BF2 Thread

KoreBolteR said:
how do i find out what ram i got for my pc? so i can get myself a new one.

and btw guys im gonna put these in myself and i only have basic knowledge :Olol

Trust me its easy to put in RAM, I put in my Geforce 2 and having no knowledge of the inside of a computer
Also download CPU-Z it will idenfity your RAM

Shakermaker said:
Right now:
AMD 1800+ @ 1.53 ghz
3x crappy ddr1 256MB
Sapphire Radeon 9600 Atlantis
Crappy Trust mouse
Crappy, itchy, defunct Trust headset

In a couple of days:
AMD Athlon 3500+
2x Dual Channel 512MB
2x Asus N6600GT
Über leet (altho somewhat geeky) Razer Diamondback
Not sure, about the headset. Any advice on that one?

Change of plan. I decided to not get an SLI-system (= double N6600GT's) coz it's too expensive for what it offers. I'm shelling out 40 euro's extra and getting a X850XT in stead. Seems like a good choice.

Shakermaker said:
Change of plan. I decided to not get an SLI-system (= double N6600GT's) coz it's too expensive for what it offers. I'm shelling out 40 euro's extra and getting a X850XT in stead. Seems like a good choice.

How Much does that all cost?

Shakermaker said:

whay not HIS X800XL it is cheaper, and you can OC to XT speed.

NikolaX said:

I thought there was a major difference between a X800 and a X850

Nabobalis said:
I thought there was a major difference between a X800 and a X850

x800XL is same as x800XT , they all have 16 pipes, XL is only little downclocked on memory.

X800 and pro is crap, only 12 pipes.

NikolaX said:

I've looked long and hard for a X800XL but they're totally sold out over here in Amsterdam. That X850XT looks pretty sweet and it's about the best card of this generation.

Axyon said:
For a safe bet go for anything by Antec. You might have a problem with the heat issue, as the 6800 range kick out a fair bit of heat. You might need a few more case fans if it really is a problem. As you can tell, it does all add up unfortunately.

How many watts any I looking for?

AMD XP 2.8
Audigy 2 ZS
1 gig RAM
6800 GT OCed
80 gig HD
MX510

:)

hehe everyone upgrading for a game they havent played yet, it could blow folks. :)

*flame shield set to overdrive*

the upgrades will come in handy for other games/tasks etc so............yeah. :|

jimbo118 said:
hehe everyone upgrading for a game they havent played yet, it could blow folks. :)

the upgrades will come in handy for other games/tasks etc so............yeah. :|

I'm not upgrading for BF2, but it will help off course. And besides, it won't blow. I'm pretty sure about that.

jimbo118 said:

Well having played it myself, I can say that if one loved BF1942, then they'll absolutely love BF2. Many game sites have played it and all of them have praised it. It looks to be a very, very solid game that will please all BF players. :thumbs:

Shakermaker said:
I'm not upgrading for BF2, but it will help off course. And besides, it won't blow. I'm pretty sure about that.
hehe
jimbo118 said:
:dozey:

satch919 said:
Well having played it myself, I can say that if one loved BF1942, then they'll absolutely love BF2. Many game sites have played it and all of them have praised it. It looks to be a very, very solid game that will please all BF players. :thumbs:
yeah i know, i was joking but ever since the brothers in arms reviews i take them all with some skepticism.

jimbo118 said:
yeah i know, i was joking but ever since the brothers in arms review i take them all with some skepticism.

You've got a point there. But again, I've already played BF2 and it was awesome. I came away from E3 salivating over the very thought of playing more. :)

you dont belive RICO's review, you should be banned from TBF2 forever ! :)

NikolaX said:
x800XL is same as x800XT , they all have 16 pipes, XL is only little downclocked on memory.

X800 and pro is crap, only 12 pipes.
Very nice PC's Guys a few need to upgrade but most of you will play this game on high

Maybe not me since i have a CRAPPY CARD ;( X800 PRO ;(

Axyon said:
The x800 Pro is far from crappy, jeeze.

Seriously. Its a good card. Don't let some of these elitist pigs tell you otherwise. :thumbs:

Axyon said:
The x800 Pro is far from crappy, jeeze.

the x800 pro is only crappy if your parents can afford to buy you a x850xt ...I'll take a "crappy" x800 pro anyday

CptStern said:
the x800 pro is only crappy if your parents can afford to buy you a x850xt ...I'll take a "crappy" x800 pro anyday

hehhe, well put.

lol
didnt want to put it like it is CRAP, just comparing it with XL. if you are buying GFX i will take XL anyday.

btw i am 23 and working as IT manager, so i work hard for my 2cents. what parents ? they live in another country. thank you very much.

satch919 said:
Seriously. Its a good card. Don't let some of these elitist pigs tell you otherwise. :thumbs:
I know he was only kidding, Hl2 is probably the best game out there graphically, and i easily get 170+ FPS indoor and 70+ outdoor which IMO is pretty AWSOME :)

I just sent Amishlayer 1 gig PC3200 of ram thru the mail This morning. I still have
2 x 256 Sticks of PC 3200 LEFT PM me if you are interested they are FREE .:)

Alan Freeman said:
I just sent Amishlayer 1 gig PC3200 of ram thru the mail This morning. I still have
2 x 256 Sticks of PC 3200 LEFT PM me if you are interested they are FREE .:)
:O :O :O
slayer you lucky git. gimme gimme gimme. :dork:

jimbo118 said:
:O :O :O
slayer you lucky git. gimme gimme gimme. :dork:

I offered to pay for shipping or even for the ram but he just sent it. Alan's the man. :cheers:

You wouldn't happen to have a 6600 Ultra or an X850XT lying around would ya Alan? :E

Back