hl2.php

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wraith, please don't spam things like "I like pie" and can you re-size your signature to four lines or less please, it's too large at the moment. Thanks.

You know, I bet 75% of these posts are due to people rediscovering working phrases. Jeez, RTFT.

I wonder what VUG thinks about this kind of "nonsense" :E

Mali said:
Welp, my guess for what it's worth is that the next piece of news that is released will be available thru the door... that leads to the building's attic.

The initials of the italicised words on "move=truth" is an anagram of attic, which could be what the a stands for in "move=a" (the path of which is of course currently blocked as hinted at in the "truth" message). Also currently the letter "a" is missing from the word conspiracies on the "move=gman", so I guess when the time is right the a's will be re-instated and the door option will function.

And then of course, it could just be the gas the Martians put in the lightbulbs to control our minds...

Thats nearly what i thought. The difference: I thought that because it says in the first page of the "game" that "the way behind you is blocked" and the fact that you can't yet click move backward although move=s leads to "this was not a test". So the move=truth tells you that the "path is clear when the time is right" I thought that the move backwards would appear in the first page of the game when its _the time_. Maybe the text "way behind you is blocked will change to "way behind you is clear" or something.

I believe that either this or your theory about the door indeed is the correct answer.

Elimi said:
Thats nearly what i thought. The difference: I thought that because it says in the first page of the "game" that "the way behind you is blocked" and the fact that you can't yet click move backward although move=s leads to "this was not a test". So the move=truth tells you that the "path is clear when the time is right" I thought that the move backwards would appear in the first page of the game when its _the time_. Maybe the text "way behind you is blocked will change to "way behind you is clear" or something.

I believe that either this or your theory about the door indeed is the correct answer.

im gonna go with the martian lightbulbs.

no seriously though, what if this isnt a test at all? that would suck

read through the 58 pages... not only is it fun to see how things have progressed, but there are a lot of interesting posts mixed in with the many many "I can't be bothered to read so many pages but has anyone tried move=s?" ones : )

yeah and if you look at the source, there's a bird (the one we know and love) in the comments

Yeps its deffo something odd - look at the source html - the little birdy is there again.....

Dave

Hmmm, So the plot thickens. What is the meaning behind the bird, i know its been on every test, is it the mark of one of the devs, kinda like a sig? The only person with 'Bird' in their name is Ken Birdwell so i dont think its to do with a person (unless he is doing the website stuff?)

ScRaTcH-A-HoLiC said:
I know this is a little off topic but I was looking through the forums at hl2fallout and spotted this link...

Im not sure if its been talked about but it looks like a username and password...

http://storefront.steampowered.com/...&i=0,10,30,20,40,50,60,70,92,5/storefront.css

It was talked about before somewhere. If I recall correctly, it was a reference to a map compiling error from the old quake engine that was particularily troublesome even for Carmack. One of those errors that nobody really could put their finger on...

gainax2k1 said:
It was talked about before somewhere. If I recall correctly, it was a reference to a map compiling error from the old quake engine that was particularily troublesome even for Carmack. One of those errors that nobody really could put their finger on...

canonical vector errors sometimes result from calculations using wilk's lambda..i wonder why everytime there is a test this comes up...? actually i KNOW why.....ever wonder why HL2 has physics that are so awesome, and in DOOM3 they kinda suck?
the musta solved the prob...

InZaneFlea said:
Bird is the sig of a Valve member. Nothing more.

Yeah, thanks. The point is that everywhere we've seen this sig, something fishy is going on.

See:
second test
hl2.php fiasco

to name a couple

Nvm said:
Mabey you must clear the patch ?
Does this make sense ?

The hint is most likely a reference that in time you will be able to go out without being squashed by a strider.

Maybe when the release is announced? Just a thought.

if you read all the posts, there is one refering to the steampowered forums, and when the php game was first mentioned.... but it was also said that hl2.php was lacking in the weapon department...and might need a re-wrtie or something.

and about the sig..didn't part of the d3 team mutiny and end up at valve? maybe i remember things wrong...

cadaveca said:
if you read all the posts, there is one refering to the steampowered forums, and when the php game was first mentioned.... but it was also said that hl2.php was lacking in the weapon department...and might need a re-wrtie or something.

and about the sig..didn't part of the d3 team mutiny and end up at valve? maybe i remember things wrong...
I am referring to the time , clear , intelligent hints at hl2.php

heres what he said...

"I'm sure some smart and clever forum goer will find it soon. This is not the third test. Be warned though, Half-Life 2: PHP is really hard. I don't think anyone has succesfully finished it. It might need some tweaking in the weapon balance department."

my guess is that maybe if we enter in a weapons name but put the letters in a different order we might find somthing else..

I know tht the barnicle has the word crab in it..

Who knows Im soooo confused..

The ascii bird is clearly a lesser spotted GOLDfinch!11!eleven!!

:LOL: I'm sorry, it was just too easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back