HL2 Source Code

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Rice-Rocketeer
...thereby potentially ruining his/her livelihood?

im sure its all logical and possible in the head of someone like he@t.

nobody claimed the source was leaked.. all we have is pictures that may or may not be of legit code.

I think it says somewhere in these forums that Doug Lombardi confirmed that was HL2 source code.

This would be quite an elabourate hoax, too...

I think it is real. And therefore, this is very, very bad.

If you find the source code...don't download it, don't spread it, don't tell others.

It's probably already out there, though.

31 mb file called halflife2 partial source is on bittorrent

I think it says somewhere in these forums that Doug Lombardi confirmed that was HL2 source code.

This would be quite an elabourate hoax, too...

I think it is real. And therefore, this is very, very bad.

If you find the source code...don't download it, don't spread it, don't tell others.

It's probably already out there, though.

It is out there . people are posting links in irc winzip and rar files

Yeah it is all over... and it is really sad. HL2 will not come out this year... I have seen the code and it contains weapons, characters, and vehicles specific to HL2. The intergration of "steam" like features and other things make it very hard to doubt this code is legit :(

People are advertising it in IRC, websites, and newsgroups.. it will be in the hands of thousands by morning. Really unfortunate :(

I dont understand how something like this could get out. It just isnt possible.....

how many of you actually have it?

Originally posted by Fuzzy
I dont understand how something like this could get out. It just isnt possible.....

I know at least 10 people on the hl2.net IRC channel and Efnet is advertising a link to the file in the topic of their channel. I also seen the files hosted on several smaller HL2 oriented sites.. Everyone is claiming it will be on bit torrent by morning.

Originally posted by Fuzzy

I can get it but wont..Its just a click away..so sad...

It looks very legit..hoping its not..Just like everyone else on here when i heard of HL2 and saw countless SS's videos and articles i had to have this game ..now the 30th is past and prolly wont be here for a while and if the source is actually leaked(unless i download it and find out myself) the game wont be out until nxt year ;(

Just a friendly warning - anyone posting excerpts of the code, or spoilers/information about the game that was contained in the code will not enjoy the consequences.

Originally posted by PiMuRho
Just a friendly warning - anyone posting excerpts of the code, or spoilers/information about the game that was contained in the code will not enjoy the consequences.

GIVE EM HELL!!!

doh why do you think that hl2 will be out 2004 because of that source code doh...

Argh. Think about the ramifications of this leak, though.

The original HL source code hasn't even been released. And now, people have HL2's...

or valve did that with a plan that they will have some reason to delay the game or something like that eh but i dont belive that it will be like that :p :)

Please do not PM me for the source code.

It is very easy to locate online although I would suggest not even looking. It will ruin the game for you... too much is revealed.

What?

It won't be delayed because a major portion of their code has been released?

They're going to have to come up with something to prevent hacks now.

Or come up with something to ensure that their intellectual property is protected.

This is bad, no matter what.

I dont think it will be delayd.
If the code is real why would it have any impact on the release date?

That would just make Valve lose more money. And I dont think they want that hehe

It is entirely conceivable that this leak could cause a delay.

If some of the more prolific hackers in the "community" were to get hold of the HL2 netcode, it leads to all kinds of possiblities for cheating/hacking etc.

To avoid this, Valve would pretty much have to redo the netcode. That's not a trivial task. It takes time. Time means delays.

If some of the more prolific hackers in the "community" were to get hold of the HL2 netcode, it leads to all kinds of possiblities for cheating/hacking etc.

To avoid this, Valve would pretty much have to redo the netcode. That's not a trivial task. It takes time. Time means delays.

Exactly. Coming up with entirely new algorithms for netplay that are completely different than before will cost a lot of time, and a lot of money.

That is true. Sry I diddent think that far before posting.
But how did they get hold of the source code? Valve should have protectet this like it was the holy grale.

Originally posted by KagePrototype
whoa, you don't wake up to this sort of thing everyday. :eek:

hey what dvd is your avatar from? it reminds me of aatchb...

Originally posted by wowyouareacow
That is true. Sry I diddent think that far before posting.
But how did they get hold of the source code? Valve should have protectet this like it was the holy grale.

Possibly through the e-mail exploit that Munro was trying to warn VALVe about, a disgruntled employee, non-secured servers at VALVe, partnership companies with disgtruntled employees.

There are plenty of reasons that a leak of source code is feasible.

Possibly through the e-mail exploit that Munro was trying to warn VALVe about, a disgruntled employee, non-secured servers at VALVe, partnership companies with disgtruntled employees.

There are plenty of reasons that a leak of source code is feasible.

Valve should have known that haxors was gonna gun for the source code.

Originally posted by wowyouareacow
Valve should have known that haxors was gonna gun for the source code.

i'm sure they've known it since the first rumors of the E3 demo leaking many months ago.

OH NO, I just can't believe this shit! This is SO bad! :(

I'm actually getting getting tears in my eyes and goosebumps

Originally posted by Xtasy0
hey what dvd is your avatar from? it reminds me of aatchb...

yup, during La Mer. I have a matching sig picture to go with it, but Hl2.net doesn't like them. :)

Originally posted by [[LuCkY]]
*yawn* It was released on purpose.

Thats what I thought as well, it does make sense to try and keep the hype going. I'm not so sure anymore, though; but let's hope you're right.

Originally posted by MrMethane
OH NO, I just can't believe this shit! This is SO bad! :(

I'm actually getting getting tears in my eyes and goosebumps

You are over-reacting, badly.

Originally posted by MrMethane
Thats what I thought as well, it does make sense to try and keep the hype going. I'm not so sure anymore, though; but let's hope you're right.

Remember Doom 3 Alpha.

Yea. Same shit, different pile.

How is it the same shit? There is a HUGE difference between a build demo version of a game and the bloody source code. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back