Half-Life 2 goes gold. [GAMESPOT RUMOR CONTROL]

Adam said:
Erm.. this has 'fake' written on it. Considering this email that has Gabe confirming they have no Pinata that is already posted in the valve questions/anwsers thread.

Then again, look at the Sent: date. They could have gotten one since then.. But im willing to bet this is all bogus info once again.

Don't know. The original was a surprise.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2004 12:17 PM
To: Gabe Newell
Subject: Headcrab pinata - i know you have one ....

Hi gabe

I was wondering if anyone at valve or your relations has made a Headcrab
Pinata for when VU games give the all clear and you go gold

Just like this one from gamespot when half life went gold
http://www.gamespot.com/features/ha...l/screen33.html

If you have one can u take some pictures of it

Thanks Gabe

Alex Markham

man seriously...can you light up? can we just have a moment of hope here? u crushed my hope in a way

frusion said:
man seriously...can you light up? can we just have a moment of hope here? u crushed my hope in a way

It's better to just get over it now, rather than have your hope building up for the entire weekend, only to have it crushed in the end when it's at its highest.

Adam said:
It's better to just get over it now, rather than have your hope building up for the entire weekend, only to have it crushed in the end when it's at its highest.
he has a point im not going to get worked up about this im going to bed. i wish i had never read this thread. ><

Adam said:
Ok i'm going to bookmark this thread and PM when you when you're proven incorrect next week.

Who can feel it i can feel it woot woot!

Adam said:

I agree with you. It's best not to get hopes up after previous false dawns. But...

http://dubiousquality.blogspot.com/2004/10/half-life-2-update-part-2.html
http://www.csnation.net/comments.php?id=7565
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/r/?page=http://www.computerandvideogames.com/news/news_story.php(que)id=110641

And this recent PHP change addition to the little game at the official Half-Life 2 website:

http://www.half-life2.com/hl2.php?move=time

Suggest something is happening behind the scenes.

Mr-Fusion said:
Ok i'm going to bookmark this thread and PM when you when you're proven incorrect next week.

Don't hold your breath.

And anyways, make sure you relise that I did not say that I knew if it was true or false, I merely posted the fact that Gabe confirmed in an email that they have no pinata. At the same time I also mention that the date of that email if from September 16th 2004, so since then, they potentially could have gotten one. So there *is* still hope. But it is very slim. I'd put my money on it being just more rumors.

Infact, it is rumors since the article that started this has it in their rumors section...

Don't shoot the messenger!

if this whole thing is right then it was a silent gold release ..

EDIT: and it pretty obvious that they kep this under their hats for a while

Usually, I'm not one to believe this type of thing (ie unconfirmed rumor) but this time... I don't know it just feels right.

The lastest preload which was the maps (just like CS:S's last pre-release preload), all of the reviews and insider claims, etc.

I think the wait is finally over! I think we'll see the game in early November (as in Nov 2, 9 or 16.) :thumbs:

Adam said:
Don't hold your breath.

And anyways, make sure you relise that I did not say that I knew if it was true or false, I merely posted the fact that Gabe confirmed in an email that they have no pinata. At the same time I also mention that the date of that email if from September 16th 2004, so since then, they potentially could have gotten one. So there *is* still hope. But it is very slim. I'd put my money on it being just more rumors.

Infact, it is rumors since the article that started this has it in their rumors section...

Don't shoot the messenger!
The pinata was a surprise last time! Gabe didn't know it was being made! If they have a similar surprise in store what's the point in telling Gabe if it's supposed to be a surprise? Your pinata "evidence" proves absolutely nothing.

It'll all happen next week...

Mr-Fusion said:
The pinata was a surprise last time! Gabe didn't know it was being made! If they have a similar surprise in store what's the point in telling Gabe if it's supposed to be a surprise? Your pinata "evidence" proves absolutely nothing.

"If they have a similar surprise in store what's the point in telling Gabe if it's supposed to be a surprise?"

Ok that doesn't even make any sense.

Mr-Fusion said:

I'm with ya on this one Fusion. That e-mail was exactly one month to date. They could have gotten the piniata in last week, or even two weeks ago and they simply kept it in the janitors closet for all we know. I have alot of confidence that we'll hear something next week, no doubt.

Adam said:
"If they have a similar surprise in store what's the point in telling Gabe if it's supposed to be a surprise?"

Ok that doesn't even make any sense.
OK....

The first pinata was a surprise for Gabe. He didn't know it was being made.

If there was a second pinata being constructed and it was to be a surprise Gabe would NOT know about it. Plus they'd use that pinata when it's finally gold, not September 16th when they'd just sent of an RC.

Q:I was wondering if anyone at valve or your relations has made a Headcrab
Pinata for when VU games give the all clear and you go gold
a:Don't know. The original was a surprise

Plus you're pulling up 1 month old emails. GET WITH THE ****ING PROGRAM DUDE!

koopa said:
We can't wait until Monday! This is important :)

I think this is the most credible source so far - it really is looking good now.
yeah...how can anyone at valve wait until tomorrow about something so important ? I guess they worked most of the time on weekends, too in the last weeks...

It would appear that my topic was deleted so I'll repost here. Forgive me if this has been stated before, but for those who may not have seen it...

I quick check of the ESRB site shows that HL2 now has an official rating (M 17+). Previously this information was not on the site and my queries were met with the expected "we can not give out that information". So perhaps the game is indeed ready.

Just to clerify, the ESRB works by first receiving a questionaire and game footage from the game company which is then evalutated and given a preliminary score. Once the game is entirely finished the game is given a final rating after review of the finished product.

So, based on the ESRB's workings the game is quite possibly finished.

And yes..I realize the ESRB site says "Released 10/9/2004" I'd assume that's when the questionaire was given a score.

http://www.esrb.org/esrbratings_browseresults.asp?group=8&type=game

Silic0nJ3sus said:
It would appear that my topic was deleted so I'll repost here. Forgive me if this has been stated before, but for those who may not have seen it...

I quick check of the ESRB site shows that HL2 now has an official rating (M 17+). Previously this information was not on the site and my queries were met with the expected "we can not give out that information". So perhaps the game is indeed ready.

Just to clerify, the ESRB works by first receiving a questionaire and game footage from the game company which is then evalutated and given a preliminary score. Once the game is entirely finished the game is given a final rating after review of the finished product.

So, based on the ESRB's workings the game is quite possibly finished.

And yes..I realize the ESRB site says "Released 10/9/2004" I'd assume that's when the questionaire was given a score.

http://www.esrb.org/esrbratings_browseresults.asp?group=8&type=game
we know

Halo 2 can do us a favor now. Eat **** and die!! Lets now welcome the new member of the family!

anybody notice how gamespot is not working now? maybe VAVLe is pissed at them...

operative x said:
anybody notice how gamespot is not working now? maybe VAVLe is pissed at them...
Nah, maybe it's this

We're sorry for the inconvenience, but GameSpot is temporarily unavailable due to scheduled server maintenance. We'll be back up in no time to continue delivering you our award-winning content.

No...that's just too logical! There has to be an illogical explanation, like GABE IS DDOSING THEM!!

wow you don't have to be an ass man... It's late and i am bored, logic is not in play right now.

why does it seem to cause some people actual physical pain when someone else is happy/hopeful about something?

"omg! get over it,this is never coming out..blahblah.." go peddle your wares elsewhere ya damned negative nancy!!!

I would much rather see/hear someone having a good time than listen to some bitter person shoot down hopes and such..

if you KNOW something is fake(Gabe:"Bogus..")tell the person nicely,don't call them a friggin retard,or n00b,even if they are..

wait for THEM to show that they are an utter asshole...

then burn them at the stake..

this isn't directed at anyone in particular..just venting...

I think its not bogus, Gamespot is putting up there rep for this story and I believe them and I believe that the game is gold already and they we announce it as early as they can which look like Monday. If it goes gold next week the game should come out some time in Nov. :borg:

Gamespot has yet to be wrong with one of their "Rumor Control" articles...

Nuff said.

Gamespot has yet to be wrong with one of their "Rumor Control" articles...

Nuff said.
Thats cuz there source is gabes other personality. See gabe has 2 personalites, the game making silent one(usually on), but then gamespot have unlocked the other side... the -Game Making Give out all kinds of information as a "Secret Source" side-

dam it gamespot is still down arrgg...btw im really excited about

this wonderfull news, i think im starting to believe what gamespot

said

Adrien C said:
The best day to give gold is tuesdays, it would be stupid to do it know, as most online game sites, do not work, thus, loosing all the great publicity.

That's why they should wait 'til Tuesday(original post at fourth page).

Back