BF2 Thread

Gunner said:
I've "done sadder", played WoW drunk on new year's eve. :LOL:

Anyway, I just wish they'd give +2 points for repairing tanks, or reviving team members, stuff like that.
It's +1 point for every support role action - reviving, healing 100 points of health etc. This is to show that they actually mean something now, but they're not worth as much as something really important like killing an enemy, which is 2 points.

dart321 said:
So is anyone going to make an actual site?
Perspnally i dont think its needed. Chances are alot of us that made BF2 tags in our sig wont even play with us ;( sooo we should just keep it simple. AGREED :)

We should all get our xfire names and stay in contact that way
so we can join the server easily when the time comes.

Pauly said:
We should all get our xfire names and stay in contact that way
so we can join the server easily when the time comes.

Aye just put them in our sigs ;) Easiest way.

Anyone know if there is gonna be a training session in BF2? i really like how in Americas army you cant play the actual game until you finish the training.

Silent_night said:
Anyone know if there is gonna be a training session in BF2? i really like how in Americas army you cant play the actual game until you finish the training.

Probably not. There wasn't one in the original and I haven't heard anything about it thus far. However, when they release the demo, it'll give people enough time to familiarize themselves with the weapons, interface, tactics, and squads.

TotalBF2.com says this:
The official Battlefield 2 website has been updated with some new information. If you have subscribed to their newsletter, you will be receiving an exclusive video showing how Battlefield 2 is being tested at the Electronic Arts test lab in Redwood City, California. They have also released a couple new screenshots on their Screenshots page.
Sign up for the Battlefield Newsletter today and get an exclusive look at how Battlefield 2 is being tested in the Electronic Arts test lab in Redwood City, CA. The exclusive video will be delivered to your inbox next week when the newsletter goes out

CANT WAIT people are saying we can see the demo SOON :rolling:

NEWS:http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/home.jsp

If you want to register click on newsletter sign up its free

2 NEW SCREENS
http://www.totalbf2.com/images.php?img=news/images/bf2new1final.jpg
http://www.totalbf2.com/images.php?img=news/images/bf2new2final.jpg

Hah. This isn't a single player adventure or anything. :D
The demo is the game. Sure, its just one level, but its exactly the same as having the game with that one limitation. Its not spoiling anything. It's giving it.

Direwolf said:
Hah. This isn't a single player adventure or anything. :D
The demo is the game. Sure, its just one level, but its exactly the same as having the game with that one limitation. Its not spoiling anything. It's giving it.
Some people still think that is spoiling it. The first day the game comes out everyone won't be a n00b, stuff like that.

Foxtrot said:
Some people still think that is spoiling it. The first day the game comes out everyone won't be a n00b, stuff like that.

Pish posh. I wan't as much of the game as I can get my hands on. If it's just 1 lvl so be it. I'm not all about the "experience" of experiencing the complete game for the first time with everyone. I just wanna play :p

:(

I wish the demo could come out earlier.

AmishSlayer said:
Pish posh. I wan't as much of the game as I can get my hands on. If it's just 1 lvl so be it. I'm not all about the "experience" of experiencing the complete game for the first time with everyone. I just wanna play :p

:(

I wish the demo could come out earlier.
I need the demo before I go insane from playing Natural Selection and Counter Strike...I can't stand the CS kiddies but I found a Christian server and they crack down hard on the CS kiddies.

Foxtrot said:
I need the demo before I go insane from playing Natural Selection and Counter Strike...I can't stand the CS kiddies but I found a Christian server and they crack down hard on the CS kiddies.

lol, there's actually christian servers? For some reason I immediately thought of devout catholics (complete with cardinal models) having a prayer before each round, signing themselves after each kill, and lobbing holy hand grenades around dust...

I need to get out of my apartment...

AmishSlayer said:
lol, there's actually christian servers? For some reason I immediately thought of devout catholics (complete with cardinal models) having a prayer before each round, signing themselves after each kill, and lobbing holy hand grenades around dust...

I need to get out of my apartment...
Catholic priests you say?

well it would make sense since most of the CS player base is under the age of 15,
*badum-tish*
ah thank you

The official Battlefield 2 website has been updated with some new information. If you have subscribed to their newsletter, you will be receiving an exclusive video showing how Battlefield 2 is being tested at the Electronic Arts test lab in Redwood City, California.

Few new screens :p

bf2new1final.jpg

bf2new2final.jpg

On other news

Point of Existence have officially announced that they will be porting over to Battlefield 2.

Check out thier new site for more info - http://pointofexistence.com/

I dont get why you'd want a POE mod for bf2- surely that's what bf2 is, or near enough. seems pointless to me

J_Tweedy said:
I dont get why you'd want a POE mod for bf2- surely that's what bf2 is, or near enough. seems pointless to me
Read the POE site, dude.
And those are some awesome effing screens.

Battlefield 2 Pre-Order

You may have noticed the new Battlefield 2 Pre-Order banner floating around. In association with Electronic Arts, you can now pre-order Battlefield 2 using this special code and get some free stuff!

* FREE Logitech® Internet Chat Headset
* FREE Shipping
* FREE Battlefield 2 Limited Edition Keyset with purchase of a Zboard

All you need to do is use this code, "BF2CPTTL", when purchasing from the EA store. For full details on this limited time offer, check out THIS PAGE

Jammydodger said:
Battlefield 2 Pre-Order

You may have noticed the new Battlefield 2 Pre-Order banner floating around. In association with Electronic Arts, you can now pre-order Battlefield 2 using this special code and get some free stuff!

* FREE Logitech® Internet Chat Headset
* FREE Shipping
* FREE Battlefield 2 Limited Edition Keyset with purchase of a Zboard

All you need to do is use this code, "BF2CPTTL", when purchasing from the EA store. For full details on this limited time offer, check out THIS PAGE

Good only for STANDARD shipping service to US or CANADA. Valid only at the EA Store at www.eastore.ea.com. Offer may not be substituted, exchanged, sold or redeemed for cash or other goods or services. Valid only in U.S. and CANADA.

KoreBolteR said:
aww why is it only valid in US and canada :(

Free shipping to anywhere in the world would cost them a lot of $$$. Besides, it doesn't matter, the Zboard thing is junk and I'm pretty sure you can find a store that offers the headset somewhere in Europe. :cat:

Gunner said:
Free shipping to anywhere in the world would cost them a lot of $$$. Besides, it doesn't matter, the Zboard thing is junk and I'm pretty sure you can find a store that offers the headset somewhere in Europe. :cat:

hmm i suppose... lol.

i would have thought they would have had some shipping deal in europe as there are loads of us gonna buy the game too..

but meh. :(

EDIT: gunner you get my pm?

KoreBolteR said:
hmm i suppose... lol.

i would have thought they would have had some shipping deal in europe as there are loads of us gonna buy the game too..

but meh. :(

EDIT: gunner you get my pm?

Yep I did. Add me to the list too :thumbs:

Gunner said:
Yep I did. Add me to the list too :thumbs:

Great, Done!

i cant wait.. i'll first have to buy myself a 1gb ram and a geforce 6800GT for my dell 8300. :eek:

KoreBolteR said:
Great, Done!

i cant wait.. i'll first have to buy myself a 1gb ram and a geforce 6800GT for my dell 8300. :eek:
hehe we're dell buddies, my 8400. :p

Best price I can find for it pre order is £27.99 from play.com
And thats with free delivery too.
But no other goodies other than the game.

HERE'S A LINK

Jammydodger said:
Best price I can find for it pre order is £27.99 from play.com
And thats with free delivery too.
But no other goodies other than the game.

HERE'S A LINK
With free delivery, play will occasionally deliver on the date of release, and usually after it. Never before. Gameplay.com, however, always deliver the day before release (for me, at least) or on time. It's only 99p extra from there as well, since that's the delivery charge.

Yeah I think your bang on the money there Axyon.

P.S

KoreBolteR how many we going to have in the clan?

I'd say it does, as if we have 2 many we wont have such a close nit clan with members who actually know thier fellow clan members.

IMO

Jammydodger said:
I'd say it does, as if we have 2 many we wont have such a close nit clan with members who actually know thier fellow clan members.

IMO

I dont know anyone on this board in anyway shape or form . Do you?
Also we can get to know each other by playing BF2 together. If we can get 64ish, we could have 32v32.

Jammydodger said:
The official Battlefield 2 website has been updated with some new information. If you have subscribed to their newsletter, you will be receiving an exclusive video showing how Battlefield 2 is being tested at the Electronic Arts test lab in Redwood City, California.

Few new screens :p

bf2new1final.jpg

bf2new2final.jpg

On other news

Point of Existence have officially announced that they will be porting over to Battlefield 2.

Check out thier new site for more info - http://pointofexistence.com/
Please don't post news that has been posted allready :angry: J/K :LOL: Gunners back i see :O

Back