty good.

I think i've seen it too, quite a while ago.

I had forgotten Vimes use to be a slinking, stumbling, cowardly drunk. :( I really do love the way that between this book and the later Watch books he is back on top form and like the Judge Dredd equivilent of Ankh-Morpork. Vimes wins.

Good choice :)

The Guards books are probably my favourite of the discworld series, along with anything involving Death - big fan of Mort, Reaper Man and Soul Music.

Just read The Crucible in English class. Other than in school I don't read much.

I just read that again a few weeks back.

The Battle for Spain by Anthony Beevor - The definitive account of the Spanish civil war, excellent book

and Freakonomics. Which is also great.

Ja, it's amazing isn't it? Judge Dredd of AM... good metaphor.

Crime and Punishment.

I finished Animal Farm and Red Snake (Swedish) not long ago.

The Priest and the Policeman: The Herioc life and creul murder of Father Jerzy Popieluszko by Roger Boyes

Damn good book, sad though, poor Father Jerzy

Its about the spiritual pillar of the Solidarity Movement.

"The 2nd Korean War"

War novel. North invades on 2016, December 20th. Bit long, about the size of Harry Potter 6.

reading Gates of Fire by Steven Pressfield for probably the 5th or 6th time, definitely one of my favourite books ever :D

Good choice :)

The Guards books are probably my favourite of the discworld series, along with anything involving Death - big fan of Mort, Reaper Man and Soul Music.

Ah, I've only read Mort (I've got the graphic novel of it, too) and that was great, but I haven't read anymore on him. I'm also a big fan of the Rincewind books, but when I think about it, theres not really much to choose from with series of books, I don't think. The Watch, The Three Witches, Death and the Rincewind books. Is there anymore than that? I've forgot. I read all his books in odd orders, except for when it came down to series'. I love every book I've read, be it series or stand-alone.

Ah, I've only read Mort (I've got the graphic novel of it, too) and that was great, but I haven't read anymore on him. I'm also a big fan of the Rincewind books, but when I think about it, theres not really much to choose from with series of books, I don't think. The Watch, The Three Witches, Death and the Rincewind books. Is there anymore than that? I've forgot. I read all his books in odd orders, except for when it came down to series'. I love every book I've read, be it series or stand-alone.
Well theres tons of one-shot books like Small Gods, Thief of Time, The Truth, Going Postal, Pyramids, etc. Some of those will probably evolve into series eventually.

Just finished re-reading Nightwatch by Terry Pratchet. Bought Sourcery by the same author, starting it today.

Dramatic Narrative by Mats Ödeen
The Ultimate History Of Video Games by Steven L. Kent
C++ Direkt By Jan Skansholm

I would like to change to... anything.

Finished Angels & Demons by Dan Brown couple of weeks ago, much better than Da Vinci Code.

I couldn't agree more. Angels & Demons would make a great movie too..

I'm reading:

"The 48 Laws of Power" - Strategy
"Band of Brothers"
"Beyond Band of Brothers: The War Memoirs of Major Dick Winters"
Five Years to Freedom - James N. Rowe - founder of the SERE school, story of his capture/captivity in Vietnam and his escape 5 years later.

Just finished re-reading Nightwatch by Terry Pratchet. Bought Sourcery by the same author, starting it today.

Sourcery is great :)

I'm tempted to start again, it's been years since i've read some of these.

Well theres tons of one-shot books like Small Gods, Thief of Time, The Truth, Going Postal, Pyramids, etc. Some of those will probably evolve into series eventually.

I really hope we see more of Lipwig (or was it vig?) and the Post Office later on. I loved Going Postal. I've read Pyramids and Small Gods, still to read the others though.

Amish, good choice with Band of Brothers. Read it when I went to France. Seriously good book.

The Bourne Supremacy by Robert Ludlum.
I've already seen the movie though.

Back