LOST: Destiny Found

back to discussing how we're all gonna find out that Richard Alpert
uses Avon products!
*gasp* !

but seriously, i'm freaking pumped for tonights episode.

That was a beautiful episode.
Second time in the series that I've actually teared up.

wow...for a minute there I thought they really had switched bodies. Still bothered by the fact that we saw that knife again, what i wonder is the significance of the knife if Ben killed Jacob with a normal knife anyway?

Absolutely wonderful episode. (Even though a few things didn't make any sense). Still, easily one of the best of the entire show. Really hope the rest of Season 6 follows suit.

I hope all of you knobs that were whining about wanting answers are more satisfied now.

Just rewatched the ep and I noticed something rather odd.

How the **** did the ship crash into the statue? It was what seemed like a couple miles or so off shore and then POOF it's slammed through the statue and on the island?

I laughed so hard when Hurley said "Or we all go to hell" and then it cut to Locke as he turned to the camera.

How the **** did the ship crash into the statue? It was what seemed like a couple miles or so off shore and then POOF it's slammed through the statue and on the island?

this also bothered me

well they were in a storm and the show would feel much duller if they showed every second of what goes on. me thinks it was for dramatic effect. this is why they don't show the characters taking a shit or tying their shoes for so many seconds at a time.

I was more bothered by the fact that the wave must have been a good 40 feet high, and smashed a wooden ship through a stone statue, which somehow shattered the statue but left the ship completely intact. It felt kind of like the writers were saying "Oh shit, we never did decide what happened to the statue. Uh. Crap."

Well, the statue was probably fairly old as is and the fact that it was only being held up by a somewhat skinny stone leg leads me to believe that it's not that unlikely.

Those ships were pretty damn heavy too, heavy enough to topple a statue of that type atleast.

Yeah they really didn't need to explain that. They could have just made a fade to black and have the ship in the jungle, without the crashing into the statue thing. The statue could have been destroyed in any number of ways. Nothing that needed to be shown.

Also would it be safe to say that Richard is technically the very first "Other"?

While there had been others before Richard, I think it's safe to assume that the Man in Black / Smoke Monster killed them all. I think as far as the others as we know them, yes, he probably was the first.

Well, the statue was probably fairly old as is and the fact that it was only being held up by a somewhat skinny stone leg leads me to believe that it's not that unlikely.

Those ships were pretty damn heavy too, heavy enough to topple a statue of that type atleast.

I would also argue that the statue is probably very hollow.

So the first time we saw Jacob and the other guy... when they were looking at the boat on the beach... calm seas, sunny day, that wasn't the Black Rock?

It couldn't have been... even though there was no other reason for us to think it was anything but.

Maybe they changed it to make it more dramatic.

So the first time we saw Jacob and the other guy... when they were looking at the boat on the beach... calm seas, sunny day, that wasn't the Black Rock?

It couldn't have been... even though there was no other reason for us to think it was anything but.

Maybe they changed it to make it more dramatic.

im thinking time dilation, but i'm willing to be its just a continuity error. having the black rock be the cause of the statue's destruction though, awesome choice.

im thinking time dilation, but i'm willing to be its just a continuity error. having the black rock be the cause of the statue's destruction though, awesome choice.

but as said, it makes no sense whatsoever. sorry, wooden ship does not break stone. let's not even begin how absurd it looked suddenly so high up on the sea crashing into the statue. waves of that height are utterly ridiculous.

also ****ing howled with laughter at locke turning towards the screen.

I think it's pretty cool that the actor playing Jacob, beeing asked if he's the devil, plays the devil on supernatural.

Also it's not impossible that the statue whould breake from the ship. I just think that they didn't really need to come up with an explenation for why the statue was broken. I mean it's been there for hundreds of years.

For the guy who didn't want to go to hell, he sure as hell wanted to commit suicide badly.

tumblr_kzswspxcpz1qz8fzno1_1280.jpg

Some goon from SA made it.
Pretty nifty.

I was more bothered by the fact that the wave must have been a good 40 feet high, and smashed a wooden ship through a stone statue, which somehow shattered the statue but left the ship completely intact. It felt kind of like the writers were saying "Oh shit, we never did decide what happened to the statue. Uh. Crap."
Wooden ship, stone statue, plus many tons of water. I'm sure waves of that size would be able to smash a creaky old statue. Plus that storm didn't seem entirely natural.

Rogue Wave: Reported Encounters
-USS Ramapo (1933) – triangulated at 112 feet (34 m).

-RMS Queen Mary (1942) – broadsided by a 92-foot (28 m) wave and listed briefly about 52 degrees before slowly righting.

-SS Michelangelo (1966) – hole torn in superstructure, heavy glass smashed 80 feet (24 m) above the waterline, and 3 deaths.

-Draupner wave (North Sea, 1995) – First rogue wave confirmed with scientific evidence, it had a maximum height of 25.6 meters (84 ft).

-RMS Queen Elizabeth 2 – North Atlantic, September 1995, 29 meters (95 ft), during Hurricane Luis

-Fastnet Lighthouse Struck by 48m wave in 1985

-MS Bremen and Caledonian Star (South Atlantic, 2001) encountered 30-meter (98 ft) freak waves. Bridge windows on both ships were smashed, and all power and instrumentation lost. There was a video camera on the bridge recording the event.

I really couldn't care less about whether or not it's realistic, but guys...a 40ft wave in the ocean is totally plausible.

Alright episode.

Typical Jin and Sun really, it was entertaining and some mildly interesting things happened.

Brotha.

Back