Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Yeah.. forgot the targeting :(

Is it just me or does the game get easier as you go through? The mission where you rescue Sweet from the SWAT teams at the beginning of the game was really hard, and I have just done the penultimate mission which was super-simple.

Nah, I think it's fairly constant, with a handful of absolute bitch-ass-hard missions thrown in at random...

Either way I am very sad I am about to finish it. I'm on 60% I think. Still got loads of racing and sub-missions to do though :) I am really enjoying the Quarry strand. Big machinery makes me very happy indeed.

Reginald said:
Either way I am very sad I am about to finish it.
Ditto. I'm on the Grove 4 Life mission, and I already got like 80% completion, so there's not much left for me to do. :( I don't know if I'm going to bother with spraypainting all the gang graffiti and stuff. Anyway, at least there's a multiplayer mod in the works. :D They already got online play working, I guess they're ironing out all the bugs now. Take a look at the screenshots

http://www.sa-mp.com/

diluted said:
Ditto. I'm on the Grove 4 Life mission, and I already got like 80% completion, so there's not much left for me to do. :( I don't know if I'm going to bother with spraypainting all the gang graffiti and stuff. Anyway, at least there's a multiplayer mod in the works. :D They already got online play working, I guess they're ironing out all the bugs now. Take a look at the screenshots

http://www.sa-mp.com/

It would be great if they teamed up with MTA. I don't see the point in having two of the same mod.

What do you get at 100% on SA? I heard it was nothing. Which sucks.

I think you get a tank and and a hydra outside CJ's house on grove street. BTW does anyone know where you can actually get a tank in the game? I haven't seen one. ;(

diluted said:
I think you get a tank and and a hydra outside CJ's house on grove street. BTW does anyone know where you can actually get a tank in the game? I haven't seen one. ;(

They are in Area 69. Very easy to get. Just drive in, drive out , stick it in your garage at the airport, then save to get rid of the wanted stars. I use it for taking over territories. :p

Ive got 100% complete, but the hyrda didnt show up at my house, and the one in your airfeild hanger has vanished :/ Dont play it anymore anyways, not much to do once you have finshed the missions + tags etc.

I wish. Do you guys recon a LeadTek Winfast Geforce FX5700 is good enough to run it?

pomegranate said:
Reginald, just drive down the street a little ways and you should find the green guys aren't shooting...

Grey Fox you get the file yet? Any help?

Yeah definatly:) thnx.

Burn:
Ive got 100% complete, but the hyrda didnt show up at my house, and the one in your airfeild hanger has vanished :/ Dont play it anymore anyways, not much to do once you have finshed the missions + tags etc.

Jintor said:
I wish. Do you guys recon a LeadTek Winfast Geforce FX5700 is good enough to run it?

To run MTA? Uh.. if your graphics card runs the normal game (single player) without problems, it'll be fine for MTA. Graphics power doesn't really make any diff to multiplayer, above a certain level. Your connection speed and the server speed will be far more significant for performance.

Gotta wonder what they will do about the map size though, I mean it's way too big for multiplayer. You could drive around for 5 minutes and not see anyone.

You can choose where to spawn. I think you will be able to see where other players are on the map. I've seen MTA:VC games with about 20 people playing. Who knows what the limit would be?
One thing would be cool, can you imagine hunting after another player through the Back O' Beyond?, with only a vague indication of where he is? That'd be cool... Trying to steal the advantage on your enemy, with each trying to get behind cover and snipe from a mile away... yeah.

What I'd really like to achieve with any version of MTA would be a persistant game-state, with different clans maintaining ownership of different hoods/areas of the countryside.. kind of like Planetside. But obviously you'd have to get a load of people online constantly, and in different time zones...

pomegranate said:
What I'd really like to achieve with any version of MTA would be a persistant game-state, with different clans maintaining ownership of different hoods/areas of the countryside.. kind of like Planetside. But obviously you'd have to get a load of people online constantly, and in different time zones...

I'd love that. I emailed... someone about it once. MMO GTA would be amazing. I could really see it happening on the next-gen consoles especially with their online capabilities and all.

help needed:

i'm on the amphibious assault mission for woozie but im having trouble swimming underwater, im at the second 'swim under water part', i dive under but when i try to swim forward cj does the swimming motion but doesnt move forward, its like hes stuck on the rocks, what exactly are the controls underwater?

You have to dive deep enough. He gets stuck on the rocks if you're too close to the surface

Atomi said:
You have to dive deep enough. He gets stuck on the rocks if you're too close to the surface
how do get deeper though? just swim down? he never seems to go down far enough, he just goes down a bit, then he pops back up.

jimbo118 said:
how do get deeper though? just swim down? he never seems to go down far enough, he just goes down a bit, then he pops back up.
You have to keep pressing the dive button, the same as running fast.

and rememebr you can resurface as much as you want, as long as you keep still, exept in the spotlights, then you're screwed.

I'm about to do that swimming mission. Well, once I get my swim meter up abit more.

I think I'm on the penultimate 'mission' now,
trying to secure as many gang territories as possible.
It's really boring :(

TheBleeding said:
I'm about to do that swimming mission. Well, once I get my swim meter up abit more.

Remember to dive underwater and stay underwater just until your breath meter runs out. Doing this will increase your lung capacity and improve your swim meter faster. :)

Murray_H said:
I think I'm on the penultimate 'mission' now,
trying to secure as many gang territories as possible.
It's really boring :(

It is. I haven't played in a few days, because it bores the hell out of me.

well I and pomegranate have a save just before the last missions but with 20 territories captured, so if you want em give me or him your mail orlink to a site where we can upload it.

But that file won't have all my other unlocked stuff etc. If it's only 20, that's not too bad.

Reginald said:
It doesn't take long. It's all about getting a good position to shoot from in the territory. Stand in the middle of a road with 2 "entrances" at either end, when the bad guys turn the corner you can kill them all before they even get close enough to shoot you. Use the assault rifle.

Reginald said:

I've just completed the game about half an hour ago. That last mission is long, thank christ I got through it on the first go!

The territory takeover thing isn't that hard, it's just the same shit but in a different place

Yaaaawwwwwwnnnnnn!

I use the tank that I stole. It makes life really simple. It just does get so repetetive. That is why I dislike puzzle games and Halo. I get bored quickly.

Yay, it works it works it works!

My friend (everyone at school plays San Andreas, apparently, or wants to borrow mine and crack it ^_^) that if you continueously fly out to see or something the entire map becomes territories or something. Yeah, it'll be repetetive as hell... but... no wait, can't see an upside.

Jintor said:
Yay, it works it works it works!

My friend (everyone at school plays San Andreas, apparently, or wants to borrow mine and crack it ^_^) that if you continueously fly out to see or something the entire map becomes territories or something. Yeah, it'll be repetetive as hell... but... no wait, can't see an upside.
What?

Back