Yes, GTA:SA is THAT good.

Damn EBgames, i went there for the 2nd time and each time they say its for those who pre-ordered it only, gotta wait till tomarrow

Quick Question. Is money actually worth anything in this game? Is it harder to get, and more ways to use it?

In GTAIII, you got money for every thing you did and the only reason to use it was buying rocket launchers, and you always had enough money-if you didnt, go blow shit up!

In this game, will you need to get money to buy your first gun, and do you still get money from things like beating up hookers and blowing up cars?

At first I had no money but in like 20 minutes I made 11k by delivering these packages. There is a lot to spend on it like buildings, cars, clothes, and otehr things.

When you buy clothes do they get liked stored anywhere? Oh, and apparently I heard that at your house you can play some console game. Is this true? Only a day and a bit now...:(

JiMmEh said:
When you buy clothes do they get liked stored anywhere? Oh, and apparently I heard that at your house you can play some console game. Is this true? Only a day and a bit now...:(

I dont have the game yet, but i heard that your clothes that you buy are stored in the closet at your house. And i dont know about the console thing.

i heard you can play space invaders on the console.

and thanks amish, for answering my hefty selection of questions :D

and btw... san andreas is better than class anyway ;)

Suicide42 said:
QUESTION: do the pedestrians park their cars and walk about? if they do, thats so cool :D !

Yes, I've seen some pedestrians park their cars at parking-lots and at houses. I once stole a car which a pedestrian parked and he started to chase me... Hehe. :D

Jesus Lincoln said:
Quick Question. Is money actually worth anything in this game? Is it harder to get, and more ways to use it?

In GTAIII, you got money for every thing you did and the only reason to use it was buying rocket launchers, and you always had enough money-if you didnt, go blow shit up!

In this game, will you need to get money to buy your first gun, and do you still get money from things like beating up hookers and blowing up cars?

This was one thing I was hoping would change in SA...and to my delight, it has. Money is much more of an asset that needs to be conserved now. I only have $29,000 right now and a property I want to buy (an electronics store which I think has remote control vehicles in it) will run me $30,000. Lots of the missions lately have been earning me respect or nothing at all lately (with some exceptions). You start out with very little cash too. I couldn't even afford to buy an afro haircut in the beginning. Guns are more expensive now (or at least they take a larger chunk of your wallet) - $2k for an AK. With things that expensive...I try my best not to get wasted...and load when I do for the most part.

Fun times jumping off that tall building with a parachute. I was surprised how the skydiving/parachuting is actually somewhat in depth. If you hold forward, CJ goes into more of a pencil position and you fall much faster. You move around like you're actually skydiving. I expected it to be just you falling, then you press the button to open the chute...but you can control yourself and such (with the chute too).

I just got to a part with an "Advanced Driving School". It's basically you going through little stunt courses (doing a 360 in place, 180 around a corner and come back to a certain spot - and the hardest so far 90 degree parking with a 5 second time limit. I'm trying to get 100% (they average your accuracy percentage on ending location and which way you're facing at the end, then they subtract and damage you did - cones, other cars etc) on all 12 tests right off the bat to see if I get a reward or something...and I'm facing quite the challenge like 5-6 tests in. It's fine with me. I'm getting better at driving and my skill is going up quite a bit (about 1/5 full now or so - they take a while to upgrade :p ).

I wish I was playing now...but I'm at work. Gotta pay for my rent/bills/booze/women/games somehow.

Feel free to ask more questions. I may have some actual work to do soon though. I'll get to the questions ASAP.

wow... it sounds so... cool....

i have a question :D can you do my art project for me? i have to finish it before my mum will buy me GTA:SA. she said she'll buy it for me if i am a very good boy and i finish my art project... gotta work like hell tommorrow. Well, at least its a good way of forcing myself to do it :D and im glad i ahev a parent who lets me play it anyway- some parents dont like their kids having it- and with good readson. the video i downloaded from gamespy had the "F" word used about 10 times within the first 5 minutes.

I'm so tempted to buy a redesigned Playstation 2 now ;(

Suicide42 said:
the video i downloaded from gamespy had the "F" word used about 10 times within the first 5 minutes.

lol...yeah. It's not just the first 5 min. If your parents are bothered by the swearing...I'd recommend turning on the subtitles and playing on mute or something. Luckily yours aren't picky about that it seems.

I actually like that there's more swearing. It makes it feel more realistic.

Speaking of realistic. I think they did a much better job with character animation for cutscenes and such. The characters feel much more lifelike than in GTA3 and VC.

if she sees it with lots of swearing in, my mum will probally just groan and say "you shouldnt be playing that really.. " then go off and do the washing. or a similar household duty. :p well at lest thats what she did when she saw me throwing a motalov coctail into a group of disco dancers in VC :D

m,ind you... loads of black people shouting "WTF DID YOU DO WITH MY CRACK MOTHER****ING N****ER" then blowing each others brains out maybe a different story...

Dan Houser [co-founder of Rockstar Games] says that he cannot find any way to complete the game in less than 150 hours. lol

trippywippy said:
Dan Houser [co-founder of Rockstar Games] says that he cannot find any way to complete the game in less than 150 hours. lol

By "complete" he must mean get 100% and that's gotta be true. There's like 70 unique jumps or something...finding all of those would be so hard. Not to mention doing EVERYTHING there is to do in the entire state...That'd take forever.

How are the ragdoll physics in this game? do the bodies go flying when you hit them? Also how are the car physics? If you land on your side going 90 do you roll over 20 times? Thanks for the NFO.

abconners said:
How are the ragdoll physics in this game? do the bodies go flying when you hit them? Also how are the car physics? If you land on your side going 90 do you roll over 20 times? Thanks for the NFO.

No ragdolls. They go flying pretty much the same way as before. There's more animations though I think. I haven't payed enough attention. You can roll over a lot if going fast. I have yet to do it 20 times though :p

Bling said:
holy shit, i just picked this game up, and i was riding in the northern country farm hilly land on the bmx for like an hour

you cant really understand how big the map is until you experience it, simply huge

awesome awesome game. The jet is like a dream

Words can't do it justice, it dwarfs all other gta games in every way.

I finally got to mount chiliad, and I must say that it's worth the 50 bucks alone. I must of been driving my dirt bike up that thing for what seemed like 5 minutes. During the journey, a freaking plane almost crashed into me!(it nailed the mountain and burst into flames.) I didn't get all the way up because I f'd up and torpedo off the cliff, falling for an eternity until splatting on the freeway, right next to some hillbilly on a tractor trailer.

One thing that really annoyed me with Vice City was that every time I got a new set of clothes, it would go back to the default whenever I died/saved the game.

Is this the same with San Andreas with the clothes and hair cuts?

I have the game and I have a few questions. I've done all of the Sweet, Big Smoke, and Ryder missions. I'm working on the Loc mission and I just stole Madd Dogg's ryhme book. I got a call from that cop saying he wants me to meet him at a donut shop. Here are my questions:

1. How do you gain territory? I look in the stats and I always have 11 territories and the Ballas have like 26 or something like that. I want to get more territories :).

2. How do you raise your sex appeal?

3. I currently own two properties. I own a 24/7 that I got from doing a bike dilvery mission and a safe house near Burger Shot I bought for 10k. The safe house took all my money lol. The 24/7 is supose to be giving me 2000 income every day or so in game. The problem is I forgot where it is so I can't pick up the money lol. Is there a way I can see it on the map so I can pick up my money?

4. What is the advantage of spray painting over other gang's sprays. I currently have gotten 19 sprays but I'm having trouble finding where the other 81 are lol. Since I don't get anything for doing it, what's the advantage in it?

5. Is there an ammunation in Los Santos? I only know where that old guy's place is but you can only pick up a pistol there.

6. If I dress up in another gang's color will they shoot at me?

7. How much respect do I need before I can get gang members to follow me? Is there any advantage to them following you besides the extra muscle?

8. My BMX skill is almost maxed out and I can bunny hop like 15 feet high lol. What is upgraded with your car and motorcycle skills increase?

9. Are some skills static so they never go down? I want to know about some skills like guns skills, bikes skills, car skills, motorcycle skills, and all the other skills there are.

10. Is there a different way to gain respect besides doing missions? What if I kill a bunch of enemy gang members or spray some walls? If I gotta do missions then it's going to take a long ass time lol.

That's all I got for right now. I'll think of more later if I'm palying the game and something comes up that I'm wondering about.

Pressure said:
I have the game and I have a few questions. I've done all of the Sweet, Big Smoke, and Ryder missions. I'm working on the Loc mission and I just stole Madd Dogg's ryhme book. I got a call from that cop saying he wants me to meet him at a donut shop. Here are my questions:

1. How do you gain territory? I look in the stats and I always have 11 territories and the Ballas have like 26 or something like that. I want to get more territories :).

3. I currently own two properties. I own a 24/7 that I got from doing a bike dilvery mission and a safe house near Burger Shot I bought for 10k. The safe house took all my money lol. The 24/7 is supose to be giving me 2000 income every day or so in game. The problem is I forgot where it is so I can't pick up the money lol. Is there a way I can see it on the map so I can pick up my money?

4. What is the advantage of spray painting over other gang's sprays. I currently have gotten 19 sprays but I'm having trouble finding where the other 81 are lol. Since I don't get anything for doing it, what's the advantage in it?

5. Is there an ammunation in Los Santos? I only know where that old guy's place is but you can only pick up a pistol there.

6. If I dress up in another gang's color will they shoot at me?

7. How much respect do I need before I can get gang members to follow me? Is there any advantage to them following you besides the extra muscle?

8. My BMX skill is almost maxed out and I can bunny hop like 15 feet high lol. What is upgraded with your car and motorcycle skills increase?

9. Are some skills static so they never go down? I want to know about some skills like guns skills, bikes skills, car skills, motorcycle skills, and all the other skills there are.

10. Is there a different way to gain respect besides doing missions? What if I kill a bunch of enemy gang members or spray some walls? If I gotta do missions then it's going to take a long ass time lol.

That's all I got for right now. I'll think of more later if I'm palying the game and something comes up that I'm wondering about.

1.) missions / killing 0_0
2.) clothes / haircut
4.) sprays are the new hidden packages, something might hapen when they are all sprayed O_O
5.) Yes, it has a huge banned of the american flag and guns on the building, think its towards the airport

the rest, idk : /

Pressure said:

To add on to bling:

2. The car you drive can have a hugh effect on your appeal, ie you look better stepping out of a Sentinal, then say a camper or tracker.

4. After getting all the tags you get alot of restect, and in the johnson house you get the AK, Tec-9, Sawn-off Shotgun, and Molotov Cocktails.

i get the bitch in one hour god damnit ONE HOUR

AHHHHHHHHH im goin insain

Great game, a few minor bugs or issues but nothing too bad (I must admit I was getting pissed when I trying to jump into a train car only to grab and hang off the roof). Oh and Presure get the strategy guild lots of help, damn things like a phone book.

woohoo!!! ive got it 11am this morning :D, havent played it yet, but been watching my bro play it tho.

Its kick ass!! :D, anyways, anyone know when/how you mod your car ? :O, and also how do the car washes work ? :O

simmo said:
woohoo!!! ive got it 11am this morning :D, havent played it yet, but been watching my bro play it tho.

Its kick ass!! :D, anyways, anyone know when/how you mod your car ? :O, and also how do the car washes work ? :O

I envy you.:(

Where did you get it from? To mod your car you have to go to a place called 'Transfender'. I don't know if you have to unlock it or anything.

Also if you die, does your clothes go back to defualt?

simmo said:

During one of the missions one of the Latino Gang members brings you to his garage to modify a car. You can go back but I think he only does low rider cars.

Harryz said:
Where did you get it from?

hehe :p...gameplay.co.uk :)

edit: ah, thxs for that pressure...also, any idea on how to get this 2 player thing workin' ? ;(

simmo said:

You can start to mod low riders after the Cesar Vailpando Mission (7th Sweet mission)

PS.: Nitrous pwns

I can't be arsed to keep a car though. They usually end up getting blown up.

^^Yeah they do that lol.

Simmo if you don't already know if you start from sweets house and drive west about three blocks you'll see a short dead end street to the right just before the freeway off ramp. Theres a building with an archway inside is the two player icon, when standing on it just use the second controler it'll tell you what button to push. Note The two players can't travel far from each other maybe 50 feet and if your both in a car player two acts as a gunmen.

I'm looking forward to play this game

Maybe I will buy a PS2 tomorrow, buying a PS2 is still worth the money? Or should I wait till the PS3 comes out ?

sharp said:
I'm looking forward to play this game

Maybe I will buy a PS2 tomorrow, buying a PS2 is still worth the money? Or should I wait till the PS3 comes out ?

PS2's are worth every penny right about now. You got GTA:SA now, MGS3 next month and GT4 in december. Some of the best games ever made and all the best in their genre by far.

simmo said:
hehe :p...gameplay.co.uk :)

edit: ah, thxs for that pressure...also, any idea on how to get this 2 player thing workin' ? ;(

OH MY GOD i heard you say that, but i didnt belive it... its not that i want it early but its that i think that the shops will be sold out... DAMMIt!!!! WHY DO I NEVER DO THE SENSIBLE THING??? ARRGH!

Alig said:
PS2's are worth every penny right about now. You got GTA:SA now, MGS3 next month and GT4 in december. Some of the best games ever made and all the best in their genre by far.

I went to the store today and now I figured out I saw the PSTwo (the new small version of the PS2) It's 3 times smaller... :cheers:

It's a shame they only had the black edition, maybe I should wait a week for the silver edition shows up...

Grand Architect said:
Great game, a few minor bugs or issues but nothing too bad (I must admit I was getting pissed when I trying to jump into a train car only to grab and hang off the roof). Oh and Presure get the strategy guild lots of help, damn things like a phone book.

Well I'm not asking how to beat the game, I just wanna know how things work :). I perfer to not use strategy guides :p.

burnzie said:
i get the bitch in one hour god damnit ONE HOUR

AHHHHHHHHH im goin insain

**** that off, stupid bastard never showd

now waitin till morning

Back