BF2 Thread

Mr. Redundant said:
I CALL FIRST DIBS!!!! :D
please? :)
Ok its yours!!

$900 for a ****ing video card?!?!
Are you out of your ****ing mind?!

NO im just a nice guy :D

alan, im guessing your a millionaire $$$$$$$$$$.

did i tell you im your best friend :p

That looks cool alan...Im interested in your offer of the vid card. I asked that before...and heres my answer lol.

Your gonna have fun with that new card though, u can run bf2, hl2, far cry, and doom 3 all on maxed out settings AT THE SAME TIME lol.

Enjoy man...lemme know about that gfx card though. :bounce:
hehe....

KoreBolteR said:
alan, im guessing your a millionaire $$$$$$$$$$.

did i tell you im your best friend :p
Nah , i just save all my money i dont go out much. And my parents dont muy me nothin. I payed for everything myself :D See ya on the battlefield.

I'll trade the ram for the vid card :p

You are by far the most generous person I've seen on the net. Props to you. :thumbs:

Rico said:
Alan Freeman = Awesome

That is all.
Thanks guys your too kind its my turn to give. It makes me feel good to help others. Ohh and rico i've puth them in a envelope they are goin out as soon as i get up tommorrow. Goodnight :D

MilkMan12 said:
That looks cool alan...Im interested in your offer of the vid card. I asked that before...and heres my answer lol.

Your gonna have fun with that new card though, u can run bf2, hl2, far cry, and doom 3 all on maxed out settings AT THE SAME TIME lol.

Enjoy man...lemme know about that gfx card though. :bounce:
hehe....
Im surprised to find a 512 card right now most games dont even use 256 LOL Ohh well :dozey: :sleep:

Alan wow that's nice, you should be able to be able to pwn the graphic settings with that thing! ;)

Didn't read the thread, but I hope you have a good CPU and RAM to back that thing up ;)

BTW, if I were you, I would have waited for the next-gen of cards to come out, but it's your $900 ;)

If that guy bails out for some reason, like let's say he somehow gets assasinated :shifty eyes: can I get 2nd dibs? :)

LOL j/k Mr. Redundant <3

by the sounds of his carrying on, he'll just buy a next-gen when it comes out. That x850 is probably just to tide him over. Right?

Alan my man, dont buy 512 meg card, there is no fps change in eny game, so it is just waste of hard earn money. go for 6800 GT or Ultra if you have money. just my frendly advice.
if you wona se benchmarks, i will send you.
*stick nail in those who whant him to buy 512 meg gfx*

wohoo, I just bought BF2 :) It's gonna drop down on my mailbox on 30.6 :p

then you will play with us Trippy, just speak to Alan he will add you to HL2.NET ..
we are all waiting for 24 June....
and demo on some mid June, my 2c are in 17 June.

NikolaX said:
then you will play with us Trippy, just speak to Alan he will add you to HL2.NET ..
we are all waiting for 24 June....
and demo on some mid June, my 2c are in 17 June.
who's Alan? and are you guys setting up a clan or what?
Ps. I saw your from Croatia... cool I'm gonna travel to Hvar 13.8 :)

TrippyG said:
wohoo, I just bought BF2 :) It's gonna drop down on my mailbox on 30.6 :p
Well technically, that means you PRE-ORDERED it :p*Wiseass*

Gargantou said:
Well technically, that means you PRE-ORDERED it :p*Wiseass*
actually it means I PRE-BOUGHT it... because it has been paid already :rolling:
pre-ordering means you order something and pay when you get it

Alan, I hope you know what you're doing. That card is PCI-Express, not AGP, so I hope your motherboard is PCI-Express ready, otherwise you'll be forking out even more to accomodate that card.

NikolaX said:
Alan my man, dont buy 512 meg card, there is no fps change in eny game, so it is just waste of hard earn money. go for 6800 GT or Ultra if you have money. just my frendly advice.
if you wona se benchmarks, i will send you.
*stick nail in those who whant him to buy 512 meg gfx*
I think your right about that. im no computer expert but i think it will be a wait of money. so in other words i will wait sorry Mr. Redundant :D .

P.S. Hey RICO i just sent the memmory sticks to you this morning, when you get them you will see some sticky Adhesive stuff on one of them . dont be alarmed :eek: i just took the heat spreaders of it and it left some of the Adhesive on it Still works AWSOME . :D Have fun

no need to apologize to me mate, it's the thought that counts... I never really even expected you to give it to me.
you do have a really generous heart though, wish I had the money so I could do the same.
:cheers:

and the whole PCI-Express deal is the reason I can't upgrade atm either, so in the same boat as you :)

Mr. Redundant said:
no need to apologize to me mate, it's the thought that counts... I never really even expected you to give it to me.
you do have a really generous heart though, wish I had the money so I could do the same.
:cheers:

and the whole PCI-Express deal is the reason I can't upgrade atm either, so in the same boat as you :)
Yeah im sorry ;( BUT ON A GOOD NOTE NEW BF2 E3 VIDEO YAY :)
http://wolfgaming.net/vb/showthread.php?p=160998#post160998

EDIE: YOu might have to register i did took a few seconds.

I am more and more excited about BF2. It is going to be a ton of fun! For all those that might have played SOLDNER: Secret Wars this footage will remind you of it and it's large maps. When I walked up to this, in the Microsoft Games for Windows booth, the first thing that popped into my head was, "this looks a little like Soldner". The trees and the open map made me think of that for sure. You'll see it in footage.

Remember the machines running this at E3 were:
PIV 3.0 GHz procs
2 GB of RAM
Geforce 6800

So everything was turned way up. I never experienced any lag but that is more likely because it was on an internal LAN versus MP across the internet.

We hope you enjoy this and look forward to seeing you all on our Demo and Retail servers!

Edit : WOW the game is looking better and better. the shadows are very impressive, cool weapons, vehicles, Cool everything. Cant wait

you see how detailed the terrain and surrounding geometry is?
insane... this game is going to rule.

I wants me dat choppah!

GET TO DAH CHOPPAH!

that new vid was good, what map is that? the game looks awesome, i still hope to max the biatch.

None of these videos have AA on, it's really quite annoying. I want to see what they achieve with it on.

cant see it yet :(

anyone want to ride in my chopper? in BFV I crashed so often my team mates refused to fly while I was piloting ..it was actually quite funny ..me in one of those transport choppers while the rest of the guys were running towards the flag on foot ...which in hindsight was kinda smart cuz I had a tendency to ram into flags ...usually taking out several of my teamates in the process :)

Axyon said:
None of these videos have AA on, it's really quite annoying. I want to see what they achieve with it on.
could you tell though if it was? i mean the quality is poor, just shaky cam.

not much action in that vid, what was the point of the last minute, just so we could hear some song?, tired of vids, need demo.

jimbo118 said:
could you tell though if it was? i mean the quality is poor, just shaky cam.

not much action in that vid, tired of vids, need demo.
It's obvious on the Wolf videos - look at the viewscope when in the tank, it has clear aliasing with no smoothing present.

Axyon said:
It's obvious on the Wolf videos - look at the viewscope when in the tank, it has clear aliasing with no smoothing present.
interesting they didnt considering they were running on topend rigs, aa maybe cripples performance, i hope to push 4aa like hl2/fc.

One thing, isn't the environment supposed to be destructible?

What sort of destruction are we talking about? Full on red faction type stuff, Soldner type destruction or maybe less than that?

Rico said:
One thing, isn't the environment supposed to be destructible?

What sort of destruction are we talking about? Full on red faction type stuff, Soldner type destruction or maybe less than that?
Just bridges and and main points thats all really. thats enough for me. ;)

Will the engine be similar to bf:v in the sense that you have to shoot in front of people/vehicles to hit them? I don't mind this in bf:v, and have got quite used to it.

J_Tweedy said:
Will the engine be similar to bf:v in the sense that you have to shoot in front of people/vehicles to hit them? I don't mind this in bf:v, and have got quite used to it.

That's supposedly out now. I read a couple of previews which stated that. You shoot where you aim basically. :sniper:

Oh, and a big hearty welcome to cptStern in the HL2.net clan. You can't be a pilot tho; you made that clear. Well, maybe as added comical value, but nothing more.

EDIT Another thing, that video was OK. Worth downloading anyway. Those maps look very detailed. I like this mountain setting. Those guys didn't know how to fly a chopper tho. Friggin' n00bs.

Back