WoW Stress test ..who's in?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dedalus: i would like to know how to dl it from Fileplanet too :) if its not to big a deal hehe

I accidently closed the window with the beta key and the d/l link on it when I got in...I panicked for a little bit...then just did the signup form again with the exact same info...they spit out the exact same key and page again.

EDIT: I want my email with the account creation info in it :( They need to finish handing out those 100,000 keys. I'm taunted by the beta login screen not having any account info to type in.

javascript:void(fileWindow('_redirnew.aspx?fp=144890&mi=307&f=122051&p=1&url=http%3a%2f%2fx69.fileplanet.com/082004%2fwow_stresstest_beta.zip&v=44', winName));

ok thats as direct a link i can get it should go directly to downloading but i know crap about this stuff so....

that wont work, cuz it's a javascript pop up not a URL

I'm grabbing it off FP @ 350k/per second+ and will be done in around 40 minutes.

Alright Ill use Deadline as my name... if that doesnt work than DeadlineHL2 if that doesnt work... screw it lol

I am aiming towards a Night Elf Hunter atm.

Deadline said:
Alright Ill use Deadline as my name... if that doesnt work than DeadlineHL2 if that doesnt work... screw it lol

I am aiming towards a Night Elf Hunter atm.

we probably should all use HL2 at the end of our names, makes it easier to spot each other

I think I'm also choosing Night Elf hunter

Well If it is 100,000 keys....fileplanet has already issued 58,500 as of now so hopefully not to long till we get our emails in.

CptStern said:
I think I'm also choosing Night Elf hunter

F-ing copy cat

:p Anyhow, anyone know how customizable your charecter is, like size and color and stuff? I used to be a member of the forums before the closed beta started, had alot of posts on it, but I dont know how much has changed since. Thanks.

I woulda thought they'd go faster... what with all the Diablo IIers and the Starcrafters and Warcrafter IIIers...

Oh, and I'm prolly gonna be downloading until like 10:00 or midnight, though, so that's cool... goddam... no file recovery shizz worked. :hmph:

Letters said:
I woulda thought they'd go faster... what with all the Diablo IIers and the Starcrafters and Warcrafter IIIers...

Oh, and I'm prolly gonna be downloading until like 10:00 or midnight, though, so that's cool... goddam... no file recovery shizz worked. :hmph:

hahaha... jumped the gun son :p Anyhow, you avatar is hot, so it makes things ok. ;)

Deadline said:
F-ing copy cat

:p Anyhow, anyone know how customizable your charecter is, like size and color and stuff? I used to be a member of the forums before the closed beta started, had alot of posts on it, but I dont know how much has changed since. Thanks.

yes I'd like to know too ...so I can copy Deadline :thumbs:

let me get my notepad, I'll be right back to jot this down

note to self: be like more Deadline

CptStern said:
yes I'd like to know too ...so I can copy Deadline :thumbs:

let me get my notepad, I'll be right back to jot this down

note to self: be like more Deadline

dont you mean more like Deadline? LOL ... teh sarcasm is teh killz0rz

Deadline said:
dont you mean more like Deadline? LOL ... teh sarcasm is teh killz0rz

no!! be like more Deadline!!!

I like more Deadline!! I am so smart!! I am so smart!! S-M-R-T ...doh!, I mean S-M-A-R-T

:E

I thought you said you'd be finished by 10? I'm unzipping right now ...taking forever

im in, took me 1.6 hours to dload it. no not frome vileplanet.

yes i got a key or 2 from vileplanet tho.

can't wait to play.

Yeah, I thought it'd only take 10 hours... lookin' like it's gonna be close to 12! Anyway I'm at -1942222 KB out of -1879541 KB now going at -48.0 KB/s... so it's close... and yes, that's actually what it says...

oh and i might be either an undead rouge or human rouge depending on what people i know will pick. if its horde = undead , if its alliance ill be human.

cause i was planning on partying with people i know but i hear you can't party if you on 2 different teams horde/alliance.

im in. my name will be... whatever i choose, ill post here. i say we go on a hl2.net safari, see what kind of trouble we can get in to.

Letters said:
Hurray, it's installed! :eek: Finally...

We can start now!

I wish. Emails still haven't been sent out yet about account creation. :( I want to play so badly.

sHm0zY said:
Dont you have to pay to play online with world of warcraft

We will once the game is released...but right now it's in beta stages and they're starting a server stress test soon that 100,000 people get into. All of this is free if you get in.

I hope they're not waiting until 100,000 people download this thing to open it up. That could take forever. I might never happen. I mean, who says 100,000 people will download 2.5 gigs to beta test a 7 day trial on what will probably be very laggy servers. I think Blizzard may be overestimating the interest in this thing.

DarkStar said:
I hope they're not waiting until 100,000 people download this thing to open it up. That could take forever. I might never happen. I mean, who says 100,000 people will download 2.5 gigs to beta test a 7 day trial on what will probably be very laggy servers. I think Blizzard may be overestimating the interest in this thing.

A little birdie tells me all the keys are gone...I dunno how credible this birdie is...but the reason they haven't opened up the test may be because they're waiting 'till tomorrow (later today) to actually open it up rather than starting it in the evening or something.

ARAARRRRGGGGGGHHHH I HATE BITTORRENT

if i was using fileplanet (100 kb/s average) i would be donw by now! but im using crappy bittorrrent and im getting 20kb/s.

im 14% done AND IVE BEEN DOWNLOADING FOR 12 HOURS DIE BITORRENT DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

71 HOURS TO GO?
****ing ***y **** **** ******* ** ********olicious ***ck

Awww, bad luck suicide ;(...really hope you get it downloaded :)

Suicide42 said:
ARAARRRRGGGGGGHHHH I HATE BITTORRENT

if i was using fileplanet (100 kb/s average) i would be donw by now! but im using crappy bittorrrent and im getting 20kb/s.

im 14% done AND IVE BEEN DOWNLOADING FOR 12 HOURS DIE BITORRENT DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

71 HOURS TO GO?
****ing ***y **** **** ******* ** ********olicious ***ck

Why don't you just use fileplanet? The waits can't be that long.

DarkStar said:
Why don't you just use fileplanet? The waits can't be that long.

because when i use IE, the code that i have to copy right before i get to download it wont load. And the only times it has ever worked is when instead of getting a key and a link to the download section, it says "you have been put on a waiting list for a key", even though i allready have one.

Then when i use mozilla firefox, i can see the code i have to copy(i copy the adress into my bar), but the IP adress doesnt work and it still thinks im british.

if i try and skip the procedure by entering the download IP straight away, it takes me to the f*cking SIGN UP screen.

/me cries
/me cries
/me cries
/me cries
/me cries
/me cries
/me cries
/me cries
/me cries
/me cries
/me cries
/me cries
/me cries
/me cries
/me cries
/me cries
/me cries
/me cries
/me cries

DarkStar said:
Oh. Well then. God must hate you.

and fileplanet. and the devil. and jesus. everyone hates me. even my cats have pissed off.

it still wont let me download it even when I changed the IP and stuff.
btw I'm using internet explorer. :(

Any help?

Well I figure everyone will download this seeing as people are actually paying money for Stress Test Accounts on Ebay... yea... pathetic.

Anyhow, It should start soon, hopefully not today... I have work all day... so it can start... its not allowed ! :p

I got a key but had allready played wow, and thought it was really awfull, I gave my key to some guy on irc.

soooo you were in the first beta? what's it like? why didnt you like it?

I'd love to get it, but the fookin' thing is for "North American residents only". Yearrrrgh!! If I hear that from games company regarding a BETA again I'll go nuts! I know it's a BETA and I know it's free and as such I should'nt complain about not being eligable (blatant attempt to avoid incineration) but ffs, what's so damn special about North Americans? :p I'll have to wait 'till it's released or they extend the BETA to the UK and Europe.

its most likely because thats where the servers are, and they hate europe :-p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back