Crysis news/info thread

Damn this game looks sexier every time I see it.

Question : Will there be more wild-life in this game than in Far Cry?
Like, will I have to look out for tigers and shit?... instead of the random wild boar or parrot?

lol, I have no idea, I imagine there should be simulated wildlife of some sort.

Will be interesting in MP battling it out on foot in dense jungle, with people switching abilities, hiding in bushes with cloak etc. Will make for some interesting tactical and possibly confusing situations.

Damn this game looks sexier every time I see it.

Question : Will there be more wild-life in this game than in Far Cry?
Like, will I have to look out for tigers and shit?... instead of the random wild boar or parrot?

Hmm never thought about that, Animals

I wonder if they will have any animals ingame but it would just slowdown the fps so i would keep it out.

why would it slow it down ? the animals have ai just like any other enemy. it might affect mp but i really doubt it would have a significant impact on the fps.

why would it slow it down ? the animals have ai just like any other enemy. it might affect mp but i really doubt it would have a significant impact on the fps.

I just assumed if you add more things it would just slow performance down, shouldnt matter to me i got an uber pc.:D

I'm buying a new computer for this game when it's old news.

Man this blows , I bought a new pc back in december thinking the game would come out in march this blows . Now they say the game might come out in 07 ohhhh hell nah.

*Laughs at Alan00000*:LOL:

That's what you get for being foolish.:p

You guys are making too much of a fuss over this game.

You don't have to upgrade right away, the game isn't going anywhere when it's released.

I'm going to get Vista only because of this game.

I couldve upgraded months ago but thankfully I realised there were no games I wanted to or were worth upgrading for at the time. So now the wait for Crysis benchmarks begins.

Yup looks good, only thing that doesn't impress me about Crysis is 1. The clouds 2. The water.:)

lol, I presume you haven't played say Flight Simulator X with maxed settings for their clouds, they look far more realistic than Crysis..
Heck, FS2004 had more realistic clouds than Crysis imo.

010.jpg

Now it might just be me, but those clouds look alot better than the clouds in Crysis that I have seen, and this is from a game that was released in 2003.:)

Heck, in all honesty, judging by the media we've seen so far, Just Cause has better volumetric clouds than Crysis.:p

You see, volumetric clouds in game isn't something that is supernew, it has been around for quite a few years, and there are games that have pulled it off better than Crysis, atleast judging from what we've seen so far.

I have quite a bit of experience with this being an avid flight simmer, and flight sims always try to get nice clouds going.:>

thats probably because they're just a crappy bitmap image stuck to the sky...if i'm wrong and they're animated with particles then shoot my nuts and call me hyacinth

I have quite a bit of experience with this being an avid flight simmer, and flight sims always try to get nice clouds going.:>

hehe, fair enough, I just remember watching a flythrough in a tech demo and it looking fantastic.

To me, Crysis is more and more becoming an overhyped game that'll be soon forgotten after it's release. Because, apart from graphics, what new ingredients or mixes does it introduce?

Eh, so what's new with the alien environment? It's just shooting some enemies in a different place...that different place looking similar to Prey if you ask me. Meh.

To me, Crysis is more and more becoming an overhyped game that'll be soon forgotten after it's release. Because, apart from graphics, what new ingredients or mixes does it introduce?

Do not underestimate the calamity of graphics whores. :p

Judging by the fanbase of Far Cry, I'm sure it will make a lasting impact.

Personally, I think it would be fun as hell, if I could play it at a smooth 60fps or something close to it. It doesn't seem like it will be fun at all to play it at a poor and/or irratic frame rate.

I see crysis as a showcase for the engine, to license the engine to other game companies who can do great games with the possibilities of the engine. Crysis looks like a good game but i think its more of an introduction to the engine, to show what it really can do. I mean, in the end of the newest trailers they even give information about licensing, and showing what the engine can do. If people think that crysis is the only game that will use this engine then you are all ****ing stupid, many companies will make many many new games with this engine, not only Crytech.

I see crysis as a showcase for the engine, to license the engine to other game companies who can do great games with the possibilities of the engine. Crysis looks like a good game but i think its more of an introduction to the engine, to show what it really can do. I mean, in the end of the newest trailers they even give information about licensing, and showing what the engine can do. If people think that crysis is the only game that will use this engine then you are all ****ing stupid, many companies will make many many new games with this engine, not only Crytech.

Sounds like what Doom 3 was - not nearly what it could have been, but an effort to build a good game engine, not a good game.

I love Doom 3, and still have it installed and loved modding for it, but it was really disappointing at the same time. Like Oblivion TES 4, it seems it's impossible to live up to the expectations of your predecessor, when the previous title was so fantastic to begin with.

Also, the success companies like Bethesda, Crytek, and iD Software have seems to be the cause of their own downfall. The games become commercialized, and, like music, it takes away the soul, and instead it's processed with no feeling.

*****ING SIGH*

Nothing!!

1. Crysis is released (Wow, nice graphics... everyone talks about the graphics)
2. We enjoy the single player for 10-12 hours
3. Maybe try some multi player fun, but will soon notice that this isnt a next-gen multi player game
4. Dead game.....

Nothing!!

3. Maybe try some multi player fun, but will soon notice that this isnt a next-gen multi player game
4. Dead game.....

Yeah this is pretty much what i'm expecting too. It'll be a really good game, but its not going to open up a new dimension to FPS games or anything.

Also, the success companies like Bethesda, Crytek, and iD Software have seems to be the cause of their own downfall. The games become commercialized, and, like music, it takes away the soul, and instead it's processed with no feeling.

*****ING SIGH*
Bethesda went downhill after Daggerfall, and LOL, Crytek? WTF you smoking? They've only released ONE other game, and that is Far Cry, you can't really put Crytek in the same group as Bethesda or iD IMO..

Bethesda went downhill after Daggerfall, and LOL, Crytek? WTF you smoking? They've only released ONE other game, and that is Far Cry, you can't really put Crytek in the same group as Bethesda or iD IMO..

Forgive me.

I suppose your right about Crytek, but I will say that Morrowind was my first experience with Bethesda, and I thought it was fascinating. :p

4. Dead game.....
Good point, but what I'm getting at, is the mods. The mod community will go ape-shit over the ability to mod for this engine, with the trees falling down, and bushes being impacted by your legs as you walk through/past them.

Far Cry still had a big fan base, mod comm., and forum last time I checked.

I bought the game for like $10 a while back(I had just built a new PC with a new graphics card that can play it all high settings, whereas my last PC just crawled ( 5-15fps lowest settings on the demo), it has some cool moments, but I don't have a lot of time, and I wasn't overly thrilled with it for a couple of reasons. It could be fun, but I've got better games to play that I don't even have time to play so...

I should browse some of the mods for it and see what they've come up with though...

The alien world looks alot like Prey imo.

Good point, but what I'm getting at, is the mods. The mod community will go ape-shit over the ability to mod for this engine, with the trees falling down, and bushes being impacted by your legs as you walk through/past them.
I can't say I'm still superimpressed by Crysis physics, whilst surely it's nice and all, I think the new Euphoria physics engine is far more impressive than Crysis's :)

The "alien" trailer was removed. It was released by mistake. Didn't get the chance to see it.

Besides graphics? How about the customization options and non-linear gameplay.

Anyone saying that Crysis is just a generic shooter obviously has only looked at screenshots.

Back