Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

chu said:
There's a pill for that...

ROFL

I managed to get a refund on the crap book I bought so now have enough money to buy this on Saturday. And also enough to buy a less crap book. This weekend will be good :)

Only complaint so far:
The camera while driving. Unless I set it to steer with mouse, the camera turns a lot later than the vehicle I'm driving so I can't see where I'm going. If I'm heading straight and turn left, the camera stays looking straight. So I just set it to steer with mouse and try not to move it.

God the worst review ever, they copy/paste most of the ps2 review, cheap bastards.

IonizeMyAtoms said:
Only complaint so far:
The camera while driving. Unless I set it to steer with mouse, the camera turns a lot later than the vehicle I'm driving so I can't see where I'm going. If I'm heading straight and turn left, the camera stays looking straight. So I just set it to steer with mouse and try not to move it.
I found that to be a problem too, especially since I like using the right mouse button as the handbrake.

man the reviews make it sound really buggy, think i might wait for the patch.

video reviews are up too.

Yeah, I'm officially waiting till after I get my hands on BF2 to grab this.
I'm sure by then a patch'll be out.

devs have no sense of loyilty.....GTA started on the PC it should have stayed that way

Lemonking said:
devs have no sense of loyilty.....GTA started on the PC it should have stayed that way

It may have started out on the pc - but it was always a console game at heart.

*remembers playing the original with friends, output onto a big tv and controlled with a joypad*

Much better :)

Warbie said:
It may have started out on the pc - but it was always a console game at heart.

*remembers playing the original with friends, output onto a big tv and controlled with a joypad*

Much better :)

Word. Why wouldn't anyone want GTA to go onto console and make them more money? It gives everyone a chance to enjoy the game that way.

Lemonking said:
Yeah, that's what happens when sony wave money in your face.

I could take a 15 minute bus ride and bitchslap all the devs.

I haven't encountered any bugs yet. I've only played a couple of missions, but I did some exploring. When you reach a certain speed you get a cool fade effect around your vehicle, I'm not sure if that was in the PS2 version, but it's neat. I caused like a ten car pile-up on an on-ramp on the highway.

IonizeMyAtoms said:
I haven't encountered any bugs yet. I've only played a couple of missions, but I did some exploring. When you reach a certain speed you get a cool fade effect around your vehicle, I'm not sure if that was in the PS2 version, but it's neat. I caused like a ten car pile-up on an on-ramp on the highway.

Yes, it is.

I haven't encountered any serious bugs yet and I haven't encountered any noticeable performance issues. The camera view while driving though is making me go insane. I hate having to use the mouse to get the camera where I want it after a turn. If I change the camera view (V key) every time I enter a car it helps, but still isn't like the old GTA games.

I'm at the Los Santos mission pretty early in the game where you have to pick up a lowrider and compete in some car bouncing contest. I couldn't manage to get one bounce on time, whatever that means, and I was really getting pissed last night. Other than that though, I can't believe how big this game is. It looks decent for a GTA game. I'm running 1280x1024x32 with the High quality setting.

http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?pager.offset=0&cId=3136054

one of the better GTA:SA reviews out there ..well written even though it's based on the ps2 version ..but it's more on gameplay than anything ...

btw did you guys know you are required to commit acts of terrorism? like blowing up the hoover dam and killing american soldiers? hmmm I wonder how long it'll be before the right-wing slobbering censorists will start screaming bloody muder about that little feature ...Jack Thomspon has his work cut out for him (may he be horribly disfigured in a gta inspired drive by ...jk of course)

Oh no, someone let Stern out of the politics forum again. The air in our world isn't good for his condition!

Just kidding.

Anyone feel like linking me to all the PC reviews so far, apart from gamespot?

well I did buy the game ...so it's not that big a deal ...just havent installed it yet ..me and my dvd player arent getting along

/me shakes fist at dvd player

CptStern said:
what's your specs?

AMD 2800
Radeon 9700 (128 mb)
1 gig of RAM
SB Audigy Card

The only options in GTA that I changed were the resolution to 1280x1024x32 and I turned the frame limiter off. I left everything else the same and haven't noticed any glaring problems. A few annoying things like the camera view while driving, but that's about my only gripe and not spec related.

Unfortunately I'll probably need to consider some upgrades in the coming months. Luckily there isn't really any game on the horizon I'm all that excited about. As long as I can get through AOE3 with what I have I'll be happy.

My roomate on the other hand has the following specs and when he maxed out the game it was horrible.
AMD 64 3200
Nvidia 6800
1 gig of ram
Audigy

He cranked the draw distance, quality, resolution, aa and everything else and the game was acting very crazy. The sound was all screwed up, the game would come to a complete stop while loading and even during cutscenes. He dropped the aa and things started to improve although it's still far from perfect. In my opinion he should decrease the draw distance too, but it's like talking to a wall.

Fishlore said:
I haven't encountered any serious bugs yet and I haven't encountered any noticeable performance issues. The camera view while driving though is making me go insane. I hate having to use the mouse to get the camera where I want it after a turn. If I change the camera view (V key) every time I enter a car it helps, but still isn't like the old GTA games.

I'm at the Los Santos mission pretty early in the game where you have to pick up a lowrider and compete in some car bouncing contest. I couldn't manage to get one bounce on time, whatever that means, and I was really getting pissed last night. Other than that though, I can't believe how big this game is. It looks decent for a GTA game. I'm running 1280x1024x32 with the High quality setting.

you havent seen nothing yet if you think the game is big in Los Santos :)

Fishlore said:
AMD 2800
Radeon 9700 (128 mb)
1 gig of RAM
SB Audigy Card

The only options in GTA that I changed were the resolution to 1280x1024x32 and I turned the frame limiter off. I left everything else the same and haven't noticed any glaring problems. A few annoying things like the camera view while driving, but that's about my only gripe and not spec related.

Unfortunately I'll probably need to consider some upgrades in the coming months. Luckily there isn't really any game on the horizon I'm all that excited about. As long as I can get through AOE3 with what I have I'll be happy.

My roomate on the other hand has the following specs and when he maxed out the game it was horrible.
AMD 64 3200
Nvidia 6800
1 gig of ram
Audigy

He cranked the draw distance, quality, resolution, aa and everything else and the game was acting very crazy. The sound was all screwed up, the game would come to a complete stop while loading and even during cutscenes. He dropped the aa and things started to improve although it's still far from perfect. In my opinion he should decrease the draw distance too, but it's like talking to a wall.

awesome, thanks :thumbs: ....it'll run fine on my 9800 pro

Yeah the game runs beautifully on my system, maxed out: AMD 3000+, gig of ram, Radeon x800xl
Fishlore: enable steering with mouse and the camera acts fine, it just sucks if you accidently hit your mouse while driving

Fishlore said:
AMD 64 3200
Nvidia 6800
1 gig of ram
Audigy

I have a friend like that. He has to play everything on the highest settings, even if he gets 10 fps. Damn monkey.

wayne white said:
is it only on dvd???!!!!

Minimum Hardware
Recommended Hardware
1Ghz Pentium III or AMD Athlon Processor
256MB of RAM
8-Speed DVD-ROM drive
3.6GB of free hard disk space (minimal install)
64MB Video Card (Geforce 3 or better)
DirectX 9 compatible Sound Card
Keyboard & Mouse

Yep, seems so. You better make the transition of getting a DVD drive, since most games will be out on DVD only in the near-future. In fact, most games are released DVD only these days.

IonizeMyAtoms said:
Fishlore: enable steering with mouse and the camera acts fine, it just sucks if you accidently hit your mouse while driving

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to try that tonight. I'd be happy if my one and only gripe can be fixed that simply.

I'm going to try changing my frame limiter option too, I've seen that others have prefered to keep it active.

@ Stardog, LOL, that is exactly like my friend. "My computer is only 6 months old, I should be able to play everything completely maxed no matter what."

But it's like watching a slideshow.

"Yeah but it looks nice."

I give up.

Eh? I hoped to play fine on 1024x768 on medium on my PIV 2,8Ghz, 768MB RAM and R9550@~9600pro :|

Guys, Mine @ 1024 res and everything to the max high quality.....etc

and I m getting awsome frame rate so smooth.... :D

One problem is that after I chose which rendering mod for my SLI the intro does not show up just the intro sound ;:)

edit, no sound during video cut scens.

I HAve fixed the problem of the intro by selecting AUTO SELECT RENDERING MOD but only half the page appear WTF

GTA-SA does not support SLI in some part ;(

we need a patch

Im sure if u disabled sli it would still run just as well with the same settings with just one 6800

Hmm, yeah, I can't tell realy.

But The game is full of bugs..... I have the latest Audigy driver, using headphone but still can't get the sound in the cut Scene to work + the sound for all the Music stations :(

probably cuz you have a pirated copy :E

hey man you can totally afford every game that comes out why do you resort to piracy? just curious

CptStern said:
probably cuz you have a pirated copy :E

hey man you can totally afford every game that comes out why do you resort to piracy? just curious

true, I 'm trying not to spend all my money on games. I got other things to consider.... :cheese:

yeah I can't get the radio station in any car + motoBike to work. ;(

help needed

Gorgon said:
true, I 'm trying not to spend all my money on games. I got other things to consider.... :cheese:

yeah I can't get the radio station in any car + motoBike to work. ;(

help needed

Perhaps you're missing the files?

If I was going to somehow make a pirated copy (not that I ever will, but if I did) one of the first things I would get rid of to conserve space would be the radio tunes.

A True Canadian said:
Perhaps you're missing the files?

If I was going to somehow make a pirated copy (not that I ever will, but if I did) one of the first things I would get rid of to conserve space would be the radio tunes.

nah, its a full game, I got all the audio data, there are 100s of gamers are having the same problem.

I m gone order new Heaphone yeah I'll do that 2moro :)

Gorgon said:
Hmm, yeah, I can't tell realy.

But The game is full of bugs..... I have the latest Audigy driver, using headphone but still can't get the sound in the cut Scene to work + the sound for all the Music stations :(
Sound problems are mentioned in the reviews, I think the IGN one or Gamespy First Impressions.

Back