why did they have to load HL2 with sexual innuendoes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I would never, never allow my children (who are home schooled, btw) play HL2. The amount of sexual innuedo in this game is unbelievable. What happened to the HL I knew, the family friendly HL, long gone and forgotten?

From the dialogue between "Alyx" and Gordon, to the way she looks at him (observe her eyes subtly glancing his privates), to her lack of clothing, to all the explicit innuendo per se throughout the game, it is a slap in the face to all parents whose children have been loyal fans of their franchise. Thanks a lot Valve, thanks to you my kids cannot play HL2.

Seriously..... Your worried about sexual innuendoes? What the HELL!! The damn game allows you to blow apart aliens, and slaughter combine... AND YOUR WORRIED ABOUT SEXUAL REFRENCE

Takashi Shimura said:
I would never, never allow my children (who are home schooled, btw) play HL2. The amount of sexual innuedo in this game is unbelievable. What happened to the HL I knew, the family friendly HL, long gone and forgotten?

From the dialogue between "Alyx" and Gordon, to the way she looks at him (observe her eyes subtly glancing his privates), to her lack of clothing, to all the explicit innuendo per se throughout the game, it is a slap in the face to all parents whose children have been loyal fans of their franchise. Thanks a lot Valve, thanks to you my kids cannot play HL2.
Man there's never an end to things you bitch about eh? Lack of clothes? Are you referring to her jeans, sweater, or vest? Did you download the bikini mod or somethin?

Takashi Shimura said:

Glancing at his privates through an HEV suit? Right.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's all I have to say about that.

And no I'm not laughing with you I'm laughing at you. :)

I think he's kidding.
If you're not... Well...
The original HL was MUCH more gorier when you think of it (Remember that dead marine that was being eaten by a bullsquid, and the marines leg got stuck behind a wall and therefore broke with a sickening "crack" leaving the leg sickly mangled)

Splinter16 said:
Seriously..... Your worried about sexual innuendoes? What the HELL!! The damn game allows you to blow apart aliens, and slaughter combine... AND YOUR WORRIED ABOUT SEXUAL REFRENCE

aliens = fake
combine = fake
sexual references = very real problem

Besides, if it's innuendo, how are children going to know what it's about? They aren't. Given the range of other subjects that people could complain about, this is a very odd one.

Takashi Shimura said:

Your worried about sexual innuendos? What about the ever-so-popular VIOLENCE in video games *insert whiny voice here*?!

Lack of clothing? Last I was aware, lack of clothing was either being nude, or wearing a g-string and fishnet bra. Alyx wears clothes. She wears a jacket for crying out loud. Considering she's never seen Gordon before, shes giving Gordon a good look over..You know, like what your high-school friend would do after you haven't seen him in 10 years. He's not looking at your wang, hes looking to see how much you've changed. Wether you've buffed up, or if your still the same damn pussy about stuff, and this one I'll go with bitching over something simple.

Don't like the game? Shove a CD box up your ass, or this community will throw some cheetos at you and make you TAP DANCE!

This is bullshit, stop complaining about inane problems you dream up.

lol in HL2 you can grab an enemy soldier by his shlong and smash his dangling corpse into the wall repetedly before launching him at a group of people (electrifying them), but if Alyx looks at you funny, "O NOES!!!! TEH SECHSUAL INNUENDOES IS HURTING MY CHILDRENS EYES!!!!" :eek:
I really hope your kidding, this has to be the lamest thing I have ever heard! :LOL:

:LOL:

Yeah, right, whatever. I think your just ranting for the sake of ranting. As there is hardly any of what your mumbling on about in HL2...most games on the market are like this. Timesplitters 3 for example, or Far Cry...or quite possibly any game with a female character.

Your children can't play it? It's a 15 anyway, they shouldn't be, so why don't you wait until they are old enough. Even then, you get to play it, right. What's the argument? Don't mind subjecting them to masses amount of gore...but I don't want these sexual innuendoes!"

:|

Sorry, it's an 18.

We should of been able to see Alyx's vag in an 18. Or atleast some softcore prono!

innuendos are fine firstly
secondly there are none
thirdly your just trying to make a point from nothing
fourthly if you consider there not enough clothing on the characters you must be an eskimo. Would you rather they wore seal skins? Or maybe we should give all the ant lions jumpers. AND stick a pair of socks on lamarr for chrissake i cant see his dong...on wait thats another leg. IF anything the characters should have less clothing, particularly Kliener...that crazy cat.

And this is coming from the guy that posted about how he was getting lipo sucktion to make his johnson look bigger....

MarcoPollo said:
And this is coming from the guy that posted about how he was getting lipo sucktion to make his johnson look bigger....

I never posted such thing, not in these forums anyway.

You didn't mean to but you did, then you edited it. I remember it specificaly YUO NOT ALLOWED TO LIPOSUCTION!

There is NO sexual innuendo in HL2. The closest it comes is sugardaddy Kliener telling Alyx that her "talents surpass her loveliness", and that's not even innuendo, just buttering her up.

On a positive note, I think it's cool they play HL2 in Amish communities like yours.

Takashi Shimura said:
I never posted such thing, not in these forums anyway.
So you've posted them....?
I really do think you're making a mountain out of atoms :\.

You think your kids should be kept away from hl2? you need to be kept away from your kids!

.........anything and everything has been discussed on this forum and I have never read anything about alyx eyeing up gordons privates....

You obviously have a filthy mind

Wasn't this the same guy that posted that thread about how he won that lottery and was offering the first 10 people to reply to his post a free PSP?

The original post was so stupid that I had to crack my girlfriend in the head.

What a bastard.

Takashi, you didn't write the piece on "Is your son a hacker?"

I can Imagine your the kind of person that would think along those lines, I'm a great parent, I protect my children from the whole world....

Then Whoops, kids get bullied for asking questions like "Whats sexing?" and "Whats a Hax0r?" etc.

Don't be so naive, innuendos, thats really pathectic.

Shodan said:
Takashi, you didn't write the piece on "Is your son a hacker?"

I can Imagine your the kind of person that would think along those lines, I'm a great parent, I protect my children from the whole world....

Then Whoops, kids get bullied for asking questions like "Whats sexing?" and "Whats a Hax0r?" etc.

Don't be so naive, innuendos, thats really pathectic.

My kids know more about sex than the average kid who is a victim of the public education system. I even taught them why women go to the bathroom after having relations, etc.... The problem is that what is portrayed in HL2 is plain vulgarity, and that is something I, and every parent should, object to.

Takashi Shimura said:
My kids know more about sex than the average kid who is a victim of the public education system. I even taught them why women go to the bathroom after having relations, etc.... The problem is that what is portrayed in HL2 is plain vulgarity, and that is something I, and every parent should, object to.

How is it vulgar? Real people act like that... its just dodging reality if you think some flirty looks are vulgar.

Anyway, if you think your kids are responsible enough to play a game that includes killing, then surely they'll be ok with one that includes a little loving

Takashi Shimura said:
I even taught them why women go to the bathroom after having relations, etc.... The problem is that what is portrayed in HL2 is plain vulgarity, and that is something I, and every parent should, object to.

Vulgarity?

So what is it about alyx or judith that you don't like, that they dont wear enough clothes, their trousers are to low, or that you can see their hair, what is it? they are acting in a normal way (for a fighting game)

I only remember hearing the word bullshit once in the game, it appears to be rattling around inside your head.

I actually fear for your children's wellbeing, as well as your own. There is absolutely zero sexual innuendo in Half-Life 2, it's your own 'perverted' (and I use that word very carefully) mind that's seeing something that isn't really there. If you want to see what innuendo actually looks like watch a Carry-on film

in·nu·en·do
n. pl. in·nu·en·does

1. An indirect or subtle, usually derogatory implication in expression; an insinuation.

So where was the sexual reference 'implied' in the game exactly?

Out of curiosity...are you religious at all?

So now it's plain vulgarity... I mean seriously, make your mind up - is it that or innuendo, because the two contradict each other very nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back