LOST: Destiny Found

I don't ****ing understand how the chinese guy could be at Hurleys man of the year award. First, he should be older. Second, he should know Hurley. They detonated a nuke together. Not something you just forget I think.

I don't ****ing understand how the chinese guy could be at Hurleys man of the year award. First, he should be older. Second, he should know Hurley. They detonated a nuke together. Not something you just forget I think.

How do you know he doesn't remember him? And even if he doesn't I would think the whole parrell universe thing would **** with your memory. Maybe someone needs to hit the asian guy on the head.

But the island event happend in the alt-universe. So what the hell? And did he get the same deal as Richard or what?

But the island event happend in the alt-universe. So what the hell?

Did it? How do you know? I do not recall anyone coming out and stating that the Hatch incident in 1977 was directly responsible for this alternate timeline. I think it would be a mistake to assume so.

That's very true but I suppose it comes down to how it's working. I mean, I had thought that Desmond's shared experience between the realities ended when he woke up, which was long before he met Bizarro John Locke.
That's all we saw, but I don't think we can assume that's all there is to it just because it's how the epiphony was visualized. They could all have a much better idea than it would appear to us, especially Desmond, I would think. At the very least, vague feelings and impressions of people have sunken through about people they've shared a special connection with, and maybe others. Not saying that's definite, because it's certainly just speculation, but I'm just not totally sure of this 'Near murder for your benefit' theory.

I think Samon's probably right that Desmond is probably just going to ridiculous extremes to give him a near-death experience and jog his memory. Hurley and Daniel had love on the island which helped them remember, since love apparently transcends reality. John Locke doesn't. I don't really like the idea that he's just trying to rub people out, but it seems likely.

Yeah, but if he doesn't know more than his flash seemed to show, how did he know Hurley would have love on the island to pursue? It looked to me as though he just tried to find him and play it by ear, and that worked. Which is why it doesn't make much sense to me that the very next person he would run down with his car, without even attempting conversation first.

Yeah, but if he doesn't know more than his flash seemed to show, how did he know Hurley would have love on the island to pursue? It looked to me as though he just tried to find him and play it by ear, and that worked. Which is why it doesn't make much sense to me that the very next person he would run down with his car, without even attempting conversation first.

I absolutely agree, that's the very argument I was making to Samon yesterday. We'll have to see how it plays out.

I wonder if the reason Locke did that was he knew Desmond was a weapon against him, and he's presenting him with an opportunity to leave the Island by turning the wheel. Though Desmond knows nothing about what it does.

Highly unlikely he'd be able to survive falling head first down a well, though. If killing him was the smoke monsters intention, he would have done it another way.

Did it? How do you know? I do not recall anyone coming out and stating that the Hatch incident in 1977 was directly responsible for this alternate timeline. I think it would be a mistake to assume so.

So by totally unrelated, isolated events from the survivors who's trying to change history, comes Ben and change them by killing Jacob?
Just feels kinda strange that the A-bomb had nothing to do with the alt. timeline with all that build up.

I wonder if the reason Locke did that was he knew Desmond was a weapon against him, and he's presenting him with an opportunity to leave the Island by turning the wheel. Though Desmond knows nothing about what it does.

Highly unlikely he'd be able to survive falling head first down a well, though. If killing him was the smoke monsters intention, he would have done it another way.

Different well, I think. I suspect the Smoke Monster is just trying to get him out of the way.

The wheel? This isn't the well we've seen before - we're nowhere near the Orchid. There is no wheel down there.

So by totally unrelated, isolated events from the survivors who's trying to change history, comes Ben and change them by killing Jacob?
Just feels kinda strange that the A-bomb had nothing to do with the alt. timeline with all that build up.

I didn't say Jacob, and I didn't rule out the bomb - it's just not the anchor for it. It's something else.

Err, anyone else find it weird that Chang is even present in the ATL in 2004, looking the same as he did in 1977?

Different well, I think. I suspect the Smoke Monster is just trying to get him out of the way.

The wheel? This isn't the well we've seen before - we're nowhere near the Orchid. There is no wheel down there.

Oh. I didn't know they were different wells. We've only ever seen one. :(

I think Locke is underestimating people too much. He does have weaknesses and will probably go ape shit soon. Desmond will probably turn into the anti Locke who saves the day

Also it ok if I laughed when Desmond hit Locke with his car??

EDIT: what ever happened to these guys on the show??

polar-bear-big.jpg

Are we actually talking about the extinction of all mankind if MiB left the island? If so, that would be rather silly. And I don't like the Christian undertones this season. They have always been there partly, yes, but now we see more and more of it.

Cerberus is tired of guarding the gates of Hades.

With noone preventing the inhabitants from departing, all hell will break loose!

Cerberus isn't the threat, what he's holding back is!

Desmond is much more the intermediary, I think. A Jacob-type figure. He has been - and will continue to be - a catalyst for important events that occur both on the Island and within the ALT reality. There's no doubt that he is absolutely essential to defeating MIB, but it will be in a different capacity then the likes of Jack, I think. Desmond seems to be much more about pushing these other characters in a direction that will allow them to do what they have to do.

I agree with Yorick. The series has built to Jack being the individual who will willingly choose to accept the pedestal of protecting the Island and, indeed, the one ultimately responsible for the destruction of MIB. Choosing anyone else to do this, I think, undermines the direction the series has taken, especially in regards to the development of Jack's character - someone who has proven to be one of the single most carefully-written, developed, and complex characters on the show.

Oh, I saw that a couple of hours ago.

Sun's thinking she's right next to MIB. Kind of an amusing little scene, actually. Sun's all hysterical after being shot in the stomach, and John is just there spaced out.

So basically, they're way more connected than we thought, and I knew it, and I'm a genuis. I agree about Miles's father, that's a very silly and obvious continuity problem, should've fixed that. But ignoring the lack of aging, I think it's feasible that Miles's father recognizes Hurley, but doesn't feel inclined to bring it up, because he knows he'll travel back in time regardless. I still can't wait to find out more about what exactly happened to the island and how exactly every one got to where they are.

So basically, they're way more connected than we thought, and I knew it, and I'm a genuis.

er, i don't think there was much doubt that things were going to be fairly connected. things were hazy at first with lives like kate, sawyer, but the writers did say it was all going to pan out soon. it is.

edit: so i'm pretty much catching up on the last three episodes now that i'm back with fast download speeds and by god i'm glad i had a break as things are much better lately, or maybe it's because i've been able to watch three episodes in a row and not have to sit up at the end of a weeks wait and say ''was that it? sonofa--!'', but the end of the last episode (everybody loves hugo) didn't have me thinking nor saying that at all, so cool.

a lot to register right now, but

i ****ing howled with laughter at illana blowing up. whenever dynamite is brought on set i tense up a little, and the way she was throwing that bag around had me yelling at the screen that she was about to get ****ing blown up. classic death-cam angle said it all, but it was still a nice little surprise no matter how obvious.

i ****ing howled with laughter at illana blowing up. whenever dynamite is brought on set i tense up a little, and the way she was throwing that bag around had me yelling at the screen that she was about to get ****ing blown up. classic death-cam angle said it all, but it was still a nice little surprise no matter how obvious.

I may never forgive them for that scene.

there's quite a bit of the show i'll never forgive them for, however

blowing up a tedious character is not one of them for me, but i'll agree it was a little blunt.

Anyone played the Lost game? Is it canon in any way? And as I was thinking of getting it, was it any good?

er, i don't think there was much doubt that things were going to be fairly connected. things were hazy at first with lives like kate, sawyer, but the writers did say it was all going to pan out soon. it is.

I meant specifically with the death/love flashes being more open to interpretation and providing more concepts, ideas, and feelings than the specific moments they see demonstrate. However, my post was mostly joking, and could be very wrong, because Locke (MIB) may do the things Sun sees in the flash next episode and then the flash occurs just before that preview did, thus justifying her horror because she just saw him do whatever ****ed up shit he may have done.

I don't know about anyone else but this episode felt completely and utterly pointless except for maybe the last 5 or 10 minutes.

Yeah, I have mixed feelings about this one. Yeah, it's good to see things moving forward in the LA-Verse, but it's hard to say to what end. It looks as though Desmond really did take Locke out just to put him a position to meet Jack, and even potentially have Jack and Ben meet. Likewise, he got Claire to meet Jack. Throw in a worthless Ilana cameo, and you've got a ball game.

Meanwhile on the island, I'm left wondering what the hell Ben, Richard, and Miles are up to. The Jin/Sun reuniting was nice, but part of me was hoping that Zoe was going to just gun them all down. I'm still waiting for the promised load of character deaths, and hoping they aren't all from playing with ****ing dynamite.

Also I love (sarcasm) how the promo for this week clearly showed Sayid firing his gun at Desmond in-the-well, and yet the episode was totally ambiguous as to whether or not he actually killed him. (Hint: He didn't) But they promo'd something that didn't even happen, and that pisses me off.

I'm still waiting for the promised load of character deaths, and hoping they aren't all from playing with ****ing dynamite.

They are coming, and it will not be from dynamite. ;)

That is all.

Wow, you read spoilers.

Leave this place, heretic, and never come back!

It was by mistake. I was on a Lost forum - unspoiled discussion - and someone messed up the spoiler tags.

Other than that, I am spoiler free and proud of it.

An alright episode, better than last week's (Everybody Loves Hugo). Jack's actions were questionable as usual, why would he only think over things once he got on the boat? He seemed alright on having led the other four people on the boat when he himself thought it was a bad idea.

An alright episode, better than last week's (Everybody Loves Hugo). Jack's actions were questionable as usual, why would he only think over things once he got on the boat? He seemed alright on having led the other four people on the boat when he himself thought it was a bad idea.

I don't think that's the case. There wasn't really a lot of time to think it over. Sawyer said "This is what we're doing", and Jack's focus at that point was how to get these people away from Locke. It wasn't until he was actually leaving the Island that he felt what he had felt before - that the island isn't done with them.

I forgot a few high points of this episode that I liked - every Jack/Locke moment was excellent.

Yeah, I suppose, I just felt that his sudden change of heart was strange.

We also now have confirmed that all appearances of Christian were indeed MiB. So that means that it was him, not Jacob, who wanted to move the island in season 4.

Yeah, I suppose, I just felt that his sudden change of heart was strange.

We also now have confirmed that all appearances of Christian were indeed MiB. So that means that it was him, not Jacob, who wanted to move the island in season 4.

i think he's lying...how did he appear to Michael on the boat, to Jack in the hospital....HOW!?

i think he's lying...how did he appear to Michael on the boat, to Jack in the hospital....HOW!?

Well, quite easily; he couldn't physically leave the Island. What's more, the freighter was in the proximity of the Island. The smoke detector sort of gave it away.

Back