hl2 Pushed back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
GO SPITCODFRY YOU RULE !!!

i udnerstand you didnt have HUGE balls like me for calling Gabe, but you got BIG BALLS !

hey Marine, did you get my PM. I don't really care for his number, but where'd you get it?

Originally posted by spitcodfry
I'm gonna call directory assistance now for a one Douglas Lombardi

Two days ago, I got a call for Valve lol, I work for AT&T Directory Assistance.

spitcodfry will you pm me about getting ahold of valve? i really would like to visit their just to see everything and to know why the delay... plz pm me if u have time

NObody at valve wants to talk to you.

Just get your credit card ready

and why didn't doug say there would be an official announcement? did he assume that that one guy from city17 would take care of it for the entire hl2 community?

Originally posted by merc
spitcodfry will you pm me about getting ahold of valve? i really would like to visit their just to see everything and to know why the delay... plz pm me if u have time

check your messages

See, this is why Gabe didn't tell us about the delay himself. He didn't want to be the bad guy. :p

Originally posted by krarg
[I'm not the fanboy here, you are. :)

"I know you are but what am I."

I've been bashing valve ever since they ****ed up Counter-strike (read: a long time). I said in the beginning that valve has an awful track record when it comes to release dates, and I wouldn't get all hyped up about Sept. 30th. This merely confirms it, and comes as no surprise to me.

You're right, I'm a valve fanboy. :rolleyes:

Hope this get your moods up a bit guys. Is it ok if I send this little dude after Gabe?

Why in the blue hell would this announcement be made to City17 though? Why not announce it on an official site or at least send the email to a larger website.

OK ALL WHO REQUESTED NUMBERS I GAVE THEM TO YOU

DO NOT PM ME ANYMORE FOR NUMBERS

DO NOT BE @&*(@$& HOLES LIKE FRAGMASTER AND SPAM HIS MACHINE WITH

"F@(@ RELEASE HL2 NOW OR DIE IM SO leet*

Or I WILL KICK YOUR ASS !!!

Originally posted by TAZ
My, how fast this thread as grown.. someone mentions delay and it just sparks up a huge fuss over a little email someone got and posted with no direct proof from Valve themselves. The email also states it has no 'in-store' release date set, and notice that they are in quotation marks, could signal that Valve is going to try and get the game sold over Steam first. Hmm.. maybe.

There is no reason to believe anything anyone says until Valve makes a direct comment themselves, and considering we all have been prepared for such a delay why do you all rant on about it? Games delayed, so what, it will be out soon enough, maybe after nVidia and Ati have better driver support for DX9 features, or after DX 9.1 is released... Half Life 2 is done, but would you really want to play it if you can't experience it the way it's 'meant to be played'. I for one hope that it's not delayed to long, but until it's out I have many other games (not as good probably) to play and enjoy.. For now, I am outta here and will return when confirmation of a release date is set. This forum is too crowded with whiners and complainers who can't see that there is more too life and video games then one measely freaking delay.

a little whiny, but I agree.... The steam release could still be a go...OR...the steam release is delayed, but the instore copies are a go.

Originally posted by Viper118
Why in the blue hell would this announcement be made to City17 though? Why not announce it on an official site or at least send the email to a larger website.

Because someone spoofed it (damn it I will believe that until I die...) and they are being played for fools.

Originally posted by Viper118

EXACTLY why it's suspicious

and why didn't doug say there would be an official announcement? did he assume that that one guy from city17 would take care of it for the entire hl2 community?

A single e-mail was probably sent to a lot of people, not just City17.

Originally posted by Joneleth
See, this is why Gabe didn't tell us about the delay himself. He didn't want to be the bad guy. :p

They all are now :D
Maybe its being Delayed to Oct the 1st 2003 :p

Originally posted by Marine436
SPitcodfry....stats on Doug ?

I'm too much of a pussy...you want me to PM you the number so you can call him?

Originally posted by Joneleth
A single e-mail was probably sent to a lot of people, not just City17.

can you prove this? im not in denial. im just a logical man i need proof so i can rest easy

Someone respectable call him and confirm this bullshit. He probably would appreciate it.

the time for the annoucement is too weird..
the source isn't all too reliable
the media that the source got it through it unreliable (email that can easily be faked)
its very very very close to the 30th
why bump it all the way to end of 2003

Calling a game developer as a fanboi is worse than calling up a girl and not answering after she says hello.

Originally posted by garg
the time for the annoucement is too weird..
the source isn't all too reliable
the media that the source got it through it unreliable (email that can easily be faked)
its very very very close to the 30th
why bump it all the way to end of 2003

hmm he has a point.

I smell a stinker! (hopes thats what it is and not underwear that needs to be washed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back