BF2 Thread

Ive desided to buy it, I didnt play bf1942 for overly long though, plane spawn campers on each server made the game less then interesting.

But when I did, I was normally a medic, or a damn good pilot if I could ever get my hands on a plane.

it's gonna be fun, calling an an airstrike, painting a target and having a buddy fly in and take em out.

Shakermaker said:
I'll do my own flying, thank you very much.

I think on some jets and such you need a co-pilot or you will not be able to drop bombs because they have to be "flown by wire". So would you rather half a plane, or a fully armed, bomb dropping flying fortress? :bounce:

Oh and Mr. Redundant, I think they said laser designation is out. :(

Nope, sorry!

I do other stuff, other cool stuff. Oh and yeah, if I press a button on my wrist my arm transforms into a minigun and I turn into a super-cool demon.

So I think we can all agree that minigun arms are awesome.

dart321 said:
I think on some jets and such you need a co-pilot or you will not be able to drop bombs because they have to be "flown by wire". So would you rather half a plane, or a fully armed, bomb dropping flying fortress?
There are only co-pilots on helo's. They have the camera-guided missiles. The cam on those is supposed to be pretty cool.
The thing is, most modern fighters, bombers and attack aircraft only have one pilot. The ones that do have a co-pilot don't make very good BF gameplay. There's one exception: the AC130 Spectre. Now that would be a great airplane to have in BF2.

Gunner said:
Plane campers!
I never camp planes. Air transportation is on the top of my list, but those buggy's look pretty cool too. In BF:V I prefer to fly a full Huey Slick with 2 mechs that can repair in flight. With a tigh-knit team you can storm flags, even tho there's heavy AA. Aircraft in BF2 will be less powerfull than in BF:V, but I'm gonna try my luck in a Seahawk or one of those clunky transport helo's the MEC / China have.

Shakermaker said:
There are only co-pilots on helo's. They have the camera-guided missiles. The cam on those is supposed to be pretty cool.
The thing is, most modern fighters, bombers and attack aircraft only have one pilot. The ones that do have a co-pilot don't make very good BF gameplay. There's one exception: the AC130 Spectre. Now that would be a great airplane to have in BF2.

I loved using that in DC back when they had it on a bunch of maps. If I was the middle east coalition I'd grab an SU-35 and fly behind the ac130 and just blast everyone inside through the back hatch that was almost always left open. I could even kill the pilot from my angle. The inside cabin would just be a kill-box and when the pilot died, the ac130 would just plummet and crash. Such a good feeling getting like 8-10 kills in a row :)

AmishSlayer said:
I loved using that in DC back when they had it on a bunch of maps. If I was the middle east coalition I'd grab an SU-35 and fly behind the ac130 and just blast everyone inside through the back hatch that was almost always left open. I could even kill the pilot from my angle. The inside cabin would just be a kill-box and when the pilot died, the ac130 would just plummet and crash. Such a good feeling getting like 8-10 kills in a row :)

Like shooting fish in a barrel, literally.

The AC130 could be used very effectively in DC. Coz it was a spawnpoint you could do some pretty cool airial landings. Unless there was someone like Amish flying around off course ....

Ah, thanks for clearing that up Shakermaker. I wasn't sure if the new fighter aircraft had co-pilots or not. I guess I'll go it alone now. :)

Shakermaker said:
Like shooting fish in a barrel, literally.

The AC130 could be used very effectively in DC. Coz it was a spawnpoint you could do some pretty cool airial landings. Unless there was someone like Amish flying around off course ....

I love being me :D

Seriously I dunno why but in the BF 1942 demo (the only bf i have ever played) I would have too much fun with those flak cannons. I swear I used those things non stop to shoot down airplanes...it was so much fun and so satisfying to get kills.

Do they have those in BF2? I just love seeing it explode into a big black puff of smoke next to the plane. It just looks cool...I really hope BF2 has that.

MilkMan12 said:
Seriously I dunno why but in the BF 1942 demo (the only bf i have ever played) I would have too much fun with those flak cannons. I swear I used those things non stop to shoot down airplanes...it was so much fun and so satisfying to get kills.

Do they have those in BF2? I just love seeing it explode into a big black puff of smoke next to the plane. It just looks cool...I really hope BF2 has that.
I bet they have that + much more :naughty:

I agree, the flak cannons where so damn fun, shot down (And been shot down by them) countless times in the demo.

I think they have stingers....not sure about flak cannons. I have to admit though, there were fun to use :)

MilkMan12 said:

There will be mobile AA.

i'm most looking foward to being support, such as medic or engineer, sounds like they play a pretty big role, and a good team one at that. The medic will no doubt be well armed too. M4A2 or something probly.

Also in BF2, medics and engineers will get points for doing there job.

Another strat is the scout, they can now scout out enemies from a distance with their binoculars and that info will be feed to the F16's who can fire their Lazer Guided bomb's onto the scout's target. Timed right this can be devestating and possibly win the round for your team.
sounds like a perfect job for me :sniper:

I really like the new scoring system. Hopefully it's incentive enough for people to play as a team.

Shakermaker said:
I really like the new scoring system. Hopefully it's incentive enough for people to play as a team.
It is a lot like Americas Army, and the only TKing will be accidents. But that is all it will probably enforce, everyone will just want kills, and then there will be a few people who do the supportive roles, but not as many as are needed.

Foxtrot said:
It is a lot like Americas Army, and the only TKing will be accidents. But that is all it will probably enforce, everyone will just want kills, and then there will be a few people who do the supportive roles, but not as many as are needed.

So is it possible to turn off ff?

Ritz said:
Also in BF2, medics and engineers will get points for doing there job.

And its quite fun knowing that the fate of your squad may come down to you being able to do your job. Thats what I like about support roles.

Foxtrot said:

I already do supportive roles in BF:V so there are exceptions to your rule. It's great to fly a spawn-chopper if you're on NVA, altho you don't get any points for it.

Foxtrot said:

Shhhhhhh! Don't kill my false hopes and dreams!

supportive roles are nowehrer near the kinda roles br=f2 will support. excuse wm im kinda pissed. i am a firm beliver in medis roles rof medics. im am gonna be the maaaan.

btw, how sad is it im pissd asnd psting on a forum/ PLESE EXCUSE ME!

First Awards for BF2

Gamespy has awarded Battlefield 2 with the 'Best of E3 2005; PC Game of Show award' and 'Best of E3 2005; Mulitplayer Game of Show award'. LINK

J_Tweedy said:
supportive roles are nowehrer near the kinda roles br=f2 will support. excuse wm im kinda pissed. i am a firm beliver in medis roles rof medics. im am gonna be the maaaan.

btw, how sad is it im pissd asnd psting on a forum/ PLESE EXCUSE ME!

I've "done sadder", played WoW drunk on new year's eve. :LOL:

Anyway, I just wish they'd give +2 points for repairing tanks, or reviving team members, stuff like that.

I think we need to set up Squads and stuff, maybe a website, set up some things....

Gunner said:
I've "done sadder", played WoW drunk on new year's eve. :LOL:

Anyway, I just wish they'd give +2 points for repairing tanks, or reviving team members, stuff like that.
They do give points for that.

Foxtrot said:
They do give points for that.
being drunk and playing WoW?

if I had known I would have done it more often myself!

hehe, jk

the new scoring methods and teamplay aspects of BF2 are the things I am most excited about.

Dalamari said:
I think we need to set up Squads and stuff, maybe a website, set up some things....

perfect. :thumbs:

well unless we could use this site as a homepage.

like a link off. :cheers:

I have 100Mb web space... 50Mb + 50Mb on 2 different providers
:eek:

Back