BF2 Thread

You can tell how big this game is going to be, 1000 posts in a few weeks.

Bring it on

How many times have you guys watched the new BF2 trailer? I find myself watching it constantly. :cheers:

satch919 said:
How many times have you guys watched the new BF2 trailer? I find myself watching it constantly. :cheers:

Once no need to watch a trailer more than once becuase this one won't mirror the game :sniper: :monkee:

J_Tweedy said:
I think they were running the rec specs (A63 3200+, gig, x800pro) but you can expect the load times to be long- these maps are huge, with what looks like heaps of detail.
I see in one of the previews the x800pro was running at medium settings, because high would be too slow, said an EA Games guy (sorry, my reference sourcing ability corresponds with my energy level, which is pretty low right now:)) but even so, at medium spec, the reviewer said it looks better than ANY other game out so far (yes including HL2). I guess it's a sort of futureproofing- it'l still look good in a year.
It was also an older version of the game, and the load times are going to be longer.

Foxtrot said:
It was also an older version of the game, and the load times are going to be longer.

That and when starting a BF1942 game with bots always takes a lot longer for me to load than simply joining an mp game.

AmishSlayer said:
That and when starting a BF1942 game with bots always takes a lot longer for me to load than simply joining an mp game.
Ya, I was suprised how well it was running. I remember my system was really slow with bots. Some guy has the review version of the game at the totalbf2 forums here is a quote about system specs
3.0Ghz P4, Geforce 6600GT, 1gig RAM.

It runs just smooth on medium. High lags on those 64 player maps.
I am not sure if he was with bots or not, but looking at the screen he posted, I would guess it was not a bot server.

MilkMan12 said:
wow now im really afraid my rig wont cut it for BF2

XP Pro
P4 3.2 ghz
1gig of ram
Radeon 9800XT 256mb

quit yer whining, that beats the poopz0r outta my rig :(

2.6ghz
1gb ram
radeon 9800 pro (128mb)

:(
I am the one who is scared

Mr. Redundant said:

2.6ghz
1gb ram
radeon 9800 pro (128mb)

You will be fine on low to medium settings, or medium settings on a low pop server.

Foxtrot said:
You will be fine on low to medium settings, or medium settings on a low pop server.
exactly :(
Im a gfx whore, I need to go get new junk... I just find my wallet a tad empty these days.

Mr. Redundant said:
exactly :(
Im a gfx whore, I need to go get new junk... I just find my wallet a tad empty these days.
Heh, so am I, even though I stop noticing the good graphics after a week I still notice the bad graphics. I just want to have all the essential things, draw distance all the way up is about it.

More info:

Bossman said:
Those endgame stats sure are great. You get to see which squad was the best, who was the best medic, who killed the most, who was the best teamplayer...etc

Foxtrot said:
Heh, so am I, even though I stop noticing the good graphics after a week I still notice the bad graphics. I just want to have all the essential things, draw distance all the way up is about it.

Same here. If there's a select few things I care about in games it's draw distances and model detail. Everything else can go to hell for all I care :)

Mr. Redundant said:

2.6ghz
1gb ram
radeon 9800 pro (128mb)

I have the exact same specs except I own a 6600GT, im guessing High settings would be pushing it a little too far?

TIIMMYY said:
I have the exact same specs except I own a 6600GT, im guessing High settings would be pushing it a little too far?
High settings possibly on a low pop server, but I am guessing mostly medium settings.

TIIMMYY said:

Consider yourself privileged. I'm running 2gz, 1gb ram and a 9600 :p Low will be a challenge for me.

Foxtrot said:
Ya, I was suprised how well it was running. I remember my system was really slow with bots. Some guy has the review version of the game at the totalbf2 forums here is a quote about system specs

I am not sure if he was with bots or not, but looking at the screen he posted, I would guess it was not a bot server.
http://forums.totalbf2.com/showthread.php?t=4473
is that the thread dude?

Final System Specs Released by EA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Official specs from EA are

Minimum:
P4 1.7 Ghz
512 Mbytes of RAM
2.3 Gbytes of free empty HD space
Sound that supports DirectX 9.0
Video that supports DirectX 9.0c
128 MB Video Ram

Reccomended:
P4 2.4 Ghz
1 Gbyte of RAM
256 MB Video Ram

i'm ready. Recommended woot. :)

jimbo118 said:
Final System Specs Released by EA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Official specs from EA are

Minimum:
P4 1.7 Ghz
512 Mbytes of RAM
128 MB Video Ram

Reccomended:
P4 2.4 Ghz
1 Gbyte of RAM
256 MB Video Ram

i'm ready. Recommended woot. :)

I wouldn't trust those though, roccomended is usually a little low too.

My comp will be utterly raped by this game :(
P4 2.5 Ghz, 512MB RAM, 9800Pro..*Sigh*

Gargantou said:
My comp will be utterly raped by this game :(
P4 2.5 Ghz, 512MB RAM, 9800Pro..*Sigh*
Get another 512 stick of RAM, it will help out the most. If you have low RAM you will lag more no matter what the graphics are, but if you get more your load times will be faster and there will be less lag.

IMO Bossman probably has the game, but he is very confused.

jimbo118 said:
videocard.
they're pretty high end tbh.
does bossman really have the game or is he bs'ing?

Probably has the game, or knows someone who does. Those pics weren't posted anywhere else.

Foxtrot said:
I wouldn't trust those though, roccomended is usually a little low too.
yeah i'd say 3ghz+ for max quality etc, the rest is probably spot on.

Foxtrot said:
Get another 512 stick of RAM, it will help out the most. If you have low RAM you will lag more no matter what the graphics are, but if you get more your load times will be faster and there will be less lag.

IMO Bossman probably has the game, but he is very confused.
How much does a good 512 stick cost these days?
I'm really saving up cash for buying a new comp in 2k6.

Nah, made a quick check myself.

Kingston DDR 512MB PC3200 400MHz CL3, how does that sound?

Gargantou said:
Nah, made a quick check myself.

Kingston DDR 512MB PC3200 400MHz CL3, how does that sound?

It has alot of numbers in it...so..erm, good? :(

Back