dude, even Doom3 has DM remake but hl2 is left empty handed?

ViolenceJack said:
Do you not know planetside is a MMOG

Well i hope there are more with me that think its a joke that CS:S is the first Source remake to come with HL2 i would have picked TFC:S over that without a shadow of a doubt. Just the style of TFC would give a much better Source experiance than CS. i cant see CS having much apart from the better graphics and a few barrels thrown about the maps just to play with. Maybe if they put full bullet physics in an a whole revamp on the accuracy then it would come close.

TFC would be cool and if they had it where you have to pay for the other source remakes when there done id be well pissed that CS was free (with HL2) and TFC or DoD even bloody HL for the singleplayer wasnt. Although it wouldnt make sense to make CS:S free with HL2 as they would most likely get more sales from CS:S as standalone than any other.
As much as I would also like to see TFC:S before CS there is just one problem. They have to have a "first" one, and if it wasn't CS:S then we would have around 10 times as many people bashing Valve because their game wasn't the first one to be released, and personally I would much rather TFC fans pissed to the thousands of people with a reputation of being immature posting crap all over the place about how their game wasn't the first to be released.

The majority wins in this case, and unfortunately there isn't much that can be done but wait a little longer.

yes i've played jeepathon2k? whats your point?

Gotta love it when the "spoiler" that would put people's minds to rest is edited, lmfao....

Some people are just too anal.

Paintballer said:
Gotta love it when the "spoiler" that would put people's minds to rest is edited, lmfao....

Some people are just too anal.
Some people don't understand the rules.

rules schmules.
i'm just breaking the mould before we all grow old

BTW Synth, don't take my comments too personally... they are more directed to the site than you, unless you agree with the rules... even the pointless ones.

As for my "legitimate" reasons for thinking that the game will ship with HL2 themed MP:

-Valve said that they started CS:S in January of this year; I believe that they had said SOMETHING about MP last year.

-Valve aren't that stupid. Come on people.

As I said before, there is proof in the leak, that I cannot talk about...

Maybe they atleast wont you to be suprised of something, seeing as weve sen vis of hl2 and cs:s, personnaly i dont want them to release any info on hl2 mp till game released

Paintballer said:
-Valve said that they started CS:S in January of this year; I believe that they had said SOMETHING about MP last year.

-Valve aren't that stupid. Come on people.

As I said before, there is proof in the leak, that I cannot talk about...

Yeah that is why i think there is still mp to be revealed also cause I remeber gabe saying that he played it every day and If i remeber right he said that before cs source really started to show up at all.

maybe the next interview or visit to valve can ask wether or not there are anymore multiplayer secrets installed for HL2s release. They were very hush hush about it a while ago and i wouldnt have thought they would tell the whole deal before the game is release. Also when asked about multiplayer, im sure the only information they release was that they would have like basic DM and thats all they can say pretty much because its obvious that any multiplayer FPS is going to have DM.

masybe they are making something of the vehicles in MP, much like UT2004 which could take them awhile to sort out...Afterall they have to show off that the map sizes are 10x bigger.

Subz said:
rofl...this comming from a guy who told me integra beats corvette and 800xt > 6800u for Opengl..... Sure dude. whatever.

Vette's aren't the shit hello :rolleyes: I've faster integra's than Vette's and they do own them in autocross too, but you are just to blind to see it... :rolleyes:

Dude, ive seen modded civics beat F1 mcclarens. that does'nt mean shit.

ROFL. Nooooob

Fyo.....If you posted that in ANY car forum(even japanese), your ass would be totally handed to you .

since this is a gaming forum i will no longer discuss it.

What the hell? Over what distance, a quarter of an inch with a 3 second head-start?

Or 700000000 miles and the modification on the civic was an olympic sized swimming pool full of fuel?

Subz said:

ROFL. Nooooob

Wow, were you seeing this? Please show me, because in all honesty, a ****ing F1 McClaren isn't easy to touch, shows how much YOU know.

Subz said:
Fyo.....If you posted that in ANY car forum(even japanese), your ass would be totally handed to you .

since this is a gaming forum i will no longer discuss it.

Oh really....so they all talk about z06's being hot shit eh? I am sure they do! I do talk on car forum's, and I don't get my ass handed to me, its the other way around buddy. Your theory's suck dude, just GIVE IT UP.

Now you guys are discussing
F1 McCraren?

lol @ topic title

12 pages long wtf?

C3 Corvettes pwn.. I would buy one if I had the money and time to restore it

Neutrino said:
Interesting, but doesn't really mean anything.

I agree, it's just a guess on their part..even though it might discourage sales by implying that there is no mp..

Crusader said:
I sure hope it means nothing..

Heck, I'm one of the few who doesn't think there will be a MP (Look at sig) and there's no way that has any significance. They don't know anything more than we do.

Well I am sorry for bringing it to your attention, I just thought it was interesting.

Crusader said:
Well I am sorry for bringing it to your attention, I just thought it was interesting.

Don't be sorry. I didn't mean to sound like you shouldn't have linked it or anything. It is interesting. I was just attempting to calm your fears that it might be real.

sharp said:
Now you guys are discussing
F1 McCraren?

lol @ topic title

12 pages long wtf?

Almost everyone here has ADD so expect them to jump from McLarens to football.

Buys Half Life 2, standard MP component is CS:S. Waits for source port of original Half Life for classic DM action. In the meantime, plays HL2 single player beating it on:

Easy- Unlock Footage to HL3
Normal- Unlocks DOD:S
Hard- Unlocks TFC:S

...wishes....

*_-SpAcKeL-_* said:
Buys Half Life 2, standard MP component is CS:S. Waits for source port of original Half Life for classic DM action. In the meantime, plays HL2 single player beating it on:

...wishes....

You're going on "CS:S is the only MP for HL2"...

You suck :dozey:

*_-SpAcKeL-_* said:

...wishes....

There's plenty of people that will buy HL2 just for the multiplayer, just like they do now with the original HL, so forcing these people to play through the single player up to two times just to unlock mods that they want to play wouldn't be the best idea.

ElFuhrer said:
Plus, TFC sucks, so why make it the hardest to unlock?

To you it might suck, but thousands of people love it..

I just saw that BestBuy info, hopefully it doesn't mean anything though. However if you are really optimistic you could take it to mean that HL2 has multiplayer but it is not required to have an internet connection to play, you can play with bots instead!

However I would say that is a little bit too optimisitc.

The Mullinator said:
I just saw that BestBuy info, hopefully it doesn't mean anything though. However if you are really optimistic you could take it to mean that HL2 has multiplayer but it is not required to have an internet connection to play, you can play with bots instead!

However I would say that is a little bit too optimisitc.

Maybe they developed telepathy so there's no need for the internet to play?:)

Is that Half-life mod football game going to HL2, i cant remember what it was called, someone here must remember it... it was interesting... !

Neutrino said:
Maybe they developed telepathy so there's no need for the internet to play?:)

Or maybe they used their psychic valve powers to see that we were all going to kill ourselves after realizing how insane the community is after pondering over such inane tidbits of info like best buy's pre-release game description so ultimately, in the end, there would be no need for multiplayer.

Subz said:
ok ill be seriouse now. Doom3 does indeed have doom3 flavoered old-school 4 player tight deatmatch. hell they threw in a classic "THE EDGE".

does hl2 have hl2 themed deatmatch/ctf/etc. with any classics? NO.

we get a 5 year old mod :(

omg, HL2 will have its own themed MP included (the 'HL2' packadge most likely refers to it, since when did they announce HL1, as... HL1 and themed multiplayer), just cause they havnt said anything makes this not the case?, its customary to all popular FPS's, and your a fool if you think otherwise.

TBH I think you know it really, and your seemingly trying to keep stiring it up, for discussion?, again...

clarky003 said:
omg, HL2 will have its own themed MP included (the 'HL2' packadge most likely refers to it, since when did they announce HL1, as... HL1 and themed multiplayer), just cause they havnt said anything makes this not the case?, its customary to all popular FPS's, and your a fool if you think otherwise.

TBH I think you know it really, and your seemingly trying to keep stiring it up, for discussion?, again...

I'm one of the "fools". A lot of the reason people are saying this is because of what Cliffe said in an interview if you didn't know. Plus, as I've said numerous times I really don't see them keeping it a secret if they did have it, as I see no way to gain from that.

But there's really not proof either way. We'll just have to see.

Neutrino said:
But there's really not proof either way. We'll just have to see.

common sense seems more than enough proof too me.

valve has better buisiness sense than to make a 5 year old mod their exclusive HL2 multiplayer. especially when it's nothing more than a graphically enhanced conversion. after 6 years of production there's no doubt they can come up with something a little more innovative than some rehash that half the community doesn't even like.

Back