I am visiting Valve today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is my friend when we jsut got out of the car to go look for valve in the streets of bellevue

max2.jpg

-merc

here is a minigun jsut chilling on the table in their meeting room

minigun2.jpg

-merc

no i never did give them the crowbar... i love it too much, maybe if they let me playtest :)

-merc

They let you playtest CS:S, that seems like enough of a reason to me :p

and here is an extremely dumb picture of me standing with the golden half life crowbar

crowbar2.jpg

-merc

those are all the pics i have i didnt take many but it was awesome... oh ya and while i was playing cs source i knifed john c... owned!!!

-merc

nice man realy nice , keep the pics comin....

did u ask them nething about the mp and the speicial edition?

merc, can you describe CS: Source with the greatest detail possible? I'm dying to hear how it was. How did it look? On par with HL2? Amazing?! DETAILS!

nothing new about tf2... they wouldnt tell me anything at all, they showed me some cool half life 2 t shirts that are being made to promote the game.. they said the bink e3 videos are going to be released strategically over the summer, the guy doing them said to expect them sometime soon... cs source and dod source are going well and i played the cs source for about 5-10 minutes with some other valve employees.. they got pwned big time.. it was fun stuff though

-merc

i asked some about the multiplayer and there are going to be vehicles allowed in multiplayer... he also said there are going to be air vehicles... i hope i can say all this stuff because i mean he told it to me so i guess its alright to share with you

-merc

the graphics were great for counter strike source... there was bump mapping and everything.. they were on par with hl2... there were a few bugs while we were playing but the game is very close to being finished it seems.. it feels extremely fun and is definitely going to revive counter strike

-merc

CS:S looks amazing, did they tell you if it would come with HL2?

This is why it's useful to take dictophones with you when you ask people questions :)

For the benefit of others who come to this thread later, I have compiled all of the photos and comments on them below in the order they were posted, to save people going back several pages and browsing for them. All words are those of merc, not myself:

alright here is a pic of counter strike source
http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/8969/csource2.jpg
i played this and it is awesome you people are really going to love the new counter strike... graphics, gameplay, everything is upped

---

here is a pic of the servers that are behind steam
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/853/steamservers.jpg
lots a power in there!

---

here is some awards that they have gotten
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/9791/awards.jpg
you have all probably seen these before

---

here is a random picture of some cannon thingy that was laying around
http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/5917/cannon2.jpg

---

here are some posters in a meeting room they have... my friend and i watched all the e3 demo videos in high resolution on a widescreen tv with gabe newell...
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6325/posters2.jpg

---

here is my friend when we jsut got out of the car to go look for valve in the streets of bellevue
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7308/max2.jpg

---

here is a minigun jsut chilling on the table in their meeting room
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/8411/minigun2.jpg

---

and here is an extremely dumb picture of me standing with the golden half life crowbar
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4589/crowbar2.jpg

wow.. so sweet, I wish I got to play CS: Source.. :(

Tell me, does it play exactly like CS? Sounds like you're a CS player, if you pwned them so hard ;)

I dont post here much but i gotta ask! you say they said there will be air and other vehicles what multiplayer were they talking bout!??!? hl2 multi????

merc said:
Alright here are questions that I will ask him about:

1. News on DoD: Source and any other mod source makeovers.
2. News on TFC2
3. News on HL2 and Collectors Edition
4. Bink videos from e3 2004
5. HL2 Multiplayer

-merc
so did you ask him about number 3? ;)

klown said:
I dont post here much but i gotta ask! you say they said air and other vehicles what multiplayer were they talking bout!??!? hl2 multi????
Up until now you havn't posted at all. :p
THIS IS A DUMD QUESTION
Yo merc you probably didn't do this but i gotta ask
when you played cs:s did you use the M4 and if so when you start to put the silencer on could you switch your pistol etc. quickly then switch back to the m4 and the silencer was on.

If you could then they probably would have kept cs:s the same mostly, with all the stupid glitches i use.

brink's said:
THIS IS A DUMD QUESTION
when you played cs:s did you use the M4 and if so when you put the silencer on could you switch your pistol etc. quickly then switch back to the m4 and the silencer was on.

If you could then they probably would have kept cs:s the same mostly, with all the stupid glitches i use.

Edit: nevermind, read your post wrong

I doubt that's in there, as this was patched many months ago

brink's said:
THIS IS A DUMD QUESTION
when you played cs:s did you use the M4 and if so when you start to put the silencer on could you switch your pistol etc. quickly then switch back to the m4 and the silencer was on.

This is why I don't post.... o well.....*hides in shadow in fetal position*

Posts are magically being edited, we're all edit crazy ;)

Anyhow, merc, I need to know.. does CS: Source "feel" like CS? Weapon accuracies the same? etc?

Shuzer said:
Edit: nevermind, read your post wrong

I doubt that's in there, as this was patched many months ago
I know they awp switch but the m4 silencer thing wasn't fixed. I use that all the time. I dont have to wait after I use the glitch.

i dont remember if the awp quickswitch was back or not i was just playing and stuff with the mp5 and para... i was like shooting barrels over and stuff it was neat... the flashbangs in cs source are awesome they are totally new and really effect the game a lot.. i didnt get any info about hl2 collectors edition but i am sure valve will release it on dvd too... the vehicles will be in singleplayer and he said you could put vehicles in multiplayer depending on the power of the server or something like that..

-merc

brink's said:
I know they awp switch but the m4 silencer thing wasn't fixed. I use that all the time. I dont have to wait after I use the glitch.

The silencer thing doesn't work for me anymore. Are you sure it works for you?

merc said:
i dont remember if the awp quickswitch was back or not i was just playing and stuff with the mp5 and para... i was like shooting barrels over and stuff it was neat... the flashbangs in cs source are awesome they are totally new and really effect the game a lot.. i didnt get any info about hl2 collectors edition but i am sure valve will release it on dvd too... the vehicles will be in singleplayer and he said you could put vehicles in multiplayer depending on the power of the server or something like that..

-merc

Did you know that Brinks???? Cause I just learned something new! :p

i also was shown the facial editing program by greg coomer and watched cliffy play some cs source... i was shown the hammer editor and a level they were working on and also talked with marc laidlaw some about half life stuff... the valve employees were EXTREMELY kind to us and when we first got there Gabe even offered us some drinks

-merc

Shuzer said:
The silencer thing doesn't work for me anymore. Are you sure it works for you?
It works for me I just checked to make sure. It speeds up by 2-3 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back