hl2 Pushed back..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by RblDiver
Dude, my art teacher said he'd give us extra credit if we participated in an art riot, wonder if this'd count :D lmao

art riot? reminds me of the 10,000 post thread, each post having like 4 very good hand drawn pics

Nothing will be revealed until morning. Everyone relax and get some sleep.

HAHAHAH lol that one, yeh haha it wasent ment to be hl2 i was just thinking about it and was screwing around with a screenie of a virus that i just killed lol yeh so i just wrote down lh2

Originally posted by [[LuCkY]]
There has been no proof to substantiate the rumors regarding the legitimacy of the said e-mail.

Like I said, take all information as a grain of salt.

Salt makes you thirsty, i might get a drink :cheese:

Originally posted by 5avag3
anyone with any evidence why it is or isnt?

Evidence For valid email:
Shacknews says its valid
Multiple sites acknowledge email

Evidence saying fake:
No email header posted
No email screenshot
Emailed at 9PM PST, a little late
Emailed by Doug, maybe not the person who who make this kind of announcment

Originally posted by Legend
Nothing will be revealed until morning. Everyone relax and get some sleep.

Hell no! This is more fun, and I just got started! lol

Originally posted by Ares
Goom, he was talking about sh0t

oh, cuz he had me quoted, and I thought he stated me as an asshole.

My apologies Irs2K3.
:cheers:

Originally posted by 5avag3
HAHAHAH lol that one, yeh haha it wasent ment to be hl2 i was just thinking about it and was screwing around with a screenie of a virus that i just killed lol yeh so i just wrote down lh2

ya... me and mr. whore were talkin bout that pic a little while ago

Got cookie?
Heh, I'll go get one. Lets see how many posts come up while I'm up.

well this sucks goat balls.

guess my hl2 preorder can change to a Halo preprder.

utter bullshit, leaving it 6 days till luanch, utter bullshit.

Shacknews says its valid

This is actually the only reason I have to believe it... Shacknews is a pretty reliable source and the guy isn't someone who doesn't know how to use a computer. He said the email is confirmable so it scares me. :/

Well, I don't know about that... he is the head of marketing, after all. Officially, at least.

Originally posted by Dougy
well this sucks goat balls.

guess my hl2 preorder can change to a Halo preprder.

utter bullshit, leaving it 6 days till luanch, utter bullshit.

Its obvously a fake email, dont take it seriously.

Originally posted by TheWall421
Evidence For valid email:
Shacknews says its valid
Multiple sites acknowledge email

Evidence saying fake:
No email header posted
No email screenshot
Emailed at 9PM PST, a little late

quite fascinating.... i should post a poll before it gets confirmed or denied.... but abom would just ban me

3....!!!

So many people freaking out over a few web sites posting the EXACT same e-mail which they supposedly all got from Doug Lombardi himself...

Let's think for a moment, shall we? Several of the HL news sites just get their news from other news sites, write down the exact same thing, and call it their news. It's been happening for a long time now. One site puts something up as genuine, and pretty soon it's everywhere.

The rumor mongering surrounding this release date has been horrible. Just relax, find a few things to occupy your time until the 30th, and wait for a more reliable so-called "official" news source than "OHMIGOSH OHMIGOSH WE GOT AN E-MAIL FROM DOUG LOMBARDI OUR NEWS SITE R0X0RZ!!!"

And don't get ticked at Valve/Gabe/anyone, they're trying to put out a quality product. If it gets here the 30th (and not buggy), awesome. If they put more time into it to keep everyone from having to download a 200 MB patch right off the install, then I'd rather have that.

I was just thinking that, these major newssites wouldn't want to be posting the email headers and stuff anyway. Doing so would make it much easier for people to fake emails like this...

Then how come 99% of the Earth is saying it's real.

im stickin it with the whore on this one not enuff proof

2....1!!11!11oneoenoneoenoenoeneo!11!1!onehundredeleven!!1!

Human nature. Much like the riot/gang phenomenon. When large groups of people get together, they get stupid. And in this case, just gullible.

Oh, why didn't you point this out in the first place?! Wait, let me go tell this fact to the 99% of the Earth that though the world was flat at point in time!

Yea, but if you take Spitcod's latest info into hand, he said that a week before it's release date, they would start predownloading for those who had preorderd via Steam. Steam hasnt updated so that your able to purchase HL 2 over it yet, nevertheless nobody has reported any predownloads. Also, the 1 week point was yesterday. Oh well. Nite all.

Originally posted by Falcon(Nate)
So many people freaking out over a few web sites posting the EXACT same e-mail which they supposedly all got from Doug Lombardi himself...

Let's think for a moment, shall we? Several of the HL news sites just get their news from other news sites, write down the exact same thing, and call it their news. It's been happening for a long time now. One site puts something up as genuine, and pretty soon it's everywhere.

The rumor mongering surrounding this release date has been horrible. Just relax, find a few things to occupy your time until the 30th, and wait for a more reliable so-called "official" news source than "OHMIGOSH OHMIGOSH WE GOT AN E-MAIL FROM DOUG LOMBARDI OUR NEWS SITE R0X0RZ!!!"

And don't get ticked at Valve/Gabe/anyone, they're trying to put out a quality product. If it gets here the 30th (and not buggy), awesome. If they put more time into it to keep everyone from having to download a 200 MB patch right off the install, then I'd rather have that.

very valid arguments. sumthins not right. well see.... well seeeee

GET YOUR PITCHFORKS MEN! LETS HUNT DOWN THE LIAR THAT SAID IT WOULD COME OUT ON SEPT 30th!!!

Heh, until the date comes and goes, I'm keepin' the faith that HL2 will be out September 30th! SIT WIT' ME BRUDDAHS! lol :p

Originally posted by Falcon(Nate)

It sure is odd how valve has been silent for hours now, is it not?

It will be so god dam funny if everyone thinks it is delayed, then on the 30th your walking past a local computer store and there it is HL2!!!

But you have no money or credit card so you run home and get back and someother guy twice your size is there buying the last copy, your like "NOOOOOOOO!!"

Then you see him walk out of the store and you see a bus coming, so you push him in front of the bus, he gets hit the hl2 package flys you grab it and run home.

Hey, I'm not saying I believe the e-mail. Actually, I don't think Valve would confirm a delay this way, anyway. I'm just saying that a lot of people are saying it's legit.

Originally posted by Goombatommy
Yea, but if you take Spitcod's latest info into hand, he said that a week before it's release date, they would start predownloading for those who had preorderd via Steam. Steam hasnt updated so that your able to purchase HL 2 over it yet, nevertheless nobody has reported any predownloads. Also, the 1 week point was yesterday. Oh well. Nite all.

iono.... the only was i can still live in denial is to inform u that my friend got some serious lag in cs cuz of "updates" plus certain content servers are up to the brim in bandwidth...

0!
<<<am i a hydra?

edit: hm, weirdolicious... that was my 500th post

Originally posted by wako
GET YOUR PITCHFORKS MEN! LETS HUNT DOWN THE LIAR THAT SAID IT WOULD COME OUT ON SEPT 30th!!!

Only if we can get cookies from cookie monster!!

Valve will also send another email: "APRL F00L!!!!! ROTFL. OH MAN GOT YAAA. L8R."

To you people making up statistics.

TAKE A COLLEGE STATISTICS CLASS PLEASE.

Only one person, since the beginning of this whole brew-ha-ha, has actually gathered data to see what people are actually thinking. On a random 2 choice poll, it turns out that:

55% of people think the e-mail is fake while 45% of people think the e-mail is real.

I wouldn't doubt those numbers stay resistant even with more voters. So get your stats straight guys, people are still having high hopes during this crazy time, and yes, that's the MAJORITY of people.

Originally posted by XtAkm4p
iono.... the only was i can still live in denial is to inform u that my friend got some serious lag in cs cuz of "updates" plus certain content servers are up to the brim in bandwidth...

0!
<<<am i a hydra?

edit: hm, weirdolicious... that was my 500th post

Stop spamming, you're hydra has been disabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back