HL2 Source Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Shuzer
scurvy wins idiot of the day award :) nah.. like I said, it's been explained before why this is bad news for VALVe

why its just some ****in #'s and letters and folders that mean nothing to most people:dork:

I thought it was obvious that this has HL1 code as well as HL2 in it? For God's sake theres even a hl1 folder and bat file. This is more than just HL2 here.

Looking at the posted code makes me think its even more fake than I did before. The zombie can't break in half. Are there any other zombie files?

Originally posted by Digital.dk
Its fake

www.hl2.nl

Its a re-worked HL1 SDK ... Bah

Look at where they link to - they're quoting this very thread. [sigh] Quickbeam in fack. (Although he spells it slightly different, I don't remember the exact spelling of his name - sorry.)

Zombie cant break in half? Didnt you see the E3 video with the propellar?

I'm telling you, I originally wrote that stuff above that Froggy is quoting and after seeing the full source I believe that this code is the real stuff. I was wrong before hand.

Originally posted by VoidWraith
Looking at the posted code makes me think its even more fake than I did before. The zombie can't break in half. Are there any other zombie files?

What about in that demo, the zombie gets sliced.

57 freakin pages and still nothing from valve?!?!? don't they read these forums like they should???

Originally posted by VoidWraith

It can be done, watch the end of the traptown video, they get cut in half..

Originally posted by scurvy
why its just some ****in #'s and letters and folders that mean nothing to most people:dork:

It's like posting up pages of text from a Japanese book. Sure it doesn't mean crap to most of us, but it's still theft of intellectual property ass.

It looks like part of the microsoft directx 8+9 sdk is in there as well.

This needs to be thought of not as the hl2 source code but as a collection of development code that contains parts of hl2 as well as other stuff.

Originally posted by Mopo
Zombie cant break in half? Didnt you see the E3 video with the propellar?

No No No, its the other way around. In the video they do break, but in the sourcecode here they do not.

Nobody said it is up to date and fully featured. The question was fake or real guys... As for the guy who said Valve brought it on themselves FFS grow up. This is a tragic loss of IP for Valve, no matter what whiney purile gripes you have about Steam and the delay no hard working company deserves this.....

You're misreading him. He's claiming that the leaked code of the zombie's don't have the functions to "break" a zombie in half. If that is true, then it's at least Pre-E3.

And Valve claims the E3 video was actually older than E3 by a few months.

Yes, but they said water vehicles wouldn't be included in hl2, I see stuff like jetboat, etc.

Originally posted by DarkJedi
57 freakin pages and still nothing from valve?!?!? don't they read these forums like they should???

Hello and welcome to the world outside after high school graduation.

Something this HUGE (and make no mistake, this is a BIG deal. In a BAD way.) would need some at-length discussion before making a public announcement.

Most likely, all work on HL2 is shut down today and probably most of next week while Valve figures out what went wrong, what policy changes will be made, who to fire, sue, etc., and what to say to the public.

EDIT: RE: Zombies breaking - that would be general case code, not specific to the zombies. The only place you'd look in specific to the zombie for being cut in half would be the model file.

Well I've looked at the full code now and i still can't say for sure. But the things people have posted on this thread are ... well, interesting to say the least.

I hope their WON algorithm is not included in this partial source.

Originally posted by o2slim
One thing about game development you should learn, YOU NEVER rewrite code when you don't have too, if there were things that can be used from HL1(which there are) they are put to use in HL2

yes I know that, but valve would only put in what they could, otherwise they would have to pay ID for using their code all over again, which they don't want to do, so anything they use, is what they made for the orginaly, hence (All of it is valves work)

If the actual main folder is called halflife 2 source and theres halflife 1 stuff in it and other unidentified crap would the main folder name not be different from hl2_src? Looks to me as if someone named these folders to make it look like all the information was hl2.

Just a thought.

Originally posted by Wolf
Nobody said it is up to date and fully featured. The question was fake or real guys... As for the guy who said Valve brought it on themselves FFS grow up. This is a tragic loss of IP for Valve, no matter what whiney purile gripes you have about Steam and the delay no hard working company deserves this.....

i say they do. and they got it :)

and the code is real, last updated Sept 19th 2003

Originally posted by iamironsam
Any vehicle code in there?

Yep, plenty. Airboat, APC, "Base", "Baseserver", Chopper, Crane, Jeep and Jetski as far as I can see.

Originally posted by iamironsam
It's like posting up pages of text from a Japanese book. Sure it doesn't mean crap to most of us, but it's still theft of intellectual property ass.

He was being sarcastic you knob.

Without posting spoilers, are there any creature functions that we haven't heard of yet? I mean, if there are 40 or so enemies (as Gabe has stated), is there evidence of that much in the leak?

For example, is the Prowler creature there?

To all these people that shout 'look the codes the same as in <whatever>'...

Anyone with any coding experience in the real world will realise that code reuse is a major part of project development. If it ain't broke - don't fix it. Just because code is old - doesn't mean it's shi*e.
My point - it seems perfectly natural to have old Quake I, SDK etc code in there, untouched from how it was years ago.

Surely it can't be fake, there are so many references to HL2 specific features throughout the code: It'd have taken some sad, sad person with amazing knowledge of HL2 and some coding experience lots of months just to rewrite code enough to make it seem real.

I hope it is fake, since this is terrible...

lol i missed all of this...so what exactly is going on? HL 2 Source code leaked (ooo and look it says tf2.dll in the backround of the picture....i dont feel like reading this 800 reply thing!

I've found the hydra, it looks interesting, stuff like attached entities, etc.

Originally posted by chewysplace

You are a d!ck saying sh!t like that, you dont deserve the Half-Life 2 experience, dipsh!t.

what did valve expect. They called the HL2 engine : "Source" engine.
It's quite open-source now :)

Originally posted by StellaArtois
To all these people that shout 'look the codes the same as in <whatever>'...

Anyone with any coding experience in the real world will realise that code reuse is a major part of project development. If it ain't broke - don't fix it. Just because code is old - doesn't mean it's shi*e.
My point - it seems perfectly natural to have old Quake I, SDK etc code in there, untouched from how it was years ago.

Amen

I searxh for links and nothing.

tell me please where can I get the source code?

Originally posted by chewysplace

And yet the Zombie can no longer break? One more inconsistancy.

But there was some problems with the zombie breaking. If you watch that scene carefully, you can see the model deform and change in shape. The actual model doesn't break in two, but is swapped out by the engine for two seperate models. There was a website with this problem and more if I can just find it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back