hl2 Pushed back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought they might release the game via steam before retail but now im not too sure.

The publishers pay millions for the right to publish the game and would not stand for it.

Valve really disappointed me with this one. I don't think I'll ever be as enthusiastic about the game even if there is a miracle and it's released on Steam on the 30th, which isnt happening.

Originally posted by -AnthraX-
Your a retard beliving responces from unofficial representatives who have no affiliation with valve.

Lose the CAPS dipsh!t.

Oh look, another retard.

All this talk it might come out on steam..well you never know but it would make no sense at all cause the publisher would be in rage it would loose millions because everyone and their grandma would buy it off steam people would order credit cards just for this so theres no way.

This is complete and utter bullshit, why is it being delayed so long? VALVe lied right to our f ucking faces.

This pisses me off, I'm outta here.

ya alota people are gonna be taking breaks from their comps witch is a good thing really.

I think the hype and anticipation for this game just dropped 150%.

It's too bad your balls haven't dropped yet.

Don't mind me, I'm just trying to reach Ant Lion status.

Yes, because reaching "Ant Lion" status is so PwNing and L337.

The supposed e-mail from Gabe has already been proven false. Other threads were locked for this.

Yeah this does suck....but I probably wouldnt have been able to get it right away anyways so...

lol then one day we walk into EB thinkin' of what crap to buy and there's HL2 sitting on the shelf....:) :O

well, i dont really care. i wasnt sure so i thought why the **** not post it.

i have to agree with some of these people its just irresponsible to lead all of us on like this. Complete silence is really getting annoying. Its like they have it on a string and we get closer to it and bam they tug it away.
It may have been good marketing but its a down right sucker punch to the fans.

i still respect valve just not as much :(

Originally posted by Cyber$nake

lol then one day we walk into EB thinkin' of what crap to buy and there's HL2 sitting on the shelf....:) :O

Heh, on that day do gamers realize that Valve, the websites, the retailers, everyone were all in cahoots ;)

Hopefully on friday they say something at that tokyo thing...new footage would be great to since we gotta wait for another couple months

Someone will probably just leak it on account of the delay, anyway. Valve has screwed up, imo.

Yep. I'm annoyed, but life goes on and we'll get the game in a month and a half. I'm not going to let the delay rule my life...so I'll be back to the forum in about a month.

Valve goes nuts on leaked stuff. Back like 2-3 years ago i helped create and run www.tf2flak.com a tf2 site and we got like 3 leaked screens of it and we posted them we got an e-mail like 3mins later from someone in valve saying we had a lawsuit on our hands so they gave us some tfc screens to put up instead because of a new patch...it was poor but i mean it was only screens and they got pissed

i wonder if everyone and his dog have been emailing Gabe personally for an answer as to the delay.

damndamndamn.jpg

There is no way they would have a finished version and wait until Christmas for a release. They would lose millions of dollars in sales over the next 2 months if they just sat on it.

so maybe we'll get the SDK in october. unless the game comes out in dec, then early nov. i have that to look forward to at least

It will be delayed more times now I bet.

Duke Nukem Forever might actually beat Half Life 2 out....

I get back, I had the page on 10, and find out that there are 34 pages. good god rofl.

what I wanna know is why the long delay? If they're only playtesting it now, it shouldn't take them a couple of months.

Originally posted by DaBinks
It will be delayed more times now I bet.

Duke Nukem Forever might actually beat Half Life 2 out....

The only sad fact about this statment is that DNF was supposed to be out in 1998. Now it's based off a modified version of Unreal's engine and still will wont be out for another five years.

Maybe gabe wouldn't have been made fun of so many times in this thread if he would of been more honest. Nobody likes liars.

Don't play mind games with people, its not funny.

Valve/Vivendi you decide to wait and announce a 1-3 month delay 6 days before the previously confirmed (multiple times(guess they were lieing)) release date, hope you are happy to know you let down thousands of fans.

Elton John and fragmaster are gay, but you're a bunch of f/-\ggots.

GG guys! See you in 2004.

Well I sure as hell not reading this whole damn thread so i'll just give my feelings on the whole thing. I admit that I was wrong, I am currently pissed off at Valve for not telling us earlier, but if the extra time will make the game better then I am all for it.

Finally the one thing that makes me happy...

FINALLY THE DELAY THREADS WILL STOP!!!! Hopefully, maybe, but probably not since we no longer even HAVE a release date.

;( ;( ;( ;( ;( ;(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back