Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

I have an Audigy and haven't had one single issue with sound either in cutscenes or anywhere else. I couldn't tell you the last time I updated my drivers or if I ever have. I don't think it's solely and Audigy problem. Maybe an Audigy interaction with something else. My roomate has an audigy and an nvidia and he's had a few audio issues until he lowered his settings.

For me it seems that after everytime I save my game at the hoose, the sound for the bicycle plays really loud and after I run or drive a distance away it goes away. Fuxxed.

Yeah I got some sound problems too. I don't think I hear every sound when driving (like crashing sounds and such) because the game seems rather quiet. Just a moment ago the game just skipped a dialog scene with Sweet. I didn't press anything. The menus where you move by pressing the dialog buttons also give a scratchy sound when changing selection.

Does anyone know how the hell the car bouncing works? I have no idea what buttones correspond with the arrows

if you have missing sounds the most likely cause is old/broken sound card drivers or invalid speaker settings (i.e. 5.1 surround when you're actually listening to the game through 2 speakers/headphones).

I found this at http://www.gta-sanandreas.com/ forums

try it soon!

if all else fails run dxdiag.exe and turn down audio hardware acceleration.

Anyone in the UK got theirs yet? I'm hoping (unrealistically) on the post tomorrow, so I can play it on my afternoon off....

pomegranate said:
Anyone in the UK got theirs yet? I'm hoping (unrealistically) on the post tomorrow, so I can play it on my afternoon off....

Ditto, except mines a day off :p i really hope it comes...

How do I make the mp3's playable in the custom radio station? I put them in the folder and all I hear is advertisments. The readme says I need some kind of third party codec to play it, can anyone link me to it? (sorry if this was posted already)

From what I can hear it's a crappy port, they had like 6 month to port it, I mean couldn't they see those huge bugs ?

Adrien C said:
From what I can hear it's a crappy port, they had like 6 month to port it, I mean couldn't they see those huge bugs ?

You know. This isn't the first time that a game has been released and had bugs. You trying making a game that runs perfect on 100,000's of machines. :upstare:

Adrien C said:

Not suprising , Cockstar always make a hash of the GTA ports. :rolleyes:

Nah, i thought Vice City was pretty good port.

But these huge bugs? No excuse. Well, i guess they can always patch the damned thing - can't wait for it, comes out in Australia tommorrow. Gonna bug my father for it... we'll see how good it is.

Heard the radio isn't as good as Vice City radio - seriously, VCPR rocked.

Jintor said:
Nah, i thought Vice City was pretty good port.

But these huge bugs? No excuse. Well, i guess they can always patch the damned thing - can't wait for it, comes out in Australia tommorrow. Gonna bug my father for it... we'll see how good it is.

Heard the radio isn't as good as Vice City radio - seriously, VCPR rocked.
I turned the radio off, only because I can't stand a single song in the game.
And Vice City was a great port.

Yeah, the music does suck (IMO). I loved all the 80s pop/rock from Vice City.

Shadow-warrior said:
Not suprising , Cockstar always make a hash of the GTA ports. :rolleyes:
How original and mature...
:rolleyes:

GTA3 and Vice City PC ports played just fine for me.

Great: another game where I have to wait for a patch before I can buy it.

Shakermaker said:
Great: another game where I have to wait for a patch before I can buy it.
yes im thinking the same atm, bf2 demo will suffice i guess.

Guys, I fixed the sound problem

check the other thread for instructions :D

So far so good, no bugs for me. Graphics is smooth and sound is awsome

sound bug? man you guys are way too picky ..try playing boiling point ..there's a million bugs and despite that it's still a hell of a fun game

CptStern said:
sound bug? man you guys are way too picky ..try playing boiling point ..there's a million bugs and despite that it's still a hell of a fun game
Seriously, the sound in my game goes scratchy sometimes, but I couldn't care less. Although I am gonna go see how to fix it since somebody's figured it out

ya but it's not that big of a deal in comparison to say boiling point ..small developer no $ for extensive testing/multiple patches ..in spite of all that I bought the game

GTA:SA will be patched before too long

CptStern said:
ya but it's not that big of a deal in comparison to say boiling point ..small developer no $ for extensive testing/multiple patches ..in spite of all that I bought the game

GTA:SA will be patched before too long

Oh yeh have you found that CIA agent yet in Boiling Point?

B-MAn said:
Oh yeh have you found that CIA agent yet in Boiling Point?

no! I've seen the occasional cia agent drive by but they ignore me ...till I shoot out their tires :E

I've just done a few jobs for the gorillas now the government wants me dead ...hehe tons of funs smashing through the checkpoints ..although the govt helicopters are irritating

Is boiling point good? Im thinking of getting it, is it like Deus ex?

Well it arived a day early. I've just installed it and played about thirty minutes of game and the two poblems I am having are sound not playing in the cut scenes (highly annoying) and some cutscenes are look like they would if I watched them in the dark with a pair of shades on.

swiss said:
Is boiling point good? Im thinking of getting it, is it like Deus ex?

well sort of ..it's more like GTA than deus ex although it's similiar in that they're both fps and have some rpg elements ...you cant upgrade stats it's automatic ..although you can upgrade weapons ..the best thing about BP is that you can do anything you want ...I like to get drunk and run over people while driving a school bus ...you can actually do that in game ..although being drunk makes it hard to drive

CptStern said:
I've just done a few jobs for the gorillas now the government wants me dead ...hehe tons of funs smashing through the checkpoints ..although the govt helicopters are irritating

What? there's a gorilla faction? ;)

GTA- San Andreas Cheat Codes:

LXGIWYL = Weapon Set 1, Thug's Tools
KJKSZPJ = Weapon Set 2, Professional Tools
UZUMYMW = Weapon Set 3, Nutter Tools
HESOYAM = Health, Armor, $250k
OSRBLHH = Increase Wanted Level Two Stars
ASNAEB = Clear Wanted Level
AFZLLQLL = Sunny Weather
ICIKPYH = Very Sunny Weather
ALNSFMZO = Overcast Weather
AUIFRVQS = Rainy Weather
CFVFGMJ = Foggy Weather
YSOHNUL = Faster Clock
PPGWJHT = Faster Gameplay
LIYOAAY = Slower Gameplay
AJLOJYQY = Peds Attack Each Other, Get Golf Club
BAGOWPG = Have a bounty on your head
FOOOXFT = Everyone is armed
AIWPRTON = Spawn Rhino
CQZIJMB = Spawn Bloodring Banger
JQNTDMH = Spawn Rancher
PDNEJOH = Spawn Racecar
VPJTQWV = Spawn Racecar
AQTBCODX = Spawn Romero
KRIJEBR = Spawn Stretch
UBHYZHQ = Spawn Trashmaster
RZHSUEW = Spawn Caddy
CPKTNWT = Blow Up All Cars
XICWMD = Invisible car
PGGOMOY = Perfect Handling
SZCMAWO = Suicide
ZEIIVG = All green lights
YLTEICZ = Aggressive Drivers
LLQPFBN = Pink traffic
IOWDLAC = Black traffic
AFSNMSMW = Boats fly
BTCDBCB = Fat
JYSDSOD = Max Muscle
KVGYZQK = Skinny
ASBHGRB = Elvis is Everywhere
BGLUAWML = Peds Attack You With Weapons, Rocket Launcher
CIKGCGX = Beach Party
MROEMZH = Gang Members Everywhere
BIFBUZZ = Gangs Control the Streets
AFPHULTL = Ninja Theme
BEKKNQV = Slut Magnet
BGKGTJH = Traffic is Cheap Cars
GUSNHDE = Traffic is Fast Cars
RIPAZHA = Cars Fly
JHJOECW = Huge Bunny Hop
JUMPJET = Spawn Hydra
KGGGDKP = Spawn Vortex Hovercraft
JCNRUAD = Smash n' Boom
COXEFGU = All Cars Have Nitro
BSXSGGC = Cars Float Away When Hit
XJVSNAJ = Always Midnight
OFVIAC = Orange Sky 21:00
MGHXYRM = Thunderstorm
CWJXUOC = Sandstorm
LFGMHAL = Mega Jump
BAGUVIX = Infinite Health
CVWKXAM = Infinite Oxygen
AIYPWZQP = Have Parachute
YECGAA = Have Jetpack
AEZAKMI = Never Wanted
LJSPQK = Six Star Wanted Level
IAVENJQ = Mega Punch
AEDUWNV = Never Get Hungry
IOJUFZN = Riot Mode
PRIEBJ = Funhouse Theme
MUNASEF = Adrenaline Mode
WANRLTW = Infinite Ammo, No Reload
OUIQDMW = Full Weapon Aiming While Driving
THGLOJ = Reduced Traffic
FVTMNBZ = Traffic is Country Vehicles
SJMAHPE = Recruit Anyone (9mm)
BMTPWHR = Country Vehicles and Peds, Get Born 2 Truck Outfit
ZSOXFSQ = Recruit Anyone (Rockets)
OGXSDAG = Max Respect
EHIBXQS = Max Sex Appeal
VKYPQCF = Taxis Have Nitrous, L3 Bunny Hop
NCSGDAG = Hitman In All Weapon Stats
VQIMAHA = Max All Vehicle Skill Stats
OHDUDE = Spawn Hunter
AKJJYGLC = Spawn Quad
AMOMHRER = Spawn Tanker Truck
EEGCYXT = Spawn Dozer
URKQSRK = Spawn Stunt Plane
AGBDLCID = Spawn Monster

:D

CptStern said:
well sort of ..it's more like GTA than deus ex although it's similiar in that they're both fps and have some rpg elements ...you cant upgrade stats it's automatic ..although you can upgrade weapons ..the best thing about BP is that you can do anything you want ...I like to get drunk and run over people while driving a school bus ...you can actually do that in game ..although being drunk makes it hard to drive

Yeh the games awesome i feel kinda sad knowing that i only bought it because it was a tenner. People should give this game the attention it deserves. Oh and i just found the CIA guy. You know where you start at the bus stop? Behind it theres that grey tower. Theres a guy there near th tunnel he'll tell you about him. Thats not how i found the CIA guy though i was just randomly snooping around peoples houses and i found him in a top floor flat with all this computer gear :)

EDIT: I also joined the army but they seem a bit rubbish. I also saw an awesome car in another town and thought i want it :) so i drove in front of it and then got out can cut/burst all the tyres :) the guy inside got out to shoot me and i ran off with the car :naughty:

Sparta said:
What would you rate it? BP i mean, not GTA: SA

I dont know ..it has a whole bunch of problems but I'd rate it a high 8 overall ..but in fun factor I'd say a mid 9. I'd recommend it if you have patience and like unconventional games. As a fps it's ok as a driving game it's a little weak, as an rpg it's weak as well ..but the whole package just somehow works well (not technically) ...I cant think of any other game where you can: become an alcoholic, attacked by snakes, stung by bees, always referred to as "gringo", and the freedom to do whatever you want? ..it's nowhere near the same level of polish as any of the gta titles but man is it ever fun (IMHO)

B-MAn said:
Yeh the games awesome i feel kinda sad knowing that i only bought it because it was a tenner. People should give this game the attention it deserves. Oh and i just found the CIA guy. You know where you start at the bus stop? Behind it theres that grey tower. Theres a guy there near th tunnel he'll tell you about him. Thats not how i found the CIA guy though i was just randomly snooping around peoples houses and i found him in a top floor flat with all this computer gear :)

EDIT: I also joined the army but they seem a bit rubbish. I also saw an awesome car in another town and thought i want it :) so i drove in front of it and then got out can cut/burst all the tyres :) the guy inside got out to shoot me and i ran off with the car :naughty:

woah you're further ahead than I am ...I'm still in Puerto Sombra ..I'll go lok for him ...I really wanna work for the cia, make some money and then backstab them when I get a chance :)

btw nice car jacking ...I usually just kill the driver :naughty:

CptStern said:
woah you're further ahead than I am ...I'm still in Puerto Sombra ..I'll go lok for him ...I really wanna work for the cia, make some money and then backstab them when I get a chance :)

btw nice car jacking ...I usually just kill the driver :naughty:

Yeh but its annoying when passer-bys hear gunshots and then randomly start shooting you :(

hehe ya ...even more so when you run one of them over and every civilian within earshot starts shooting at you ...I've made more than a few split second escapes with no health ...awesome watching the chaos in your rearview mirror as you speed away

Not to tell senior members what to do, but can we stay on topic? Actually wouldn't Boiling Point warrant it's own thread. I'm certainly going to look into it...

Game arrived this morning, against all expectation. Just installed (damn quick too!)... here we go...

well we have now really stopped talking about it anyway

Back