Did anyone find the easter egg in the E3 2003 Trailers?

I guarentee we will one day find out what the egg is, and it will be something so OBVIOUS that we will feel stupid. It will prolly be like Gordon walks into a hallway and one of the doors close and you see G-man taking a dump.

I will look in the leak and see what I can find. Though e3 levels I have seem a little out dated from the ones shown

Well since it's considered against the rules to discuss the content of the leak on these forums, I suggest you keep it to yourself, romeo0201...

You know the easter egg was probably Dr.Kliener...

Back when the vid's were shown at E3, nobody had a clue what or who was going to be in it...

That would explain the crap easter egg side of things anyways.

Ive been looking at the vids and in the Techdemo section when the fire starts up there is a distinct picture of a girl looking object. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Attachments

• HL2EasterEgg.jpg
    HL2EasterEgg.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 428
There is supposed to be a girl I thought, to show you could build matter outa nothing or whatever they say at that point in the vid at E3.

well its either that, or that random smoke sprite ,when your driving up the ramp, on the sea floor.

I thought it was the presence of a toilet in each video. Toilet -> Valve.

i think i foudn it, or has someone already posted this...and it brings up the dark energy thing again

err how do i copy pics onto here?

Go into advanced reply mode and scroll down to the attachments section

page cannot be displayed whenever i tried to upload it, i will send it to someone else to do it

eber said:
hmm what do you mean with "Foxtrot Uniform" ? hm a level in OpposingForce was called like that i know but what does it mean ?

Foxtrot Uniform is part of the NATO & International Aviation Phonetic Alphabet. Like Y B stands for yankee bravo or S Z Sierra zulu. It's just a clear way of saying A B C D. It could represent a squad number or the number of a plane.

Or it could be that Alyx has the Black Mesa logo on her undershirt.

i would go for the toilets too, and i mean, in some videos he looks towards the area where the toilets are for no reason...

Coolhead2100 said:
Ive been looking at the vids and in the Techdemo section when the fire starts up there is a distinct picture of a girl looking object. Just thought I'd throw it out there.

never noticed the fire form before. I saw the water one though.

Nice noticing.

I say screw easter eggs. If you can't find them a year after the video they arn't worth finding.

well, in the room with the dropping barrels and giant bath, the tiles on the wall say something like "completion.... 70%" I cant read the word though. Nobody has mentioned that today.

herbster said:
well, in the room with the dropping barrels and giant bath, the tiles on the wall say something like "completion.... 70%" I cant read the word though. Nobody has mentioned that today.

Ahhh... Nice one... Didn't catch that one... :thumbs:

Attachments

• whatis70.jpg
    whatis70.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 353
I know what the easter egg is "it is that valve said it was and easter egg just to make us find something that dosent exist under that time valve will have time to finish the game when we are loking for something that dosent exist. ??? just a Theory. :p

Has anybody thought of translating what the G-Man says in the video? Sounds like a real language, not just random words.

I think it's A: Mandarin and B: Nothing important, just a couple of lines from HL...

Welcome to the forums, BTW...

in the coastline video there are numbers on the sub and on different cargo containers. I wonder if those mean anything.

Or perhaps this is the secret, did anyone else look for the hidden pic of gabe newell

Attachments

• gabe.jpg
    gabe.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 407
coleslawjoe said:
in the coastline video there are numbers on the sub and on different cargo containers. I wonder if those mean anything.

Or perhaps this is the secret, did anyone else look for the hidden pic of gabe newell

I did some search about one of the numbers on the container, but ended up with nothing. The best thing I could find was if you only searched on the letters, and not the numbers, you would end up on a page about a university. If that really is the easter egg, I do not get it, and I'm not sure if I want to... :|

Nice tail Gabe has btw... :E

In the Bink Kleiner's lab video, A voice that sounds like the G-man says something like "Oh fine" torwards the end. The real audio fades out but not completely and his voice pops out.

712 said:
Ahhh... Nice one... Didn't catch that one... :thumbs:

reflection... It's just a placeholder wall texture...

Translating what Gman said sounds like a good idea... Anyone capable of speaking some weird african language? :p

stoopdapoop said:
In the Bink Kleiner's lab video, A voice that sounds like the G-man says something like "Oh fine" torwards the end. The real audio fades out but not completely and his voice pops out.

No, that's Kleiner saying "Oh, fie...", which is an intellectual way of basically saying "Oh, shit...".

That's been mentioned so many times that we'd know if that was the easter egg/one of the easter eggs by now...

Originally Posted By Mr Crowbar:
Has anybody thought of translating what the G-Man says in the video? Sounds like a real language, not just random words.

actually, thats a really good idea! anyone speak chinese???

It's the chinese version of line that he speaks at the end of HL if you decide not to accept his job offer, IIRC. Someone translated it a while back.

Back