Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

WhiteZero said:
I'm having a weird audio problem. All my sounds were working fine, till I booted up the game today, now any sound comming from CJ (sound effects, voice, and even sound effects from the car I'm in) are extreemly low volume, I can barley hear them.

Anyone else got this?
Me. But it's not just cj, sometimes the revving of an engine will be quiet but the hum of the motor loud, sometimers certain chacters' voices will be at different volumes, or cut in and out of being loud/quiet. It got worse the past two days, didn't bother me before. I really hope they release a patch soon

How do you recruit gang members? I seem to remmber reading somewhere that you can get gang members and do drive-bys and stuff, but I can't figure out how. I'm pretty sure I saw a message that said I have enough respect to recruit 3 gang members or something. But how do I do it? :|

Haha, I just did the DDR beach mission with no sound! got like 4,000 (only needed to get 2,500) to pass, but man, it's still ****ed up! R* please hurry up with a bloody patch for us that actually bought the damn game!

diluted said:
How do you recruit gang members? I seem to remmber reading somewhere that you can get gang members and do drive-bys and stuff, but I can't figure out how. I'm pretty sure I saw a message that said I have enough respect to recruit 3 gang members or something. But how do I do it? :|
Hold down right click until they have an arrow above their head, then press G. They shoot automatically from cars when you drive past rival gangs.

Ah, I see the fix for the weird sound problem. Just lower you sound acceleration to Basic.

1 More question: When I use the "Aim Weapon" button (Right Moust for me) it always gives me a crosshair and never lets me actually "lock on".
How do you just lock on without free-aiming?

craig said:
come again?
Got to your Start Menu, click Run, type dxdiag, click the Sound tab, and move the slider over to the left till it gets to "Basic Acceleration".

WhiteZero said:
1 More question: When I use the "Aim Weapon" button (Right Moust for me) it always gives me a crosshair and never lets me actually "lock on".
How do you just lock on without free-aiming?
Yeah, I don't know how to lock on either. I've been free aiming all the way through so far. Seems easy enough though.

anyone using a ps2 contoller properly mapped all the keys yet? cant seem to get them all, cant change radio stations.

StardogChampion said:
Yeah, I don't know how to lock on either. I've been free aiming all the way through so far. Seems easy enough though.
I couldn't figure that out either. Maybe they just forgot to take the reference to 'locking on' out of the game from the PS2 version? It's easy enough to aim with the mouse as it is, you don't really need lock-on anyway.

How do I get rid of muscle? I pumped my guy up at the gym to about 2/5ths muscle, and it's grown on it's own through cycling and running.

There's a hot blonde in the driving skills place that won't go out with me unless I'm skinny :p

What? I normally lose muscle when running and cycling for long periods of time. The only time I've ever gained muscle is through working out at the gym. Also, I think I remember losing muscle a lot faster when I didn't eat for a long time.

If you want a short-cut just type in "KVGYZQK" while playing to lose all of your fat and muscle.

Yeah, I only went to the gym for a few days and I haven't been since. Now his muscle is well over half-way.

I might try that cheat, but I don't want him uber skinny. I have practically no fat already.

I spent my GTA money on a cuddly toy for my cousin! It was a complete accident... I went into the shopping centre whilst I was looking after her, and I took her into the Disney store and bought her a cuddly Kermit the Frog and when I got out of the shop I realised I was now 20 quid down on GTA... Looks like I'll have to wait till next weekend. :(

Reginald said:
I spent my GTA money on a cuddly toy for my cousin! It was a complete accident... I went into the shopping centre whilst I was looking after her, and I took her into the Disney store and bought her a cuddly Kermit the Frog and when I got out of the shop I realised I was now 20 quid down on GTA... Looks like I'll have to wait till next weekend. :(

That might be a good thing, by the time you play it, they might have the damn patch finnally out.

Grey Fox said:
That might be a good thing, by the time you play it, they might have the damn patch finnally out.

Is it buggy then? I haven't read many reviews because I have been out of the technology loop for a good 3 days with all the babysitting lark. Any problems that make it unplayable?

I've gotten my copy of San Andreas for my Xbox, and I have a few questions to ask.

Can my muscle/stamina/respect go down? I know my fat can.
I've been working out a lot in the gym, and I was just curious if I didn't do anything that those stats would drop.

StardogChampion said:
Yeah, I only went to the gym for a few days and I haven't been since. Now his muscle is well over half-way.

I might try that cheat, but I don't want him uber skinny. I have practically no fat already.

Don't get buff, not worth it, most chicks I met later in the game don't like buff guys. Besides CJ looks like an animal when he's pumped up heh.

Anyway, I hate the driving school. I just need one more god damn gold medal ;(

Gunner said:
Don't get buff, not worth it, most chicks I met later in the game don't like buff guys. Besides CJ looks like an animal when he's pumped up heh.
Haha, he does look like a total animal.

Anyone who's made it to Terino (sp?) missions recognise these bridges? I think the ones in the game were based on these, since the company that made the game are also in Edinburgh (and so am I). Rockstar always throw references to Edinburgh in their games. The golf course in VC was called Leaf Links, and there's a park in Edinburgh called Leith Links.

http://www.edinburgh-scotland.net/images/ForthRoadBridge02S.jpg
http://www.edinburgh-scotland.net/images/ForthBridge11L.jpg

They're next to each other in real life too:
http://www.cycle-n-sleep.co.uk/rinfo/related/edinburgh-aberdeen/forth_bridges.jpg

Maybe submit that info to a GTA website and win a cookie. Probably already been found though.

I've just taken over my first piece of turf and I'm really starting to get into this game now despite all the little niggles, but I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer:

1. In the pic (attached) theres a red thing on the map.. I followed it to it's source, which appears to be a church, but I couldn't see anything else around it (i.e. nothing to walk into to initiate a mission etc). Now no matter how far I get away from this thing (it's quite near OG Loc and if I go back to CJ's house) it's still on the map. Does anyone here know what the heck it is?

2. I've been playing for hours now and all I have is like $2000 in money because most missions just give you respect+ and nothing else. Is there any easy (non-cheating) way to make money, cos I wanna buy some properties and they're like 10,000 each?

I still think the cars handle like shit (especially the low-rider cars), but I've finally won the race with CJ's sisters fella.. so PHEW!

No matter how hard I try I can't get used to the camera while in a car either. It makes the driving experience go from "whoa, cool!" to "meh" and it's such a shame.

Attachments

• red_thingy.jpg
    red_thingy.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 243
The red thing is a marker you can place. If you go into the menu and then map. youy can right click and place the red marker.

B-MAn said:
The red thing is a marker you can place. If you go into the menu and then map. youy can right click and place the red marker.

lol.. doh! I just had the map out and was looking for the symbol thinking "ffs!"

craig said:
I've just taken over my first piece of turf and I'm really starting to get into this game now despite all the little niggles, but I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer:

1. In the pic (attached) theres a red thing on the map.. I followed it to it's source, which appears to be a church, but I couldn't see anything else around it (i.e. nothing to walk into to initiate a mission etc). Now no matter how far I get away from this thing (it's quite near OG Loc and if I go back to CJ's house) it's still on the map. Does anyone here know what the heck it is?

2. I've been playing for hours now and all I have is like $2000 in money because most missions just give you respect+ and nothing else. Is there any easy (non-cheating) way to make money, cos I wanna buy some properties and they're like 10,000 each?

I still think the cars handle like shit (especially the low-rider cars), but I've finally won the race with CJ's sisters fella.. so PHEW!

No matter how hard I try I can't get used to the camera while in a car either. It makes the driving experience go from "whoa, cool!" to "meh" and it's such a shame.
What's bothering you about the camera in the car? If it's the way you have to move the mouse as you drive, you can just choose steer with mouse and try not to move the mouse while driving. But I still find the camera kind of low, but I'm used to it mostly, I guess

IonizeMyAtoms said:
What's bothering you about the camera in the car? If it's the way you have to move the mouse as you drive, you can just choose steer with mouse and try not to move the mouse while driving. But I still find the camera kind of low, but I'm used to it mostly, I guess

I've tried it with the mouse only, which is even worse TBH. When driving it just feels really finnicky. I mean if I don't use the mouse to alter the camera then it just turns slowly and if you're doing a 100 degree turn round a corner it can take ages for the camera to catch up. Mostly I find myself over-steering because I turn the camera too much when going round a corner and it's just annoying really.

craig said:
I've tried it with the mouse only, which is even worse TBH. When driving it just feels really finnicky. I mean if I don't use the mouse to alter the camera then it just turns slowly and if you're doing a 100 degree turn round a corner it can take ages for the camera to catch up. Mostly I find myself over-steering because I turn the camera too much when going round a corner and it's just annoying really.
i switched to the keyboard and mouse after failing to map all the keys to my ps2 controller, find the wasd and mouse ctrl pretty easy tbh.

craig said:

Hey Craig I think I'm about as far along as you (bloody work!)... just attempted the second Tenpenny mission.
The only way I've found of getting quick cash so far is pimping. I think you need a lowrider car (someone confirm this?). You get $300 each time one of your girls goes to a client, multiplied by the number of clients you have seen. So first client = 300, client 2 = 600, client 3 = 900, and so on. You'll get a few grand in about 10 minutes....

pomegranate said:
Hey Craig I think I'm about as far along as you (bloody work!)... just attempted the second Tenpenny mission.
The only way I've found of getting quick cash so far is pimping. I think you need a lowrider car (someone confirm this?). You get $300 each time one of your girls goes to a client, multiplied by the number of clients you have seen. So first client = 300, client 2 = 600, client 3 = 900, and so on. You'll get a few grand in about 10 minutes....

I have a lowrider car, but how exactly do I pimp?

I just picked it up for 30$ at Compusa (temp. retail price) and having fun so far. Although I'll be dedicating some time to WoW and BF2 demo as well tonight yet. ;)

Get a firetruck and do the firetruck missions, it's easy to pass all 12 levels and you'll get lots of cash.

Well I just did the pimping mission. I did maybe 8 stops? and it ended saying that pro's will now pay ME to have sex with them. I got about 10,000 in total from the pimp mission though, which was nice.

Just in the process of taking over as much turf as possible and for some reason its much easier to do when I don't have a gang with me.

Hey guys: Where the heck do you put MP3s in order to listen to them ingame. It says "User Audio" folder or whatever, but there is no such folder, and I've tried creating it in a bunch of places, still dosent work. Also, I do hit the "check for new media" button or w/e it's called in game.

Back