Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

craig

Reaction score
Am I right in assuming that this came out for XBOX and PC today in the States? Seems like a bit of a muted release if it did cos I haven't seen a single review or heard of anyone who's bought it lol.

It's out here in the UK on the 10th and I thought my preorder might have started to get processed now, but obviously not...

Hmmmm, I just went onto a website I thought I had read a review about it on... but it wasn't there. :|

I can't wait to get it mate, whittle away a few hours this weekend :D

You getting it for PC or XBOX?

I've got it on order for the PC. For one It'll look better and it's also £5 cheaper than the xbox version

Wal mart is selling early.
I got my copy but i cant skip work. :(

Yes. Tomorrow is the day. Can't wait to get my copy for the Xbox tomorrow.

Meh, I'm not buying it until after I get BF2.

It comes out on the 7th (tomorrow)
For any Canadians who plan on buying it, Future Shop has it on sale tomorrow only for $39.99; that's $20 off, not too shabby

IonizeMyAtoms said:
For any Canadians who plan on buying it, Future Shop has it on sale tomorrow only for $39.99; that's $20 off, not too shabby

Ooooo. I like, I like. :)

IonizeMyAtoms said:

so does best buy ...better get it early

According to a timer on a site it will be released in 1 hour..i dont care though i already own it on PS2...

;( i dont get it til the 10th, if im lucly... or 12th or something if i'm not.

Hows the Australian release?

Wonder if my shitty EB will have it tomarow. They seem to never get the games on the scheduled release days. They always get it the next day.

Gah, I'm in Dublin the 10th to the 14th... Won't get mine until late next week. ;(

Cormeh said:
Gah, I'm in Dublin the 10th to the 14th... Won't get mine until late next week. ;(
get it in dublin on firday. :)

Oh I wanna go on a big splurge - I need to get GTA: SA, I wanna get the new White Stripes album, Splinter Cell:CT AND Darwinia! I CAN'T JUSTIFY IT ALL!

Just as in the PS2 version, the number of cars and peds that are allowed onscreen at the same time are controlled by the time of day in popcycle.dat, a file in the data folder. However, at peak traffic times, the maximum number of cars possible onscreen has been bumped from 10 for the PS2 to 18 for the PC, and this number can be modified!
Frame limiter apparently defaults to 25 frames per second, but you can turn it off and the framerate will stay between 35-50 (on a good PC) and textures actually load correctly when disabling it unlike GTA III and Vice City.
I recieved word that the file timecyc.dat controls maximum and fog draw distance, and is modifiable.
GTA3.IMG, the file that stores all of the textures and models in the game, is three times larger than Vice City's, coming in at 940MB.
More surprising is that this huge game has a 15MB filesize for the root file that starts the game.
You can modify many files in the data folder in easier ways than seen in Vice City.

http://www.planetgrandtheftauto.com/

I will buy it !

craig said:
Am I right in assuming that this came out for XBOX and PC today in the States? Seems like a bit of a muted release if it did cos I haven't seen a single review or heard of anyone who's bought it lol.

It's out here in the UK on the 10th and I thought my preorder might have started to get processed now, but obviously not...

www.game.net is stating that its out in 2 days time, but I'm going to have to wait until I get some money

el Chi said:
Oh I wanna go on a big splurge - I need to get GTA: SA, I wanna get the new White Stripes album, Splinter Cell:CT AND Darwinia! I CAN'T JUSTIFY IT ALL!

I just spent $1100 of small renovations on my house ...this week I'll be spending another $2450 on a new fence, I need a new tv and I've got the usual bills to pay plus I want bf2 and I just got Boiling Point (great game) ...so I'm a little low on cash ...but damn does GTA:SA ever sound good.

Well play.com shipped out my copy today, so even though it's out here on Friday I should get it on Thursday :) I just really hope it doesn't use StarForce cos' I've heard some bad things about that programme.

Indeed it does use star force, version 4 apparently.

Xune said:
Indeed it does use star force, version 4 apparently.

Some people are saying Securom 3, which is a less invasive form of disk protection... so who to believe is anyones guess.

Well the games has been on sale since yesterday, so confirmation is imminent, but I have it on very good authority that it's starforced.

I'll browse around some gta forums for a little while, see what turns up.

Xune said:
Well the games has been on sale since yesterday, so confirmation is imminent, but I have it on very good authority that it's starforced.

I'll browse around some gta forums for a little while, see what turns up.

Well considering i've actually purcashed the ****er, if I have to alter my puter (i.e. un-install stuff) in any way I'll be seriously ****ed off... copy protection, etc is all well and good until it starts to interfere with someone who makes a genuine purchase.

Attachments

• order.gif
    order.gif
    32.1 KB · Views: 284
I know what you mean. For the same reason I haven't bought the new splinter cell. Any American's got their copy yet care to confirm starforce is used?

bvTHe game uses Securom 7 and I know this because im looking at the NFO of the clone that just got leaked. If I wanted to I could download the game, but I have my reasons why I won't.

just ran out at lunch and picked it up at best buy for $39 ...goes up to $59 tommorrow

Another hour or so till I'm done work and I'll be doing the same thing.
Whoo, I'm excited

Back