When will next movie be released?

3Drealms has its employees on the forums though, and they activly post and give some information about duke when forum goers ask, so in a sence they are letting us know whats going on. You cannot compare this with the lack of response from valve.

I really dislike the attitude of "Well everyone else does it so why should we protest it". Yeah sure other companys do it, I do realize this but you fail to see my point: "If you let them get away with it then its just going to keep happening and happening".

I dont see how you won anything in school.. you have to go to school, first.. so you say them releasing media is supposed to make you interested... yet it makes you NOT want to buy the game... your an idiot.. this HAS ALREADY BEEN RELEASED... and if the existing media itself doesnt make you want HL 2...your an idiot anyway.... your an idiot.

P.S. I won the most Ownage award in school....for Pwning Idiots.

Originally posted by Skeeze
I dont see how you won anything in school.. you have to go to school, first.. so you say them releasing media is supposed to make you interested... yet it makes you NOT want to buy the game... your an idiot.. this HAS ALREADY BEEN RELEASED... and if the existing media itself doesnt make you want HL 2...your an idiot anyway.... your an idiot.

Dude have you even see the videos you speak of? You cannot compare the two. You can hardly make anything out on the cam versions. I dont know how you can play Half-Life and not be able to distinguish the terrible quality cam versions from the direct feed.

Originally posted by anarchy
P.S.
I took first place in my schools debate team
That is the most immature comment I've ever heard on any forum any where.

The rest of that quote was a valid opinion, but may I remind you, that you are one of two of the froums many consistant posters that are thinking in such a ridiculous, small minded way.

It's promotional media. We'd all like to see it but it's been delayed. GET OVER IT. It'll be here when it's here, and even if I never hear a word of any media until September 30th, I'll still buy the game.

Am I the only one that would be lots, lots happier if Valve had never said ANYTHING, and had just updated Steam and added the 'HL2 Videos' "game"? Few things would have kicked more ass than that.

I think they were on the right track when they said absolutely *nothing* about HL2 for years and years.

If I'd walked into GameStop this September, having heard nothing, and saw HL2 on the shelves, wild dogs wouldn't ahve been able to tear the grin from my face.

HL has nothing to do with this, so your point is moot.

Valve is releasing media, media that is supposed to get me interested in buying the new game, but instead it makes me frustrated and makes me not want to buy the game. So you are right, I have not payed for the game, but from my expirience so far with the media of this game, I would not want to PAY for it. Is this a smart move for valve?? NO Could this entire issue be resolved with a simple message saying it has been delayed?? YES.

P.S.
I took first place in my schools debate team

First of all, HL is part of the point because you complained that you paid them money and you demand service...the ONLY thing (that i know of) that you paid them for is HL. HL2 hasnt been released so you cant complain about not getting services for that game that you paid for.

Second...you must have already been somewhat interested in purchasing the game or otherwise you wouldnt be on these forums. Does your argument mean that if Valve never promised us new videos and you new nothing about them, you would be more interested in the game? And also, you forget that you have probably already seen the movie...it is the e3 movie...nothing new (yet). So if you are complaining that you havent seen the movie then your argument is invalid because you CAN see the movie elsewhere...just not as good.

Third...so you were first in debate? So what...is this supposed to impress me? So far i have not seen too much logic in your arguments. I dont mean to insult but your arguments are based on the feelings (bad debate tactic mind you). You feel angry and offended that the video isnt here so you complain. There is no debate.

Originally posted by Northwood83
What post is that? the one where you spammed "Oh My God"?
First: This is my last post on the subject.
That post was NOT spam, simply the best way to get the point across. Anarchy criticised Valve's support of their customers, the same Valve that has a higher standard of supporting their customers than almost any game maker ever.
I was refering to when it said that its only been about an hour and fifteen minutes (now approaching two hours) since they missed the deadline, and that its idiotic to expect them to adress the community with info and a new ETA in that small window.

The frustration that they put us through before releasing the media is what makes me not want to purchase the game, the media itself is fantastic.

I'll make it simple for you guys: They should have AT LEAST sent a message saying it would be delayed and all would have been good.

Lets close this post

if this is how valve is realsing 9 videos...this will take a LONG time, and i feel sad for myself because i dont have the patience for that. Anywho does anyone know if and or where the new STALKER movie came out? Thanks if anyone has any info about that

Oh wake up chris, its been an hour and fourty three minutes. Its not coming out.

3Drealms has its employees on the forums though, and they activly post and give some information about duke when forum goers ask, so in a sence they are letting us know whats going on. You cannot compare this with the lack of response from valve.

I really dislike the attitude of "Well everyone else does it so why should we protest it". Yeah sure other companys do it, I do realize this but you fail to see my point: "If you let them get away with it then its just going to keep happening and happening".

How often do you go the the forum? I have been there often lately and while yes the staff SOMETIMES is there...they dont answer the questions the people want to know. They dont tell the fans when the game will be out or when they can have media...that forum is extremely censored because any topic relating to such things are locked or erased. Is this what you want? I dont.

I am not necessarily saying we shouldnt protest. Companies know that we as consumers dont like it. The problem is that sometimes things happen that neither side can do anything about. Do you think companies WANT to delay their products? i dont. but sometimes they have to in order to put out the product people want.

People complain when games are delayed and then they also complain when games are not delayed but turn out shitty because they should have been worked on for another month. Which do you prefer?

I agree it would be nice if valve said, "sorry no videos today" but i understand that they are busy people and the truth is it is no skin off my back if i see them later.

But anyone got any info on that new Stalker : Into Oblivion movie that was supposed to come out 1:45 minutes ago???

I still love Valve, I think whatever their doing they have a very good reason for it.

I also agree they should have NEVER announced this game. It would of saved us a lot of headachs =)

Who's to say it ISN'T coming out today...? Just you people speculatin' ...perhaps it's just gonna be a little late.

Does your argument mean that if Valve never promised us new videos and you new nothing about them, you would be more interested in the game?

Yes, they set my expectations of a new video every day, they did not meet this expectation nor did they explain why, so yes I am less interested in the game and valve.

Second...you must have already been somewhat interested in purchasing the game or otherwise you wouldnt be on these forums. Does your argument mean that if Valve never promised us new videos and you new nothing about them, you would be more interested in the game? And also, you forget that you have probably already seen the movie...it is the e3 movie...nothing new (yet). So if you are complaining that you havent seen the movie then your argument is invalid because you CAN see the movie elsewhere...just not as good.

Again they set my expectation of High Res Detailed media, every day, and they did not meet this expectation nor explain why.

Third...so you were first in debate? So what...is this supposed to impress me? So far i have not seen too much logic in your arguments. I dont mean to insult but your arguments are based on the feelings (bad debate tactic mind you). You feel angry and offended that the video isnt here so you complain. There is no debate.

With your logic we should let companies throw dirt in the faces of prospective customers and just stand by them with out questioning why.

Oh wake up chris, its been an hour and fourty three minutes. Its not coming out.

I wasn't referring to that actually.

And maybe you're the one that should wake up and accept it.

I woke up, see thats why I said its not coming out.

I was waiting for the media for one reason, If you havent seen the G-man 56k thread check it out. I was waiting so I could re-encode it then release it to those without high end PC's or 56k so they can enjoy it.

Wahey, get a cup of coffee and while ur there get me one.
I see your annoyance North. But anarchy, the "lone anarchist" ... his opinions still aren't quite making much sense. I'm talking about him like he isn't there, because frankly, I wish he wasn't :D

hehe

Chill people, this has got a bit out of hand tonight. Sit down anarchy, breathe into a brown paper bag for a few minutes and it'll be fine and you'll still want to buy HL2. Trust me.

OK SHUT UP!!! JSUT SHUT UP!!!!

1. GO WATCH SOME TV AND FIX YOURSELVES SOMETHING TO EAT. PROCEED TO EAT AND WATCH AND MAYBE GO AND GET DRUNK AT SOME PARTY OR GO SMOKE....DO WHAT YA GOTTA DO TO STAY AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER.

2.AS YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING AND WONDER WHERE YOU ARE....RECOVER...GET A RIDE BACK TO YOUR HOUSE IF NESSISSARY AND PERHAPS IT WILL BE NOON BY THE TIME YOU GET BACK.

3. NOW CHECK STEAM AND SEE IF ANY VIDEOS ARE THERE, IF THEY ARE, GOODIE! IF NOT GO AND DO SOMETHING ELSE

4. AS FOR ME, IM GOING TO GO BLOW SH*T UP. I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING TO GET AWAY FROM HALF LIFE 2!!!!!! =0

For some reason I felt inclined to post this BELOW csmighty's post :rolleyes: :D
I woke up, see thats why I said its not coming out.

I was waiting for the media for one reason, If you havent seen the G-man 56k thread check it out. I was waiting so I could re-encode it then release it to those without high end PC's or 56k so they can enjoy it.

Wahey, get a cup of coffee and while ur there get me one.
I see your annoyance North. But anarchy, the "lone anarchist" ... his opinions still aren't quite making much sense. I'm talking about him like he isn't there, because frankly, I wish he wasn't

hehe

Chill people, this has got a bit out of hand tonight. Sit down anarchy, breathe into a brown paper bag for a few minutes and it'll be fine and you'll still want to buy HL2. Trust me.

Originally posted by csmighty
OK SHUT UP!!! JSUT SHUT UP!!!!

1. GO WATCH SOME TV AND FIX YOURSELVES SOMETHING TO EAT. PROCEED TO EAT AND WATCH AND MAYBE GO AND GET DRUNK AT SOME PARTY OR GO SMOKE....DO WHAT YA GOTTA DO TO STAY AWAY FROM YOUR COMPUTER.

2.AS YOU WAKE UP IN THE MORNING AND WONDER WHERE YOU ARE....RECOVER...GET A RIDE BACK TO YOUR HOUSE IF NESSISSARY AND PERHAPS IT WILL BE NOON BY THE TIME YOU GET BACK.

3. NOW CHECK STEAM AND SEE IF ANY VIDEOS ARE THERE, IF THEY ARE, GOODIE! IF NOT GO AND DO SOMETHING ELSE

4. AS FOR ME, IM GOING TO GO BLOW SH*T UP. I HAVE TO DO SOMETHING TO GET AWAY FROM HALF LIFE 2!!!!!! =0

Agreed this is going no where, lets close it.

Chris_D's post was adequate enough csmighty, also do without the capslocks. Agreed - lets kill it.

Shall I redo mine in caps? It might get the point across better, or give the effect that I'm shouting really loudly at everybody :rolleyes:

Some of us still have hats left over from yesterday. Shall we eat them today if it's not released?

Anarchy, what do you do for a living? Not that this is any of my business but you have a serious misconception about business operations.

This has nothing at all to do with customer service.

There is no such thing as a "prospective customer"..You are a target market...you only matter as a part of that market, not as an individual.

Promises are not contracts. (not that anyone "promised" you a damn thing)

The only customer service you deserve is that wich was provided with your purchase of Half Life, and that service is supplied by Sierra...not Valve...so all this "customer service" bs is a moot point.

You dont deserve a damn thing so stop with all this company politics BS, you obviously havent a clue what your talking about.

With your logic we should let companies throw dirt in the faces of prospective customers and just stand by them with out questioning why.

Incorrect. If you look at some of the posts that i have made, i have stated that i do not approve this sort of behavior. This being said, i do understand that sometimes things happen that people cant control.

Halflife2 media is not a life or death thing (not for me anyway). I am not going to disappear from this earth if i dont get my daily alotment of videos. Like i said, they are probably well aware that the fans disapprove of this...but they know that this is part of the game. Fans will complain about each and every move they make. They make the concious decision to move along and continue working on the game.

I dont disagree with you...i think if they arent going to release it today that it would be nice to get a message saying so. But if it doesnt come i am not going to lose sleep or temper over it. That would be where i would start wasting my time. I believe that the videos will be released eventually and to me that is all that matters.

They are just movies. No more no less. I have seen the shaky cam version so there is nothing there i dont know about. If the high quality ones dont come out on a "one per day" basis ...so be it. They will come out eventually.

Like i said, if you want an official response, then email valve. As for me, i can wait. I live in Chicago and here it is only 8pm ...there is still time left in the day for the videos to come out. I dont think they are going to but the point is the day is not over.

I think we've agreed to drop it people. Everyone has. Could you please do the obvious and concur please?

I concur...unfortunatly i was writing my last post when the "drop it" posts were posted so i did not know about them until after i posted. ...:)

We = chris, anarchy and northwood

Overwhelming majority of people who want to end this thread.....

Originally posted by Parasite
Alright Chris...you start :rolleyes:

I did...... but don't tell anyone, I don't think they've seen the two posts I made yet. Shhhhh!

Yeah especially since we were the ones who kept it going - ok thats my last post on this ;)

I dont see anything wrong with a healthy debate. This thread is certainly more civil that some of the other ones. I do agree though that the arguing wont get us anywhere so if people wish to stop it that is up to them.

Nothing wrong with it at all... it was going a little too far though really

Can I?

btw, are you the same Banana that made maps for AHL?

Back