Guild Wars

My name is Mistress Ritz on guild wars. Anyones welcome to add me to there friends list or bug me with whispers.

Speaking of pictures, me. level 6 Warrior/Necromanser!

gw0025xp.jpg

Newb Questions Alert!

So what's this game like?
Basically like WoW?
Does it have a monthly fee?
Is it worth buying?

Datrix said:
So what's this game like?
Basically like WoW?
Does it have a monthly fee?
Is it worth buying?

Its like fun
Its not a mmorpg
No
Yes

Guild wars is pretty well Diablo 2s mulitplayer mixxed in with Dungeon seiges, without all the cheaters that is.

Easy way to find out Datrix.. http://www.guildwars.com

Ritz said:
Guild wars is pretty well Diablo 2s mulitplayer mixxed in with Dungeon seiges, without all the cheaters that is.

That sounds like my kind of game. Is there a demo or can you only buy it right now.

Ritz said:
Its like fun
Its not a mmorpg
No
Yes

Easy way to find out Datrix.. http://www.guildwars.com

:D
Thanks Ritz...
*runs to nearest gaming store*

Pressure said:
That sounds like my kind of game. Is there a demo or can you only buy it right now.

You missed the beta events, there was one held last E3 and one awhile ago this month.

Sometimes I wonder where I am when things like that are going on. I need like a personal assistant to help me with that kind of stuff.

Pressure said:
* Pressure seduces Datrix.

Pick me up a copy too while you're at it.

I don't think it's out yet in Canada. :(
*mumbles* Stupid Canada... :angry:

Datrix wants!

Edit:
I think I'll just have to get this from Walmart...
*curses*
... in the mean time I'll gather more information about the game. :)

Edit 2:
Thanks Ritz, but I still don't trust buying things online.

Pressure said:
That's pretty cool. Are there servers or is everyone playing on the same one?

Explain'd!

Towns are in zones, which are called "Districts". Theres so many depending on how many people are playing, I think.. and your automaticly put into one with the most players, but you can choose your own, Districts are totally the same, just like different servers on a fps game.

Areas with fighting are instances, working the same way as world of warcraft ones. So you can go out and solo (Like playing dungeon seige/Diablo Single player) or you can form a party while in a town, then all your party with go to that one place.

If say me and you wanted to meet up in town, we just choose the same district and there we go.

untitled0ey.jpg

This is a list of current districts for this town.. as you can see, you can choose one, or select the most popular one if you need to find lots of players. The "Home Districts" is your area, for me thats Euro, I never use them as lots of them are french/german.

edit: Its perfectly safe to buy online, you just get the key, then make a user with plaync, click "Add game" then click on the link to add guild wars key... fill it out and there you go.

It sounds fun, I'll just pick it up today when I'm out with some friends. Maybe we could play sometime.

My avatars name is Mistress Ritz, when you get the game and want to talk or whatever just add me to your friends list, or send me a whisper (This game has the BEST chat system, ever.)

I would buy the game right now, If it only wasn't 2:36AM.

Ritz said:
My avatars name is Mistress Ritz, when you get the game and want to talk or whatever just add me to your friends list, or send me a whisper (This game has the BEST chat system, ever.)

Does it have microphone support?

By this time tomorrow, everyone in the Guild Wars will fear the name Datrix!

Pressure, Ritz, If you see me around, don't be afraid to say Hi. :) (I'll either be called Phantom Datrix or DMan Datrix)

My face is about to hit the keyboard, so goodnight!

Pressure said:
Does it have microphone support?

Not that I know of, but thats what teamspeak is for you if you wanted to use a microphone. I dont know if anyone else uses it, doubt it.

Only one thing, though this game does have a lot of similarities with diablo, you do not need to like diablo. I hated diablo, but love this game.

Anyway, the reason that I still don't have this game is because my parents didn't want me to preorder from the net, the ydon't trust it, and guild wars is gone in the stores and on the net I can't find the CE pack, (now I wanna buy it trough a friend), the thing is I send them a mail and the webstore owners said that the CE was only for preorder, now is that true and I should just buy the ordinary or will there be another shipment of the CE pack.

By Ritz
Not that I know of, but thats what teamspeak is for you if you wanted to use a microphone. I dont know if anyone else uses it, doubt it.
Believe me once your PVPing you are gonna whish you had teamspeak.

That's cool, I just perfer to talk over typing. It makes multitasking easier. I guess I can just type.

Grey Fox said:
Only one thing, though this game does have a lot of similarities with diablo, you do not need to like diablo. I hated diablo, but love this game.

Ditto, I also hated Diablo 2.

This game is off the hook, I love every aspect of it and the netcode is the best I've ever seen in a game. I am already in a guild called Silver Citadel (btw if anyone is interested in joining whisper the character "Gourkus Warbane" and I will recruit you in) and its fun.

Zeus said:
This game is off the hook, I love every aspect of it and the netcode is the best I've ever seen in a game. I am already in a guild called Silver Citadel (btw if anyone is interested in joining whisper the character "Gourkus Warbane" and I will recruit you in) and its fun.
Your not the exeption, your the rule. Getting in guild and making friends is incredibly easly in this game. Everything is made so that you all depend on each other and that finding people for the next mission is easy, I was in a guild afetr just 2 hours of playing in the beta, this is the only game I played till like 4 in the morning cause we all just didn't want to leave eachother.

Graphically this game looks like a more mature version of World of Warcraft. At least from the shots

Grey Fox said:
Your not the exeption, your the rule. Getting in guild and making friends is incredibly easly in this game. Everything is made so that you all depend on each other and that finding people for the next mission is easy, I was in a guild afetr just 2 hours of playing in the beta, this is the only game I played till like 4 in the morning cause we all just didn't want to leave eachother.

so I guess soloing is out of the question ...I'm a bit of a loner in these types of games

I played till like 4 in the morning cause we all just didn't want to leave eachother.
I know exactly what you mean, I mean exactly. Though Starcraft was really the only other game that ever done it for me.

CptStern said:
so I guess soloing is out of the question ...I'm a bit of a loner in these types of games
You can easly just select henchmen, and in this game you wont get lost.
But stern one of the good things about wow is the discovery element, and travel, and as far asI can tell that is what you really like, now in GW you can't get lost. This game won't interest you if played alone. Almost every aspect of this game is designed for groups. You can try it, and there is a chance you will enjoy it, but I believe WoW is for you 10x better.

thanks, good points ...I also enjoy the group aspect of these types of games but as I have very little time for gaming I tend to drop out mid quest

Afew things that make this game cool...

Henchmen (Handy when you dont want to mess around with real people, or your going on a looting spree.
Everyone plays the same game! I just went into char select and chosen "America" So now Im no long playing with french/german/koren people. BUT I can still move districts to meet up with them. This game is SMART

So theres no reason for you lot not to be adding me to your friends list! Come on, Mistress Ritz is lonely >_<

Haha, I'm getting it in a couple hours. I'll be sure to message you.

Half a ton of gold and iron later... Mistress Ritz looks very kick ass.

halfaton0la.jpg

gw0231yv.jpg

Awesome, I can't wait until I have a chance to pick up this game.

Yep, all free. You'll get streamed free content, but when they have lots of new stuff they'll put them in a n expansion pack. That's how they "get" you, but it's still a lot better than paying monthly for a game similar.

Back