Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

ya I ran from a cop jumping over a fence ...it was just like an episode of Cops :)

I ttied just driving by them and shooting but that didn't work, so the second time I just rammed them, stern teh trick is to ram them near an intersection so not only do they get damag from your ram ,but also from teh colision with a building and another car.

A True Canadian said:
I felt that in Vice City, after the first couple of missions you felt like you had already "made it". It felt like you were already of someone of great importance and like you could do no wrong. San Andreas on the other hand, you get the feeling like everything could blow up in your face at any moment. You truely get the feeling that you're working your way up from the gutter.
Yeah but the VC was for me better, after a few missions you did feel you made it, but you were still beeing used, and you found out that you were still in deep shit, and even whne you made it, you still weren't sure, it had some nice twists, and had a good pace, but nonetheless, working your way up from the gutter isn't so bad, I enjoy it also. I just hate the things I allredy mentioned.

ya the problem is other motorists always getting in the way ..in VC I'd just enable cheat jump out the car equip the rocket launcher and take them out ...satisying but it's still cheating

CptStern said:
ya the problem is other motorists always getting in the way

They used to bother me too. But after I took a fast car and began weaving my way through uncoming traffic on the highways, I've gotten a better feel for the car handling. It'll come with time.
I've also gotten into the habit of glancing at the map indicator every couple of seconds to see the next roadway up ahead. It's only taken me 4 hours but I think I've become pro at driving. :E

hehe ...it's all the muscle cars with rear wheel drive that makes it hard to take corners ...in comparsion the porsche in VC handled like a dream

CptStern said:
hehe ...it's all the muscle cars with rear wheel drive that makes it hard to take corners ...in comparsion the porsche in VC handled like a dream

Yeah, I haven't noticed any great cars yet. Only one Infurnus that I just had to have (a very rare find so far); that car is great.

For corners, I've gotten very good at skidding through the turns by pressing the brakes at the right moments. You'll be skidding anyways with these poor vehicles, so you might as well try and take control over it.

ya it's just that I tend to go in a spin when taking a corner too fast ...got to get used to it

You know I think Gorgen posten cheats for SA to, you can use them to do that damn mission.

ya but I'd like to stay away from cheats ...I used them heaqvily throughout VC but it wouldnt let me continue on after a certain point

CptStern said:
ya but I'd like to stay away from cheats ...I used them heaqvily throughout VC but it wouldnt let me continue on after a certain point

hehe

"Winners don't use cheats"

;)

exactly ....although isnt the saying: "winners dont use aimbots"? ...the other form of that is "if they're better than me, then they're using an aimbot" ;)

I hate flying the plane, it has too much momentum when you roll left or right. It makes it impossible to keep it level.

How do you do a diagonal bounce in the low rider car?

I know that left, right, up, and down are 2, 4, 6, 8, but how do you perform a "diagonal bounce"?

Thanks in advance to the legend who helps me :D

Devvo said:
How do you do a diagonal bounce in the low rider car?

I know that left, right, up, and down are 2, 4, 6, 8, but how do you perform a "diagonal bounce"?

Thanks in advance to the legend who helps me :D

For a diagonal bounce, you need to press two buttons at the same time (i.e. press 2 & 4 to bounce diagonally left, or however your controls are set up).

I love the villains in GTA, first Sonny Forelli, now Tenpenny and Pulaski...awesome :thumbs:

I think I'm being stupid here, but does anyone know how to disable the camera movement controlled by the mouse when in a vehicle?

This is driving me absolutely nuts, I use MMB for rear-view mirror so I always knock the view off. :eek:

Cormeh said:
I think I'm being stupid here, but does anyone know how to disable the camera movement controlled by the mouse when in a vehicle?

This is driving me absolutely nuts, I use MMB for rear-view mirror so I always knock the view off. :eek:

Couldn't you just change the rear-view mirror control to a keyboard button?

I don't know for sure whether you can disable the mouse when in a vehicle.

I've made this vague to avoid spoilers, but it details a cool accident you might want to be a suprise for you too, so if you haven't got to the point where you leave Los Santos, you might want to skip ahead.. but I'm probably being too cautious...

I just attempted the first mission in the section after you leave Los Santos. I went and killed the guy, sped away through the foggy woods on my dirtbike and went flying off the highest cliff I've seen in a GTA game onto the road about a mile below... amazing. I nearly wet myself laughing in surprise...

Anyone know how to do the Freefall mission? You have to fly into the corona behind the jet, fecking impossible.

I tried to DL it illegaly and got VICE CITY instead...so I'm just gonna buy it.

Samon said:
I love the villains in GTA, first Sonny Forelli, now Tenpenny and Pulaski...awesome :thumbs:

Samuel L Jackson is just too cool to be a villain :E i dont want to kill him.

christopher penn is pulaski ..he was great in Reservoir dogs

Cormeh said:

I think the only way is to enable Steer With Mouse. My handbrake button is on my mouse so I have to be careful not to move my mouse while I'm driving, but it beats the hell out of that shitty mouse look while driving

Oh, and a minor gripe: anyone else hate how if you crash into a cab they go after you? Other cars sometimes do it too, but cabs always do, and it's annoying as hell

Think I've just stumbled onto another bug but maybe it was a fluke. Maybe some of you guys could try it out to see if it is a bug or not:

Once you've started to take over territory and the map slowly starts to turn green you'll often find that rival gangs try to take over your territory. This happened to me, but I was right near this plot of land (house) I wanted to buy before I went to back to deal with the rival gang. Anyway, I bought the house, saved the game and when I returned back into the world the area that the rival gang was trying to take over before hand was no longer flashing... basically as far as I can tell if a rival gang trys to take over your territory you can just do a quick save rather than having to deal with 20 gang members..

White Zero, how much of a performance hit did you find it, and what is your spec? I'd like to try this, and my spec is not that high but I seem to get a decent performance anyway...

StardogChampion said:
I hate flying the plane, it has too much momentum when you roll left or right. It makes it impossible to keep it level.

You think the planes are bad? try helicopters :(

They were much easier to control in VC.

So, I don't feel like going through 22 pages just to find this out. But did you guys discuss the sex mini-game already?

http://www.gtagarage.com/mods/show.php?id=28 (Screenshots at very bottom)

From Shacknews:
Rockstar is notorious for stepping over the line when it comes to sex and violence in their GTA games, but it seems even some things are a bit too risque for them. With the release of the PC version of Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, users have been able to crack open a mini-game that's been there all along, but appears to have been cut at the last minute. Essentially, it's a sexual intercourse mini-game. CJ can go inside his girlfriend's house and is put on the spot to sexually pleasure her. Using the joystick to move in rhythm, an excitement meter details his success. All your favorite positions are available. Click the link to see how to do this on the PC version.

Gunner said:
You think the planes are bad? try helicopters :(

They were much easier to control in VC.

****ing hell, I allredy thought they were a pain in VC, why do they have to make itl ike that, why not like commanche, I mean this is a sp game no need to make it that challenging.

Anyway I have a stupid question, I accidantly grabbed a extinguisher and now my spraycan is gone, so can anyone tell me where I can find a spray can so i can spray my tags. Thnx in advance.

IonizeMyAtoms:Cheers mate, that's cleared it up. :)

Grey Fox said:
Anyway I have a stupid question, I accidantly grabbed a extinguisher and now my spraycan is gone, so can anyone tell me where I can find a spray can so i can spray my tags. Thnx in advance.
Perhaps buying a can from a store? Unless you can restart the mission. (I'm assuming it's the tagging mission...)

But yeah, I have another stupid question: How do you pedal bikes faster? Sprint doesn't work. :/

Back