- Afterwards - A Half-Life RPG: Sign-Ups

/me is back, and tired after a week of hiking the Grampiains in Victoria.
/me will sleep now

You might want to make Stefan awake now, or maybe in the hands of the combine...??

lol

sorry guys ive had a busy weekend, wont be able to post update till tomorrow arvo.

ps evil. your guy is unconcious in the mud.

sleepy for me

sry guys i lied.
i forgot i have a gig (for those of you in perth) at hyde park hotel. lol youll have to wait till tommorow :( sorry

ps. it starts at 8 pm ;)

/me chops Darkwolf's hands of, then force lightnings him through a shattered window.

Nice what do you play Darkwolf? And Jintor im just going to assume here that you've watched starwars episode 3.

trumpet. dont spoil it i havnt watched it yet!

(hides in embarasment) :eek:

Darkwolf said:
sry guys i lied.
i forgot i have a gig (for those of you in perth) at hyde park hotel. lol youll have to wait till tommorow :( sorry

ps. it starts at 8 pm ;)

it's tomorrow, wheres the update?

/me makes distracted lightsabre noises while waiting impatiently.

lol sorry about the wait ive had concerts all week :dozey:
here we go!

Mul
You look around the APC. Bodies and bits of bodies all over the place. There is a giant rocket hole in the roof... uh.... what was once the floor. You look on the ex-roof of the APC and see a... "holy shit..." you whisper to your self. On the ex-roof is the access hatch to an experimantal .50 calibre plasma gattling gun.
:sniper: (have fun)

Shaun
You hear a funny ringing in your ears, the sound of battle muffled, as if a veil had been lowered over your ears. You look around, your only team mate left is screaming something at you, you notice your wearing something that looks like a... bit of someone. You cant tell whats happening, infact, you always wondered what shell shock was like.

Stefan
In your dreams you see a landscape that looked as if physics dod not apply to it. A Vortigaunt approches you, this time you can understand what it says.
"Greetings to the Homosapient, we have come to reminde you of your mission. Free our bretheren, to aid you in your task we give you power, follow the crystal of xen. Now depart"
You jerk back awake and find your half sucked into some mud with the wrecked dirt bike scattered around you. Just on the horison (um... to tired to spell properly sry) you can see the base. Somewhere in the opposite direction is the Combine camp.

Kent
Looking at the map you see several weak areas in the walls at the side of the base, an armoury and a medbay. (more decision making wit lambada) It also has details on prisoner numbers, avalible cells etc.

Ian
A red message flashes on screen "Information Unavailable" You slam your fist on the board in frustration, Kent turns and stares at you. You start a trace one on where the information could be accessed.

See Terminal: 4D-673

You think for a moment... going back to when you were a mindless CP, images falsed before your eye but... 4D... that was a citadel computer...

ps. Lambada, have you written out you players actual history or something? If so please pm it to me. Id like to know so i can write something that wont clash with it. If you have written and really dont want ANYone to know it thats fine as well.

HAVE FUN PPL

wonderful

Shauns actions

The shock from the blast had knocked something loose directly above him, the last thing he saw was a rather large piece of metal plummeting straight for his head, *clunk*...

Don't worry about it Darkwolf, all my charecter's history was in my first post!
Why don't you take the initiative monkey.

("follow the cyrstal", where is it? with the combine camp, or in base can't remember...??")

Mul's actions

A 50.Cal pulse cannon... Mul's hands itched. He dashed to the over-turned roof and grabbed the 50.Cal. But it was so... damn... heavy! He dragged it outside, seeming to take hours to do a minute's worth of movement.

The CP's outside still hadn't noticed him, so he pulled the 50.cal up the hill, sighted down the barrel, and gently squeezed the trigger, bracing himself for the recoil...

"hmmm" Thaught Kent to himself when suddenly the Cp hit the computer console. Kent stared at the Cp for a few seconds before saying "Hey defective...Cp..... person Theres an armory and a medbay nearby is your neck still feeling alright after the umm thing i did to it?"

Stefan looked at the bogged bike, the fuel tank had been punctured when it fell into the hole.
"Hiking back, just for that bloody crystal... I don't know why the f**k i'm doing all this!" Stefan yelled to none at all.

He started to walk back to the Combine camp, covered in bullisquid blood and other liquid. Stefan was startled when he heard the call of the bullisquid coming from behind some bush. Shit... i have it's brother's blood all over me, it's going to kill me, or like me? Stefan thought as he assessed the situation.

(can i do that?)

Damn... Ian was once again frustrated in his sweep of the Combine data files by the all-too familiar red light that indicated a fatal error. As the convict looked at him curiously, Ian quickly swept his eyes over the screen, memorizing the name and location of the console the database displayed. It was common Combine procedure to place sensitive files in remote consoles to prevent them from being acessed through the database. Answers to his past would have to wait.

Turning back to the task at hand, Ian quickly downloaded the schematics of the base into his suit datapad, using the Sergeant's card to download the acess codes that restricted entrance to sensitive areas. Opening a inventory of the armory, he quickly perused its contents. Pulling up a list of the inmates, he compared the numer of weapons to prisoners and smiled grimly as a sudden idea occured to him.

Jailbreak...

Shaun
Unconcious!

Mul
The gears in the body of the gun start wirring. The barrel speeds up and reaches a point where it is fast enought to fire. "Why is nothin happening?!?!?!?" you think. You notice a big red button on the side. You push it.

With out warning it starts firing but there is very little recoil to your great surprise.... you think... "oh yeah... the combine managed to develop a way to put the recoil into the force of the shot." Looking back to what you were doing :)P) you see the huge hole in the floor the cannon is making. the four soldiers are totally obliterated the Elite jumps out of the way into the base.

With out warning the gun stops with an ear splitting "CRUNCH" "shit, jam!" The elite jumps back out and in almost no time at all reaches you in a series of leaps and bounds. It raises its gun and pulls the trigger, nothing happens, empty. Proffesionlly he drops it and pulls out a knife. You start laughing. It presses a button on the handle, the knife lengthens to a small sword... you stop laughing :p

(yay elite battle :borg: )

Stefan
The bullsquid jumps out of the bush and cautiously patters up to you... "uh...?" it seems that when your covered in bullsquid blood it wont attack. You keep on walking towards to camp and it follows, as you go more appear. (youll be walking four a few rounds now... unless you wanna do sometin else)

ian and kent will do some more planning (if you want) i suggest you wait cause im gonna post a map soon. dont have time now sorry ;(

have fun

Stefan begins the long hike to the Combine base, surrounded by his bullisquid friends.
His hands rested on the animal closest to him.

Stefan's mind wandered... Could i ride it, like a horse...
maybe
maybe

(Wolfy give me a yes or no, plz)

Mul's action

Oh. Crap.

An Elite with a sword, Mul thought. An... Elite. An Elite... with one eye.

Mul took a step back as the Elite advanced on him, flailing blindly behind him. This used to be a human, he thought. Used to. Used to...

He felt his hand touch on something large and a bit heavy. The Elite was advancing on him, oblivious to everything but him, when Mul suddenly became a blurr of movement, and a large sized and thouroughly confused headcrab hit him in the large, glowing sensor eye...

you fall off a couple of times but in the end you manage to mount it. you have to keep your feet up otherwise itll gallop from underneath you. :) lol

(LOL!)

The wind flicks Stefan's hair back as he rode on the back of the bullisquid.
(How many rounds will i ride for)

no idea until u get there, it depends on how long the others might take to finish there rounds

Name: Eriq Farrugia
Race: (real) Australian (fake) Dwarvern Freelancer (combine or rebel)
Occupation: (real) Student, Highschool (fake) highly trained sniper/knifer/man who knows where to fire a handgun
Physical Description: (real) NERD (fake) As Fit as they come, short hair, fitting of a helmet, brown eyes
History: Became a midget due to the something the combine (or earth) put into the coke, Needs to make a bazillion dollars to grow back to full height via operation and will shoot anyone who wants his money or gets in his path
Abbilities: Super Medical Powers (why not do the opperation himself) Pro Handgun Man

Motivations: To become full height again
TADA

Sorry a noob posted, a bit too full of himself...

pls explain how exactly this works?
to me RPG equals a game in which there is a starting area which moves on to greater things, if this is different, Go ahead

Tips: Spell.

Be as though this is a reality. The aim is that this is a role-playing game, act as though your character would act where they confronted with such situations as the Game Master (darkwolf) sets you up in. A sorta realistic character would help as well - no good posting about 'one bazillion dollars' and cheese.

the_rebel_medic said:
pls explain how exactly this works?
to me RPG equals a game in which there is a starting area which moves on to greater things, if this is different, Go ahead

If you would like to get involved, the person to talk to is Darkwolf.

Basically the format is this:

-Text based Role-playing (generally in the past tense) with single posts
-5 Characters with unique traits that all contribute in a different way to the plot, ie. my guy is a former CP who has shaken off the effects of Combine brainwashing
-Every two days (approx.) the Game Master (notice I capitalized) will issue updates to each character based on his or her previous actions
-Ulimately, the actions of each person intertwine and combine through the Game Master's subtle nudgings

If you are still interested, I once again suggest you talk to Darkwolf

Soory about the noob comment, could you make your character, more real-ish

unfortuanatly we wont be able to take any knew characters until this campaign is complete, ie. when they rid the british ilses of the combine presence. or when they die. MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... uh...

anyway sry bout that.

Sorry to be such a pain in the ass, but exams are coming up for me. I'm not going to be able to post for a couple of days. In the meantime, I entrust my Char. to Darkwolf's sadistic care.

I too have exams, starting wednesday, but will be able to post once in a while inbetween study.

(Lambada where are you from, city / country wise?)

i wont harm him........ much..............

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
hehehehehehehehehehehehehe
hooooooooooooooooooo

Lambada said:
Sorry to be such a pain in the ass, but exams are coming up for me. I'm not going to be able to post for a couple of days. In the meantime, I entrust my Char. to Darkwolf's sadistic care.

I also have exams. Evil evil hellish exams.

Back