Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

Grey Fox said:
you have to keep num8 down for a couple of seconds to make thge nozzles point begind the plane instead of down, so they push you forward and you fly like a plaine, and keep num2 is you want to fly like a heli, and for the rest i siggest going to flightschool, cause nce you get the planes they are really fun to control.
Thanks man!

pomegranate said:
Hmm better get a move on and get your pilots license then!

When/where about is the flying school? Is it the aircraft graveyard on the third island?

TheBleeding said:
When/where about is the flying school? Is it the aircraft graveyard on the third island?
It's in the little house that's at the end of the runway. Next to the bit where you collect money from.

StardogChampion said:
It's in the little house that's at the end of the runway. Next to the bit where you collect money from.

I'm not actually there, I just looked at the map and thought that could very well be the place to get them from. Besides, I've still got to do the second island yet. I'm on the jizzy mission, where you have to destroy the preists car and protection. Bastard trees/reversing made me fail.

I'm personally finding flying horrible, things are fine vertically, but when you try and bank or turn or manouver at all sideways, it all goes completely wrong.

Don't bank! That does screw things up. Just using the rudder (Q and E buttons) should keep you flat and in control.

pomegranate said:
Don't bank! That does screw things up. Just using the rudder (Q and E buttons) should keep you flat and in control.

How do you propose you do tight cornering?

Ah yeah I guess you do need to do that to get through the flying school... sorry.

If the defualt plane wasn't so godawful, we may have had a hope in hell. It took me atleast 20 times to do each of the flying school challenges that involved turning.

Flying was so easy. :] A couple missions got me but I soon smote them and got gold in every one. I then flew the Hunter chopper around for and hour doing this missions and earned like 400 million dollars. Bling, y0.

Cormeh said:
I'm personally finding flying horrible, things are fine vertically, but when you try and bank or turn or manouver at all sideways, it all goes completely wrong.
ok, this is going to sound stupid if you know it allredy, but do you use the directional keys, cause if you use the mouse thats going to happend.

Grey Fox said:
ok, this is going to sound stupid if you know it allredy, but do you use the directional keys, cause if you use the mouse thats going to happend.
Aye, I'm using the keyboard only. ;)

I have a problem with GTA every time i try and save the game it reboots my machine, i have updated all my drivers and still it dose the same thing. Anyone have this problem?

It comes up with ***STOP: 0x00000019 [0x00000019, 0x824E4538, 0x824E4678, 0x0A280001]

Hairylee said:

Never seen this problem personally, but I would try a reinstall if you are having major problems not finding an answer.

Need help, please:

Can I get the pimp mobile somewhere again? The one Jizzy gave me broke... and I haven't finished the pimping missions yet.

Recoil said:
Need help, please:

Can I get the pimp mobile somewhere again? The one Jizzy gave me broke... and I haven't finished the pimping missions yet.

All you need is a Broadway car. They're quite popular in and around San Fierro.

I need help with a Flight School test. :( I have 100% on all of them except ONE, the "Destroy Targets" test, which is the one where you have to blow up 5 trucks then land on the runway with the helicopter. I've played it like 50 ****ing times and I CAN'T GET OVER 95%! I always get 90% on my "position score" so my overall score is 95%. What am I doing wrong?! I pretty much land in the exact center of the target and I bring it down really softly so I don't make a rough landing. Yet every time it's 95%. Do you have to get under 60 seconds or something? A walkthrough I was reading said you need under 80 for 100%, but that's for the PS2 version. I'm assuming it's the same in the PC version though. Help me ;(

diluted said:
I need help with a Flight School test. :( I have 100% on all of them except ONE, the "Destroy Targets" test, which is the one where you have to blow up 5 trucks then land on the runway with the helicopter. I've played it like 50 ****ing times and I CAN'T GET OVER 95%! I always get 90% on my "position score" so my overall score is 95%. What am I doing wrong?! I pretty much land in the exact center of the target and I bring it down really softly so I don't make a rough landing. Yet every time it's 95%. Do you have to get under 60 seconds or something? A walkthrough I was reading said you need under 80 for 100%, but that's for the PS2 version. I'm assuming it's the same in the PC version though. Help me ;(

I got 100% for that earlier. I was very surprised because my landing was slightly wonky. I think I did it in 56 seconds so maybe it is under 60... Not sure.

Nevermind, I beat it, though I don't know how. Did what I usually did, except I had a really rough landing and I got 100%. Go figure.

I just killed Pulaski. The cutscenes in this game seem to miss bits and pieces every now and then, and some of them are almost completely pointless, except for the last second or two.

I finished it!

Well, that is to say I've finished the story missions. My overall completion is only 56%!

I'm going to stick in a Geforce 6600 and then see whether SA will work or not.

pomegranate said:
I finished it!

Well, that is to say I've finished the story missions. My overall completion is only 56%!

do you have a save that is just before you do the last mission but you have allredy conquered 20 territories, in case you have do you mind giving it to me.

Yeah no prob. You want it emailed or what? I dunno if it's 20 territories, but I am able to start the last mission.

I cant do the last car driving test part :( i hate it. i cant get round without hitting cones because the camera doesnt move fast enough, so i used the headlight view and even that didnt help much... as i cant see the sides of the car. it is teh lose.

pomegranate said:
Yeah no prob. You want it emailed or what? I dunno if it's 20 territories, but I am able to start the last mission.
ok check your pm.
edit: or not, this damn new vbulletin doesn't work in IE or FF for me sometimes for no reason at all, anyway I made a new temporary email adress, it's [email protected]

diluted said:
It's boring though. :p

True... I never bothered with the gangs. Only time I did it was for that mission.

old age rocker, you really need to be moving the camera round with the mouse to do the lap test

Well I got to the part in SA that I really hate, flying those damn RC planes. F***ing impossible with keyboard.

chu said:
Well I got to the part in SA that I really hate, flying those damn RC planes. F***ing impossible with keyboard.

are you sure, did you just use the keybord(wasd+directional) or did you use the keybord+mouse, cause I didn't have problems with flying since I used wasd+directional method. oh yeah and when I was at the rc missions I didn't know that, and yet by pure luck I somehow menaged to do them in like 4 tries.

The environment will be six times larger than San Andreas, with 350 different cars to drive, and would see players having to administrate fuel levels in their vehicles.
Hmm, seems a bit far fetched to me. Plus, I wouldn't want it six times bigger than SA

And petrol levels? It's hard enough keeping a vehicle clean and under control. If my car runs out of petrol I will just steal another...

EDIT: How do I recruit gang members during the riot? All they seem to do is shoot me... :(

Reginald, just drive down the street a little ways and you should find the green guys aren't shooting...

Grey Fox you get the file yet? Any help?

pomegranate said:
Reginald, just drive down the street a little ways and you should find the green guys aren't shooting...

I did drive pretty much everywhere. Down to Idlewood, up to near Vinewood. I am pressing the correct key aren't I? G being the default?

G or H, I get muddled.
Oh, are you targetting them? I think you have to do that before it'll work. Click right mouse button, point at a guy so that the health triangle appears above his head, press G (or H?).

Back