Guild Wars

Farrow you just reminded me of me for a second there :).
Nice 10k posts btw.

I hate mmorpgs, I hate rpgs in general for that matter. There are very few rpgs that I have liked, Morrowind, KoTOR. I detested diablo, everquest, dark age of camelot and world of warcraft (Which is really just more of the same I dont see why everyone thinks it is so much better than all the other mmorpgs...not to mention it has the most immature and mindless community in the world, but thats a different topic).

I will be buying guild wars, almost exclusively for the PvP which is very fun and has little in common with most rpgs.

I really only want it to keep me entertained ( with the aid of half-life 2 and BF2 of course) until the next Elder Scrolls game comes out. Those games should be the benchmark of which all rpgs are based off of.

Edited for speeling and grammer misteaks.

hmmm should have bought it, we were selling it at work today and were told there was no set release date.

*Ignores flames flying over her head*

Im getting it saturday, or maybe monday. Hope to see some of you joining me.

Ritz said:
*Ignores flames flying over her head*

Im getting it saturday, or maybe monday. Hope to see some of you joining me.

I played briefly with you in a beta...or at least I saw you. If I get the game any time soon, I'l be sure to say hello.

Farrowlesparrow said:
I played briefly with you in a beta...or at least I saw you. If I get the game any time soon, I'l be sure to say hello.

I do remember you, dont remember what name you where useing though.. I dont think we ended up playing, but we just chatted.

Grey Fox said:
So you think that a game is good if it is only boring till lvl 25, what the hell is whrong with you. That is hours of play. The game is made unnececairly boring by blizzard. Cause a lot of times you'lle just searching for where you have to go, and a lot of the quest are the same.

Could you point me out to the sentence where I said WoW is boring until level 25? I said that there's no way you can get over 25 in a beta, and you have no idea what comes after that. If it was boring, then I would have never made it till 25.
And in GW it's far easier to make a group,

Funny, never have any troubles there.

infact it is a necessity,

Same for WoW

hell many people on the wow message boards call wow a massive singleplayer online rpg,

Never seen such a claim

you'll be doing a lot more solo in wow than in gw.

Really? I hardly play solo because it's boring in WoW.

+ Gw has one masive server, and an exremly good and addicting pvp, so all in all you'll have more ocntact with people in gw than in WoW.

PvP? I've got plenty of 'contact' with Horde, I don't see what that has to do with making contact with people as PvP is hostile. I can't see how you can have more contact with people in GW than in WoW where you can only meet up with those people in a central location. You meet people everywhere in WoW. One massive server, yes, in only one location. Beyond that, it's basically one big instance.
What warbie said is true, but that doesn't make wow a good game, and what a lot of peopel say about wow is just bullshit, you cab't just play a hour and have fun you simply can't, it's still for the harcorep player or the one with a lot time, I mena you'll spend 45 min searching for where you have to go+ another for the quest.

You really have no clue, do you? WoW is actually one of the more casual MMORPG's, with PvP servers for the more hardcore players.

WoW has the most boring quest that I have ever ever, it's one where you have to collect something from those tigers, and only one in 10 leaves it, and you need likle six, I mean thats just bs.

Again, where do you find this wisdom? I don't have a lot of those quests at the moment.

Gw maybe linear but the missions are atleats very fun,

Not having problems there, otherwise I would have given up on this game a long time ago. Sure, there are boring gathering missions, but they are mostly meant to give the player some experience to level, and some cash.
you also get tp use the envoirment and you have a good story. Simply put wow is just addictive, it's not that fun, infact I'll bet that 1/3 of the peopel who are playing it are just doing it for their guild and to get better stats, they are not actually having fun.

No, you're correct, I'm having no fun, I have played it for 17 full days (17x24 hours) now, but all I am is addicted, I actually find it boring as hell. You know it better than me, because after all, you have played the beta. And how exactly does being addicted cancel out the possibility of having fun?
If I want friends I'll go out, if I want to play a good rpg, I'll play KOTOR or GW, they atleat have variety, and all the bs is stripped from them.

Yet, above you argue that GW is better because you come into contact with other people more. Contradicting? Yes sir!

Fact is, wow would be a lot more fun if the leveling was easier,

Fact? How come? Besides, you're under some impression that WoW is a hardcore game, it is NOT. In fact (and this is a fact!) WoW has some of the fastest leveling in RPG's. You can make level 60 in two- three weeks. You want it even faster?! And how would rushing through the game and its areas make the game more fun?
cause now a lot of peopel will quit before they have played with all the classes, and that is ashame.

They're sitting on a ticking timebomb? No? I can play WoW for as long as I please, I don't have to stop playing for any reason.

Making it easier to lvl would have made it more fun + would have probably earned them more money cause more people would be willing to play longer to expirence all the classes.

Bullshit.

I see there is not point in arguing with you people, you'll just pull me down to your level and win because of experience.

Grey Fox said:
I see there is not point in arguing with you people, you'll just pull me down to your level and win because of experience.

I dont really want to get into this argument (because it's silly) but that was a really good line :thumbs:

CptStern said:
I dont really want to get into this argument (because it's silly) but that was a really good line :thumbs:

Not really, it's a pretty cliche one tbh =)

"Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."

Which is a good line if you have nothing sensical to say about my post. Good job!

Ritz said:
I do remember you, dont remember what name you where useing though.. I dont think we ended up playing, but we just chatted.

It was probably just Farrow Le Sparrow.

We should play sometime... though whether I'l get the game any time soon, is questionable.

I played it for a long time today. It was awesome.

My apologies for interrupting your incredibly interesting argument. Please continue.

"Never argue with an idiot, he'll drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
I remember that from someones sig before.

So how good is this game? I was actually thinking about purchasing it and before I do, I wanted to know if this was a worthy game of upraisal like HL2 or is it more of a, Oh mee goosh Doom 3!11 *1 Hour later* Ohhh mee goosh, that was too repetative and boring!!1

:p Just a simple rate out of ten and a reply saying good or not good.

Just a simple rate out of ten and a reply saying good
or not good.
Since nothing is perfect.
-Highs
-Great Graphics, Amazing Gameplay, Sweet Streaming Tech, A++ Netcode, Requires at minimum a little teamwork but the more the better, made from key people in: Starcraft and Warcraft(1-3) and some of the people in early WoW, can jump right into PvP, not based on how long you play(Spells become diverse not better(only by stats)).

-Lows
-Not alot of customization in Apperance, armor, weapons compared to other games.

That low is when I played the beta's that may have changed though.
Great game non the less.

I HIGHLY recommend this game to anyone with an internet connection. I mean hell 56kers can even play(I know from experince).

i'm such a sucker for Hype(tm) I bought the CE :|

awesome package :) installing now, impressions on the way.

Managed to get the last copy in Game just as the place was closing :D

First impressions are very good, has a nice 'feel' to it and the graphics blow any other MMORPG away. Must play more....

This game ROCKS! I love it more than WoW. First of all, the installation took me less than 2 minutes. Then, the registration was as smooth as butter. The graphics absolutely rock. It is better than any MMO as shadow said. The combat is simple, and it is a hybrid of WoW and Diablo. The quests are good and starightfoward and there is plenty to do. It is pretty desolate however because it is the launch day, but once more people come and begin playing it will be better. And, also, PvP is actually useful in this game. I suggest getting it. After playing it for an hour:
9.5/10

Grey Fox said:
Wow, creative :LOL:

I might pick this up this weekend, I played the beta and loved it

Thanks for the indepth review Mineral and ray_MAN. I definetly will be purchasing this game this weekend.

only thing is it is not comperable at ALL really to mmorpgs as we know it. it's sort of an intricate network of lobbies for questing.

more impressions as I see fit

Yes, Its compairable to Diablo.. But not a mmorpg, Its stupid why they even call it one.

Not saying the games back, just that its not a mmorpg. Cant wait till saturday.. may even get it friday.

Ritz said:
Yes, Its compairable to Diablo.. But not a mmorpg, Its stupid why they even call it one.

Not saying the games back, just that its not a mmorpg. Cant wait till saturday.. may even get it friday.

Fancy picking up a copy for me? Buy one Friday and Saturday :D

Farrowlesparrow said:
Fancy picking up a copy for me? Buy one Friday and Saturday :D

Im allready buying anouther copy for a friend.. Sooooo nope.

ray_MAN said:
This game ROCKS! I love it more than WoW. First of all, the installation took me less than 2 minutes. Then, the registration was as smooth as butter. The graphics absolutely rock. It is better than any MMO as shadow said. The combat is simple, and it is a hybrid of WoW and Diablo. The quests are good and starightfoward and there is plenty to do. It is pretty desolate however because it is the launch day, but once more people come and begin playing it will be better. And, also, PvP is actually useful in this game. I suggest getting it. After playing it for an hour:
9.5/10
I think thats a little premature. Come back and reaffirm your opinon after playing something like 20-30 hours. Thats usually what the average game takes so i think that will give you a better idea.

I mean, Doom 3 was awesome for the first few hours, then it sucked.

Ritz said:

Well the makers don't call it an mmorpg, the call it an massive multiplayer competative rpg, but the reason people compare it is simply because like and mmo you have to play it online on a server and like and mmo one of the main attractions is the fact that you'll play it with other people and you'lle meet a lot of other people in teh game itself, which you do. GW is massive, it's multiplayer, it's online, it's an rpg. So there you go :thumbs:

Grey Fox said:
Well the makers don't call it an mmorpg, the call it an massive multiplayer competative rpg

Ahh its just the stupid fans who do. Thanks for info Grey :)

I'll be buying it saturday, I was going to get it today in game, but when asked for the price (They had no boxes on the shelves) I was told 30 quid.. what the hell? No way. I'll be getting it from a play.com for a smooooth 20 odd quid (Including p+p)

Take THAT game.

Well on the GAME website, they're selling it for 26 I think...but obviously thats still more.

LOL. I'm a complete outsider to this discussion, but this discussion is cracking me up. I just wasted ten minutes reading this thread about a game genre I don't even like.

Having said that, I can't believe that people are calling Grey Fox a fanboy on this issue. Look at yourselves people! Look at what you've written. You're attacking him because he's not gushing about a game you like. And he's the fanboy?!? "Has the whole world gone crazy?" I feel like I'm in Bizzaro world.

Throw some flames my way for calling everyone else in here a fanboy, let Grey cool off a bit.

gw0031za.jpg

gw0041mt.jpg

gw0016ts.jpg

gw0022yt.jpg

This game is absolutely beautiful.
Yes, I know I am ugly, but I just started.

Ray I was wondering if there were alot of clothing\weapon\apperance options?
Though more wondering about clothing(including armor) than anything else.

I mean so 4 people could have some boots on, all offering near the same stuff and all look diffrent.

You start with Initiate's gear. Once you advance in levels and travel more, you get more options for gear.

You can say all you want about this game, but you have to admit, it's not for the people that hate the bloom effect.

Well I've seen games with a bloom that was...."Evil" simply to much. I personally think it gets it just right.

I don't mind the bloom effect at all, and I especially don't mind it if it is used in the correct setting, which it is in this game.

Back