hl2 Pushed back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't beleive how big this thread is...

I'm kinda upset about the delay, but I wish they would've told us earlier and the date they plan to release it now...rather than just a "holiday release"

By the way..when does Max Payne 2 and Halo 2 come out? Last I heard Halo 2 was coming out early 2004...but I haven't looked for a while.

Valve should release more content and such to tide people over before the next release date comes around.

ya just woke up e-mail is being confirmed by valve really does suck man. Just dont understand delaying a game a week before release unless something major happend.

When fans stop thinking companies actually care about them, things will be a lot better

Awww damn, my speculation about how since Munro didn't get a mail then that had to have been a fake, but I guess I was wrong, sorry for the false hope guys :(

eh... *goes back to being a lurker*

Well even if its a day late, this doesn't matter but it has to be said........... fragmaster 1 - others who disagreed with him 0

I believe their is a war going on between the publishers and makers and this is the 1st time a major company/game are trying to sell a product using the internet/steam.

i know that game deveolpers don't owe us anything, they work at their own pace to make a great game, but what pisses me off is that they get us all worked up by releasing tons of videos and interviews and then say they can't make the deadline. i have been quiet through this whole ordeal, not making a sound to add to the hype, but now i speaking my mind. IF YOU KNOW YOU CANT FINISH THE FU**ING GAME ON TIME, THEN DON'T SAY SH*T. i'm sorry if i am offending anyone, but like everyone else, i was very excited about playing this game.

:flame:

Originally posted by DaBinks
Goddam 'vavle' have confirmed the email sent by doug lambardi.

www.city-17.net

BASTARDS

at least release the tools then

Its still not official. City-17 is thrid party so they could be bullsh!tting.

Well I'm quite happy because that gives me more time to save up and upgrade my computer.

Originally posted by BladeTurbo
i know that game deveolpers don't owe us anything, they work at their own pace to make a great game, but what pisses me off is that they get us all worked up by releasing tons of videos and interviews and then say they can't make the deadline. i have been quiet through this whole ordeal, not making a sound to add to the hype, but now i speaking my mind. IF YOU KNOW YOU CANT FINISH THE FU**ING GAME ON TIME, THEN DON'T SAY SH*T. i'm sorry if i am offending anyone, but like everyone else, i was very excited about playing this game.

:flame:

if the email from Doug is fake, then my apologies. if not, i stand by my original post.

Originally posted by -AnthraX-
Its still not official. City-17 is thrid party so they could be bullsh!tting.

you mean the delay STILL isn't official?

HARHAR, since they locked my post out when it was its own topic, maybe it'll be more appropiate if its amongst an ungodly huge mass of putrid crap.

In my opinion, one of the great contributing factors to the sheer hype of this game, and the anticipation, was the fact that since the beginning, and all the way up close to the expected release date of the game, the developers Valve had insisted firmly on the release date of the 30h of september of 2003. Again and again this was thrown out despite all the talk of doubt in other places.

The ONE thing that made Half-Life 2 stand up from being just a 'Good Game', to being an 'Awesome game', was the company that stood behind it. Valve has created an immensely good game here, but without the fan base having the respect of that company by their actions and behavior, they are just like all the other game companies out there who don't care about public relations, and are willing to let their fan base hang by a delicate thread, willingly able to take a match to that thread and let it all fall from there.

I know you don't care... but I will still play Half-Life 2, and I will enjoy it just as much as I would have the sept. 30th release date... but I no longer respect the company that backs it, any more than I do any other game developers or producers out there.

Valve is no longer my Hero, that all but promised me a great game on the 30th. Answer me one thing! How can a game so steadfastly slated to be released on the 30th, be held onto into the abyss INDEFINATELY!? HOW? How do you go from a planned date where everything is finished, to months and months of time to release the game, if everything is all finished, or so they said it was?

Its still not completly official, noone from valve has actuly said yet, have they! Apart from emails which could be bullsh!t. What gets me is why send it to 1 site and not the others. Its suspicious, but we will see.

Raziaar, stfu. It's still gonna be an "Awesome game" you nitwit. Shut yer pie-hole and go stand in the corner.

Originally posted by MadsMan
Raziaar, stfu. It's still gonna be an "Awesome game" you nitwit. Shut yer pie-hole and go stand in the corner.

That's the spirit! Feed off of your anger! Show your true potential!

Originally posted by MadsMan
YES IT IS OFFICIAL. RETARDS ARE STILL IN DENIAL.

Your a retard beliving responces from unofficial representatives who have no affiliation with valve.

Lose the CAPS dipsh!t.

Originally posted by Baal
So there's still a hope! yay...

I doubt it. PC IGN has posted the info...they're about as reliable as online gaming news gets

Originally posted by spitcodfry
I doubt it. PC IGN has posted the info...they're about as reliable as online gaming news gets

I cant seem to see it on there site, can you give me a link please m8?

Lets break 100 pages for the hell of it! No other post will ever come this close right? Am I the only one in here with the minor thought trapped somewhere in the back of my head, hoping, and praying, that these emails from Valve might not be genuin? I mean, IGN, and Shacknews posted the stories. But this is still only one email right? Wheres Gabe? and Erik? and the others? Correct me if I'm wrong. *bleh, shrug*

Personaly i think Valve have taken an unprofessional approch to this, leaving us in doubt and denial, its unfair :(

The decision might not have been in their hands. Im sure Valve and Eric, and the rest of the team are worried about their fanbase...

Originally posted by razorblade kiss
Lets break 100 pages for the hell of it! No other post will ever come this close right? Am I the only one in here with the minor thought trapped somewhere in the back of my head, hoping, and praying, that these emails from Valve might not be genuin? I mean, IGN, and Shacknews posted the stories. But this is still only one email right? Wheres Gabe? and Erik? and the others? Correct me if I'm wrong. *bleh, shrug*

Sorry dude...but that e-mail has been confirmed by Valve. I was hoping it was fake too. City-17.net posted this today:

HL2Central.net also went on the update on the fact that the email from Doug Lambardi has been confirmed by Valve

ok, well. there is definetly no way in HELL it's NOT delayed now....GOD DAMNIT.

A playable demo on the 30th would be awesome...

I'm not American, but i'm guessing when they say holiday season they mean thanks giving yeah? If its christmas my sytem will be crap by then and i will be extremely pissed off.

I still respect Valve, i'm sure they want the game out as early as they can get it.
Also stop treating Gabe like shit guys, hes a legend :D

Originally posted by StardogChampion
There better be a bloody demo beofre release then.

Here here! I think that would make up for the delay...or at least the benchmark for us to fiddle with.

There benchmark is still set for the 30th is it not? Thats something to look forward too :D

Also, i agree a playable demo on the 30th would be great lol, dont think its gonna happen though :(

HL2 pushed back....

Tyrion hit the nail on the head IMHO

The delays are probably caused by one or more of the following:

1. Unforseen bugs revealed in beta testing
2. Vivendi accountants/PR insisting on a Christmas launch to maximise sales etc with Valve having no control over this change.
3. The delay story is a complete joke to wind everyone up
4. Problems with production and distribution of the finished article

Personally i'm disappointed like everyone else :flame:

Not so much with the delay (galling as it is) but more with the behaviour of Valve/Vivendi and their lack of information. Very bad PR but as I mentioned, has Valve had their hands tied and their mouths shut by Vivendi?

However there's nowt I can do about it..... :frown:

IMHO a major faux pas all round for Valve/Vivendi.

EMAIL GABE = FAKE

EMAIL DOUG = REAL

OUTCOME = DELAY

'valve' you suck and blow

dont forget that steam bandwidth is still increasing, they may still be preparing for a release of some sort on steam.

Well isnt max payne 2 coming out? i believe it is still no half life 2 but still looking alright. Halo is just xbox version with more mp levels nothing special graphics arnt to great either just higher res then xbox. But nothing is gonna tide us over really I am just gonna sell this p4 2.4 and save up for probably a amd 64 with everything new just for the future hl2 dm3 etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back