hl2 Pushed back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Legend
Valve will also send another email: "APRL F00L!!!!! ROTFL. OH MAN GOT YAAA. L8R."

Best sort of April Fools joke, the one that doesn't happen on April 1st ;) lol

heres a simple plan. when gabe or doug comes to work tomorrow morning, b4 they go in the door ask them if the delay is real. its not stalking, you just happen to run into them while walking around the area

A delay like this could be felt long before september even begun ! I haven't been around a single game before which had such an unsure date of release like this one. I do agree that it was right off the lame scale to not publish this information sooner than the last week !

It is clear that these guys have been very unsure all along - not even offering an official homepage with a counter or anything.

I also feel kinda sorry for all those guys here at this forum, blinded by the power of the overwhelming mysterious force that magically was to make HL2 ship on date, answering and flaming every single delay-thread, preaching about how the game will lay in our hands by the end of september this year. You should think about taking a few steps back from now on... Don't ya think ?!?

Yeah, I wanted to believe those guys at Valve, but as time got shorter and with this sadly poor level of marketing they've had for HL2's release - I wasn't at all surprised by this "news". Don't you come here telling me that you were deadly convinced about september 30 ! And if you somehow were, please direct me to ONE SINGLE PAGE on this internet of ours which offers rock solid, doubtless information and confirmation about this date !!!

Just because of some e-mails (which could be totally faked btw) from a guy which is supposed to be some kind of a hotshot within the HL2 circles tries to calm people down ONLY BY DENYING said rumours of a delayed release and NOT EVEN PROMISING ANYTHING himself. That's the LAST thing anybody should trust - by not making any promises himself, that shows that he knew about the let down of sep. 30 all along.

As the time comes, when Valve finally gets reassured of a final, realistic, doable and working release-date, I am most certain that everyone all over the world will know for sure - due to a brutal shockwave of both on- and offline marketing telling us that 'this is it, this is when HL2 will be here' !

Originally posted by poseyjmac
heres a simple plan. when gabe or doug comes to work tomorrow morning, b4 they go in the door ask them if the delay is real. its not stalking, you just happen to run into them while walking around the area

Is that before or after the security guards shoot us several times in the face?

Originally posted by RblDiver
Not yet.

yes....note the edit...

so anyway... like that dude said... without it being preloaded a week b4 the release (sep 30) im pretty sure its delayed. i have said earlier that i will lose hope at 11:59. its now 11:53

nooooooooooooo why oh why valve...

how about now?

edit: argh... damn it

Originally posted by DaveKap

I wouldn't doubt those numbers stay resistant even with more voters. So get your stats straight guys, people are still having high hopes during this crazy time, and yes, that's the MAJORITY of people.

delusional and disillusioned.

Look them up and there's your answer.

Is that before or asfter the security guards shoot you several times in the face?

Hahaha... probably after.

*on a stretcher going out of the doors* Gaaaabee... gaaaabbbee.. relea... release... release da... da...*beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

Originally posted by nostgard
Hahaha... probably after.

*on a stretcher going out of the doors* Gaaaabee... gaaaabbbee.. relea... release... release da... da...*beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep*

*looks at the guy who pulled the little needle out of nostgard*

Hey!! Wtf you doing!!

*see's the paramedic running away*

Originally posted by [[LuCkY]]
Stop spamming, you're hydra has been disabled.

lol.... what?

if u think this is spam, read alb221 or alb112 or alb122's last moments before his bannage. its was too funny. im actually trying to stay on topic.

sniff.... i guess its time to move on guys.... hope is lost

no hl2 option on steam

Originally posted by .5c0ut-WHoR3.
Is that before or after the security guards shoot us several times in the face?

thats why im not doing it and having one of u newbs do it for us :}

54 pages of slagging Valve off - could have easily been 54 pages of praising Valve

arent fans fickle

Originally posted by P4boy
54 pages of slagging Valve off - could have easily been 54 pages of praising Valve

arent fans fickle

Did you read it all? Half way through people starting thinking rationally....pretty much anyhow.

Originally posted by P4boy

arent fans fickle

Did you not see the people saying the emails are fake? There are those of us who still keep the faith that Valve is true to their word, that the email has been faked, and that the game will be out September 30th! :D

Originally posted by TheWall421
Hey, how bout we send good ole' Spit to investigate again?

It is VERY simple to confirm/deny this, if someone could get the original source code of the e-mail.....grrr.

You know its really weird how most of the time, publishers rush the game, while now HL2 is being delayed by a publisher.

(wait, Vivendi isnt the publisher. IM CONFUSED)

(that is, if the email isnt fake)

Originally posted by RblDiver
Did you not see the people saying the emails are fake? There are those of us who still keep the faith that Valve is true to their word, that the email has been faked, and that the game will be out September 30th! :D

Ive been saying that since i first got here at page 8, its a fake email.

Originally posted by TheWall421
Hey, how bout we send good ole' Spit to investigate again?

Well, if my wish is granted (may be later in the week), I can do the investigation instead :D lol

Originally posted by Legend
The email probably doesn't even exist.

It exist's but i think fragmaster made it and sent it under a different email address.

MUNRO DIDN'T GET AN E-MAIL FROM DOUG, THE E-MAIL FROM DOUG WAS A FAKE, NO OFFICIAL DELAY YET, W000T!!!!

Perhaps the reason for them not releasing the source code of the email is to give them more time to *edit* it...oO?

i was just reading in #halflife2 irc channel, munro just woke up. he said theres NO email in his inbox about a hl2 delay. :D

edit: so everyone can rest easy, knowing theres no official delay. have a good sleep all :).

Ah, but the naysayers may say "Nay, perhaps there is no email in his inbox, since he isn't on the "in" list there."

(lol, sorry for the first few words, started to feel poetic for a moment and quickly beat it down)

Nice, so now we just gotta wait to see if any other major sites confirm the email.

I will be going to sleep now. You guys wake me up if you hear any pwning news of HL2's release. Toodles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back