DOOM 3 went gold .

Great news!
Doom3 and HL2 are the only titles I've had my eyes on for over a year.

ShadowFox said:
Exactly..

Doom 3 = Good HL2 Teaser
hah! :LOL:

doom3 isnt just a game... its the standard by which all games will be judged by, and serves as the platform for many games to come.

There is no doubting John Carmacks engines are the most popular engines to license. They run great, look great, and John does all the dirty work for us.

Many people have said the MP they played at Quakecon was great, singleplayer, although may be short, may also be very good. I would rather take a short great game, over a long boring game. (not talking about hl2) recently, we have had some long boring games.

I've been waiting for this one for a long time.. a very long time. I can't wait. I know its gonna be good. I guarantee it, its taken this long, and given John Carmack's record, it can't possibly be bad. He wouldn't destroy Doom in this way He knows better to get on the bad side of long time doom fans.

but if your saying doom3 is a showing of whats to come in the future, i agree.

Awesome :D This is just awesome :D I'm so pumped for it now :D

*Yawns*

Yet another game to take up space and collect dust at the local wal-mart.

although they will probably fly off the shelves to be played for 15 minutes and then collect dust at the consumers home....

A2597 said:
*Yawns*

although they will probably fly off the shelves to be played for 15 minutes and then collect dust at the consumers home....
what makes you say that?

Later Summer/Early Fall 2004 = the PC reaffirms its claim as the best gaming platform ever!

A2597 said:
*Yawns*

Pffft...give me a break.

A2597 said:
*Yawns*

why did you bother posting here? This is a thread for DOOM fans like us to get psyched because the game went gold. Not for people to thrash / flame the game and our attitude towards it.

Amen.

Can't wait to kill a few of you with a well-placed shotgun blast to the head in deathmatch :)

Oh no, I can't buy HL2 if D3 gets released earlier! I can only have one game on my hard-disk!

Wait, so did D3 really really go gold? Or is the thread title just evil like that?

No idea if it went gold, but the release has beem confirmed. On August 3, 2004, "Mars goes to hell". Quote courtesy of thehunter1320.

It hasn't gone gold yet but it's date has been confirmed. It'll probably go gold two weeks before the release date.

Wow, over 3,200 views in 19 hours...

This looks like the real one, maybe it is. I sure hope so. But as always, I still don't believe it 100% until I hear a word from id software themselves. But as others have already stated, how many times has there been an announcement for official releae date on a retailer's site? Never.

Seppo, a guy from nv40.com had a chat with Adrian Carmack (No relation to John) and Todd Hollenshed. They said it is official, it is going to be released August 3, 2004.

ray_MAN said:
Seppo, a guy from nv40.com had a chat with Adrian Carmack (No relation to John) and Todd Hollenshed. They said it is official, it is going to be released August 3, 2004.

Oh, I didn't know that. Then I suppose there's a slight chance that might be the real date :)

That's really good news!

The game's already been delayed a whole year, I think this time it's for real, no conspiracies I tell ya :D

CB | Para said:
The game's already been delayed a whole year, I think this time it's for real, no conspiracies I tell ya :D

2 years, it was first shown in E3 2002.

I don't see what you consider "delayed". Id software never confirmed any release date, they have always been just "when it's done". If you're refering to the giant "Doom 3, coming 2003" poster at QuakeCon, it wasn't put up by id.

Well there was some interview where one if the Id guys basically guaranteed it'd be out in 2003, he was even saying it in a joking manner. I can't remember the exact quote but it was along the lines of "It'll be out in 2003 or someone's gonna lose their job."

Regardless though it doesn't really matter if it was delayed or not. The point is, the time of release is finally almost upon us. I've already said it elsewhere but I've been anticipating Doom3 as much if not moreso than HL2 so this is indeed a great thing (please don't turn this into a HL2 vs. Doom3 thing, I'm just trying to get across how badly I'm anticipating this game).

ray_MAN said:
No idea, but where is the AIM chat? It was there yesterday. I smell conspiracy! :O

Hmm, I'm beginning to slightly doubt this whole thing. I dont' care what the retailers or gaming sites have to say. If we don't hear something official from iD itself soon I'm just going to ignore this theory along with all the other speculation.

I sure hope it is accurate, but they've always said not to believe anything unless it comes straight from iD.

Maybe the retailers got D3 and HL2 mixed up, they really mean HL2 is coming out August 3rd!!!!!!1111111 :O :O

..I'll stop living in my fantasy world, now :(

Shuzer said:
Maybe the retailers got D3 and HL2 mixed up, they really mean HL2 is coming out August 3rd!!!!!!1111111 :O :O

..I'll stop living in my fantasy world, now :(
Its okay Shuzer... I would enjoy that world as well so you just keep living there... do you have any retal areas???

blahblahblah said:
Nearly 200 replies about a Doom 3 release date on a site dedicated to Hl2. :O

Funny you should mention that, since I just mentioned HL2!

no, but seriously, I think this proves that not EVERYONE here is the dedicated fan that hates all other games and nothing can be as good as HL2

Yeah... I just prefer HL2.net... its like Game central in this forum...

How can anyone like Doom3? It's only shooting in a black corridor with plastic graphics imho.

Keiko said:
How can anyone like Doom3? It's only shooting in a black corridor with plastic graphics imho.
Your forgetting the monstors.... Jeez...and the guns.

Keiko said:

Have you played any ID software game before? If you did, you would understand why people are so hyped about it. ID Software is one of the premier FPS developers. ID software knows there graphics and their fun gameplay. It is looking like Doom 3 will be a smash hit in both of those areas.

Back