Half-Life 2 delayed = Microsoft

S

StooMonster

Gabe used to work for Microsoft, so when offered him a brown envelope stuffed with cash to delay H-L2 to give Halo PC a run at some sales for Sept-Oct 03, and he knew that Doom3 was already next year, he said "hell yeah, do my old buddies and favor, we'll take the cash from M$ and release H-L2 in Nov-Dec03 and be top o' the charts then".

:afro:

StooMonster

Well, Halo will be out at retail on Tuesday 30 September 2003 (except UK when it's 10 October), Half-Life 2 will not. ;)

:D

StooMonster

half of valve used to work for ms :/
thats where they were inspired to sell more copies other than releasing a game on time.
thats where they also learned how to make cool bugs, like in steam.

microsoft suck. (well, atleast until i visit there again and remember how cool they are)

Is it not obvious? Bill Gates already owns half of the world. In fact, I wouldn't be suprised if you were his man slave for all eternity... Yum?

Hmmm....I would hope not, but money can to strange things to the most affluent of people.

Originally posted by -JeZ-
Hmmm....I would hope not, but money can to strange things to the most affluent of people.

And for the rest- There are the things money can buy. Hitman, a small army, there are lots of ways =)

LOL Gerber! I'd just want enough to buy my house outright. I' d be happy then!

Originally posted by StooMonster
Gabe used to work for Microsoft, so when offered him a brown envelope stuffed with cash to delay H-L2 to give Halo PC a run at some sales for Sept-Oct 03, and he knew that Doom3 was already next year, he said "hell yeah, do my old buddies and favor, we'll take the cash from M$ and release H-L2 in Nov-Dec03 and be top o' the charts then".

StooMonster

HE USED TO WORK FOR MICROSOFT?????
OMG
*dies*

Re: Re: Half-Life 2 delayed = Microsoft

Originally posted by Owskie
HE USED TO WORK FOR MICROSOFT?????
OMG
*dies*
See next quote below.

Originally posted by Nuclear_Gerber
half of valve used to work for ms :/
thats where they were inspired to sell more copies other than releasing a game on time.
Works for me; rather have cool, and finished game, than on-time bug filled and incomplete one.

thats where they also learned how to make cool bugs, like in steam.
Anyone worked out "object invoked has disconnected" yet?

microsoft suck. (well, atleast until i visit there again and remember how cool they are)
I've always found them to be quite cool guys, at all levels; although with the odd "complex" here an there. ;)

StooMonster

Also H-L2 will be on Microsoft's Xbox, as well as Windows, and no other console.

StooMonster

Originally posted by StooMonster

StooMonster

i think that this might be a real reason... and of course to put more polish to the game

quote:Originally posted by StooMonster

StooMonster

This actualy sounds right.... now both ms and valve make money and about the complete thing... that didint happen for the xbox ver of halo.... it got relased early.. that is why there are no cheats... and that is why you can do all of that cool stuff too :D

So, how long before Microsoft buy VALVe?

What with positive Press Releases from Microsoft saying that H-L2 is _the_ benchmark for DirectX 9 etc. an offer can't be far off.

StooMonster

There are a lot of games that must be breathing fat sighs of relief that HL2 was delayed.

Halo PC
Call of Duty
Freedom Fighters
Max Payne 2
Rainbow Six 3
XIII

Those are just the FPS... I've probably missed some too. Pretty crazy year for games. Wouldn't be surprised if Doom 3 just wanted to delay into a lull period.

Originally posted by vhold
There are a lot of games that must be breathing fat sighs of relief that HL2 was delayed.

Halo PC
Call of Duty
Freedom Fighters
Max Payne 2
Rainbow Six 3
XIII

Those are just the FPS... I've probably missed some too. Pretty crazy year for games. Wouldn't be surprised if Doom 3 just wanted to delay into a lull period.

Hell yeah:cheese: ! Half Life2 would've stolen the spotlight...oh well, it will come out later...But I truely believe they are just fixing some bugs and tuning some stuff...

See, delay to H-L2 is caused by Microsoft.

Albeit indirectly because of bugs in their email software and operating system; but hey, called first here. ;)

StooMonster

Back