I am visiting Valve today!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
awesome. what tone or air did the steam guy use when he said "soon"? Did he say,

"Er - um... soon," or

"SURE! Soon"

Neutrino said:
Here's one question. When you shot another play in CS:S was there any keyframe blending animations, or did the player model just stay immobile until it died? Thanks.

im not sure i understand your question...

the physics changed the game as you could be hiding behind something, but then the next second some guy could blast it to pieces with a gun and you would be exposed! also sometimes when guys died their guns would bounce away from their bodies into the open where you may not be able to get to without being shot..

-merc

yeah, id also like to hear about how the physics add to counter-strike.
edit: nevermind, you kind of just did.

How long did you get to play CS:Source?

Did the ragdoll deaths look 'klunky' like they were running then shot then turned into a ragdoll and had his arms spread and his legs or was it more like meshed together where they're running, shot and they collapse from the last animation?

How tired did the crew seem?

did you get to see HL2? if so, what part/s?

merc said:

I'll paraphrase what he asked for you..

When you shot an enemy, did he flinch according to where you shot him? As opposed to a general flinch and the player slowing down

How did playing and seeing CS Source feel compared to Frycry???

tell us about the map you saw them working on. Did they say anything about it? Were they just optimising?

Does Gabe have everyone chained to their desks sitting on porta-potties and connected to vitamin drips until the game goes gold?

Is the "G" in G-Man short for "Gabe"?

merc said:

the physics changed the game as you could be hiding behind something, but then the next second some guy could blast it to pieces with a gun and you would be exposed! also sometimes when guys died their guns would bounce away from their bodies into the open where you may not be able to get to without being shot..

-merc

Ah, let me explain better. You see Havok allows what is called blending of key-framed animations with physics. This means that when a player model is hit with a bullet it can react to the impact. Though that's not really all that realistic, it can be a cool effect. So say when you hit somebody in the shoulder with a shotgun their shoulder will jerk back. I doubt that Valve has implemented this, but I was just curious if it was in CS:Source at all.

Here's an example for a better clarification. http://www.havok.com/products/index.php click on the pic in the yellow box for the video.

Edit: Ah, Shuzer beat me to it.

none of them seemed tired or anything, but im not sure if they were... either way they were all happy and kind... the map they were working on was something with dr kleiner and then they showed me something that is part of the game that im not sure i can share... sorry guys! i got to watch all the hl2 e3 videos on a widescreen tv in high resolution and it was awesome...

-merc

anything they show/release to the public should be mentioned

common.. we're in need of some kind of news.. just tell us man... We're dying.. help the community!

merc said:
the flashbangs in cs source are awesome they are totally new and really effect the game a lot..

-merc

Can you tell the changes you noticed from the current flash bang used in CS to the one in CS: Source?

merc said:
none of them seemed tired or anything, but im not sure if they were... either way they were all happy and kind... the map they were working on was something with dr kleiner and then they showed me something that is part of the game that im not sure i can share... sorry guys! i got to watch all the hl2 e3 videos on a widescreen tv in high resolution and it was awesome...

-merc

Did they say "Don't tell anyone about this?" If so, I respect your tightlippedness.

If not, then untighten those lippeds :LOL:

To sum it all up a bit:

1. Was there character flinching (when you shoot a guy and he doesn't die what happens)

2. When you killed someone with a gun, did he just like fall down like a spaghetti or did he "fly back" a bit when he got hit?

1. was dust the only map u played? if not please tell us the other maps

2. do the bodies dissapear from the ground when they die?

3. did u shoot a dead body to see how it reacts to the bullets?

4. is there any new weapons? and what weapons did u try.

if i think of more ill ask , Thanx alot!

dust was the only map that i played and the characters did fly back a bit when they got shot up... i didnt notice and bodies disappearing on the ground and i didnt shoot any dead bodies.. they dont have any new weapons that i know of (maybe theyll surprise us) but i used the para quite a bit for some run and gun action :) i also used mp5 some and awp

-merc

ya no prob on the info i just hope that i didnt say anything gabe or valve didnt want me to do... :)

-merc

In your opinion how did CS Source feel as compared to Farycry....any advantages/disadvantages?

Heres a couple quick questions:

Did CS:Source have the same "feel" to it as the current CS? Or does all the new physics stuff change the gameplay quite a bit?

What is the kill notification system like? The same in CS where you see [name] [killed with] [victim]?

yes kill notification was the same... the feel of the game is a little bit different but it is alot smoother and it just feels a lot more real... it is great.. the cs source was better than far cry just for how the guns worked and graphics wise it competes well too..

-merc

Hey Merc
why dont u post a new thread about all the info and photos u got from Valve ?

merc said:
yes kill notification was the same... the feel of the game is a little bit different but it is alot smoother and it just feels a lot more real... it is great.. the cs source was better than far cry just for how the guns worked and graphics wise it competes well too..

-merc

Nice! Thnx.

well most of the info is all somewhere in this thread... i guess people can just pick it out and stuff and compile it if they want, but i have just been trying to answer individual questions more..

-merc

I got a question
how was the HL2 graphics ?
better than the screen shots or its just the same ?

hl2 graphics was better than screenshots especially since i saw it on a high resolution wide screen tv.. it was awesome, the game is just going to be plain awesome and is going to amaze everyone

-merc

nah he just showed me for a quick second and the person had to ask gabe if it was alright so im not gonna say anything about it... special stuff for people that get to visit :)

-merc

not cool..

I live in wisconsin, im not going to fly out just to see a 30 min presentation..

Your information is nice but alot of it is just about CS:source which I get will be a great Multiplayer... but what about HL2? and the only good picture you took was of CS:source.. everything else was already on camera...

Gabe will not find out where you live and kill you. Whats the big deal?

nevertheless thansk for the info

the thing i saw with hl2 wasnt even a big deal guys give me a break... i really didnt see much new hl2 stuff just some e3 videos that were high resolution and i actually hadnt even seen them yet so they were cool to me then :)

-merc

In the updated de_dust map you played, what exactly was upgraded?
Was there a texture overhaul? (Or maybe CS: CZ textures used)
Was there updated geometry? (Slight tweaks to positions of things, etc)
How were these barrels placed? Did they seem like they fit into the map? Were they in big clods of 3 and 4? Were barrles the only new objects to make use of? Did the boxes in de_dust become objects instead of part of the map?

Did you get to play Half-Life 2 at all? Or see someone play it?

If so, did characters flinch when they were shot? I know you said there was a small amount in CS: Source.

Thanks!

i didnt play hl2 at all and i just saw the e3 demos on a high resolution wide screen tv... the cs:s had great textures also...

-merc

Merc, no one's said this yet, but I love you. :cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back