Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

The entire map becomes territories? Jesus Christ. That would be stupdily hard. And boring.

Uh... Catalina's one scaaarry chick...

Jintor said:
Uh... Catalina's one scaaarry chick...
lol yeah shes nuts.

btw just got to las venturas last night, i thought i was going to have to complete the last rc mission to open the city but i didnt thank god, i cant stand those rc missions.

las venturas is awesome, at night it looks great, reminds me of vc, very colourful and vibrant, they saved the best till last anyway, san fierro was pretty drab and boring imo.

OK. Mike Toreano is the best character in GTA ever.

jimbo118 said:
btw just got to las venturas last night, i thought i was going to have to complete the last rc mission to open the city but i didnt thank god, i cant stand those rc missions.

If you mean the Zero mission where you have to fly the little Goblin against Berkley, don't worry. You'll have to do it eventually :p

Murray_H said:
If you mean the Zero mission where you have to fly the little Goblin against Berkley, don't worry. You'll have to do it eventually :p
yeah that one, i'll do it when the main storyline is over.

Murray_H said:
You'll have to do it to continue the story :p
really? why just to finish the 'zero' story.

i havent so far and i'm in las venturas.

You can find an army tank in the military base west of Las Venturas. Just drive in with a car, get in the tank, go north to the airfield and stash the tank in the hangar, and save your game in the shack across the runway.

He means the SWAT tank. That isn't available anywhere in game as far as I am aware. I haven't played the last mission, only seen my friend do it, so I can't really comment.

diluted said:
You can find an army tank in the military base west of Las Venturas. Just drive in with a car, get in the tank, go north to the airfield and stash the tank in the hangar, and save your game in the shack across the runway.

Do you mean the "no fly zone" or the nuclear plant?

I noticed the tank is operable under water ! Too bad it doesn't come equipped with an oxygen supply ;)

Oh crap. What did he get banned for!?

Oh, wait, I think I can guess :p

Theres a nuclear reactor in the game? Sweeet.

I want to get over to Las Venturas, damnit. San Fierro is boring.

Las Venturas is the prettiest town, and arguably the most fun to explore. But I love the layout of San Fierro. It was the most similar to the real place. I was dissapointed at the lack of an "Alcatraz". Would have madea great mission to break someone out...

Gang Warfare is useful, however, for training up weapon skills. Hitman Level on the SMG (the MP5, whatever), the AK-47, the Silenced Pistol and the Sawn-Off shotgun. The damned Prima guide is wrong about certain weapon locations, the bastards... stupid C.R.A.S.H taking my weapons. What does C.R.A.S.H stand for anyways?

TheBleeding said:
Theres a nuclear reactor in the game? Sweeet.

I want to get over to Las Venturas, damnit. San Fierro is boring.

Yeah, I don't like San Fierro.

bolx, it seems i've become another victim of the save bug. ie your saves are deleted.

for some reason the sa dvd stopped working the other day, the game just wouldnt load from the dvd(i have no emulation software or anything) so i decided just to get a no dvd crack, that worked but now all my settings are defaulted and my saves are erased, does anyone know where the save games are stored?

it sucks as i had got to las vegas, i've been playing this game for about 4 weeks now and i haveto start all over again?:x

Settings and game saves are stored in My Documents/GTA San Andreas User Files. GTASAsf#.b files are the saves and gta_sa.set is the settings. I recommend making a copy of the settings file, I've experienced problems with my game unable to load it (the game just doesn't load up at all), as soon as I delete the gta_sa.set file, the game will load again but all settings are erased.

diluted said:
Settings and game saves are stored in My Documents/GTA San Andreas User Files. GTASAsf#.b files are the saves and gta_sa.set is the settings. I recommend making a copy of the settings file, I've experienced problems with my game unable to load it (the game just doesn't load up at all), as soon as I delete the gta_sa.set file, the game will load again but all settings are erased.
hmm i have the GTASAsf#.b file but when i load the game my saves aren't there.

the game wouldnt load for me either so i presumed it was a dvd drive/dvd conflict, it just wouldnt load so i just got a crack, the crack wouldnt delete the saves would it?

Grey Fox said:
nope it wouldn't
hmm well where did they go? im really confused, they just vanished, are you sure the savefiles are GTASAsf#.b file ? as i started a new game and saved, i then deleted this file to check if my saves were gone and they werent, my save was still there when i loaded up, is that the real savefile?

Wa? dude if you crack the game nothing happens to the saves, I crack all my games, you know how much easier that makes life.

Grey Fox said:
Wa? dude if you crack the game nothing happens to the saves, I crack all my games, you know how much easier that makes life.
yeah i know buy my saves have just vanished, when i go to my save games nothings there, im seriously confused, even though my savefile is still in my gta user folder. wtf happened to them?

Samon said:
Yeah, I don't like San Fierro.

Mm, I like the country around it i.e. Whetstone, Back O' Beyond, Fallen Tree, etc. But the city just bores me. I think I explored all the city in about two plays. I still haven't even seen everything in Los Santos yet.

jimbo118 said:
yeah i know buy my saves have just vanished, when i go to my save games nothings there, im seriously confused, even though my savefile is still in my gta user folder. wtf happened to them?
Oooh. sry, I didn't understand, holy shit, you better search and post on the gta forums, someone might know, otherwise one of us can send you his save or something, maybe you can try if they work, so to know if it is your game or the saves.

Can anyone help? I'm on the driving school, need to do a barrell roll in the air by holding up or down... it doesn't work though, I can't get enough air to complete a roll.

Anyone got any tips on how to get passed this?

Grey Fox said:
Oooh. sry, I didn't understand, holy shit, you better search and post on the gta forums, someone might know, otherwise one of us can send you his save or something, maybe you can try if they work, so to know if it is your game or the saves.
i reinstalled the game and ran it but it wouldnt start like before, so instead of using a no dvd crack i deleted the gta.sa SET file like diluted said and the game started, so there must be a bug with the settings file, once the game loaded i checked my saves and my old one was there YES!!!!!!!!!! now i dont have to start again, woot!!!!!

edit: turns it was the crack that deleted my saves.

when i used the crack again just now my saves were gone and my settings defaulted. i made a backup though of the original exe. and when i ran that my saves were back, so the crack deleted my saves.

Devvo said:
Can anyone help? I'm on the driving school, need to do a barrell roll in the air by holding up or down... it doesn't work though, I can't get enough air to complete a roll.

Watch the video carefully, you have to have the car along way off the platform at the side to get it to spin. have the wheels only on the ramp.

jimbo118 said:
i reinstalled the game and ran it but it wouldnt start like before, so instead of using a no dvd crack i deleted the gta.sa SET file like diluted said and the game started, so there must be a bug with the settings file, once the game loaded i checked my saves and my old one was there YES!!!!!!!!!! now i dont have to start again, woot!!!!!

edit: turns it was the crack that deleted my saves.

when i used the crack again just now my saves were gone and my settings defaulted. i made a backup though of the original exe. and when i ran that my saves were back, so the crack deleted my saves.
wieird, I hadt eh game cracked before i saved any, thne playee, uninstalled teh game, and reinstalled it, cracked it again and it worked. Sry then for the misinformation, I never had experienced anything like this.

Devvo said:

It's hard, you have to hit the ramp at just the right spot. Took me about 30-something tries and when I finally got it I got 100%.

Grey Fox said:
wieird, I hadt eh game cracked before i saved any, thne playee, uninstalled teh game, and reinstalled it, cracked it again and it worked. Sry then for the misinformation, I never had experienced anything like this.
i think it was jut a sh*tty crack, i got another one (to save having to swap discs all the time) and it worked fine with my old saves, guess the one i had before was just a buggy crack, works fine now.

How can you get into locked cars? I need a patriot for import/export but the one in the oil refinery (so no 5 stars) is locked :(

Back