Lost (Season 2) **MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS SEE AT YOUR OWN RISK**

I hope they get back to the Hurley listening to music while the camera pans along everyone soon.

They'll probably get back to it when they resolve whatever stories are going on right now.

Absinthe said:
And it keeps it up, it's going to bite itself in the ass.

Twin Peaks suffered similarly in that people eventually got tired of having no resolution every episode. People don't appreciate being treated as idiots, and if watching Lost becomes more of an annoyance than a pleasure, then I most certainly will stop wasting my time with it.
I was afraid of this before the new season, but this time around they're revealing major things every episode. They can create as many new twists as they want as long as they throw me a bone once in a while.

I think this most recent episode was the best this season. That video gave a ton of really great clues that help clear some things up, or at least hint at some feasible explanations for things

LOL a feasable explanation as to why a plane got pulled out of the sky and pretty much everyone onboard survived with little or no serious injuries??

craig said:
LOL a feasable explanation as to why a plane got pulled out of the sky and pretty much everyone onboard survived with little or no serious injuries??
I mean for the polar bears, the psychic stuff, Locke's legs being fixed, etc

I'm still just blown away by Jin speaking perfect english... and something tells me when it comes to be Jack's turn at watching the counter he's going to let it expire

Jin speaking perfect English strikes me as something bad. Not bad as in it sucks, but as in it means bad news for everybody else.

Just look at him in the preview clip. He's the calmest bastard in the world. I initially thought "shit, he's been part of this long beforehand", but I don't see how that would make any sense. My guess it's just one of those illusory mind-****s the island sometimes gives.

Icarusintel said:
I'm still just blown away by Jin speaking perfect english... and something tells me when it comes to be Jack's turn at watching the counter he's going to let it expire

That's what I would do as well. What's the worst that could happen?

Gunner said:
That's what I would do as well. What's the worst that could happen?

The world ends!

In all honesty, I'd keep pressing the button because it's the established status quo. Something might happen, something might not. Is it worth the risk? I don't think so. What's the harm in pressing a button now and then? Keep doing it while you investigate. When you feel you have sufficient reason to stop doing it, stop doing it.

I reckon the button will be pushed by a few characters we know, while others are obviously going to try and work out what the **** happens if you don't push it. Perhaps the security system goes crazy and kills everything on the island if it isn't pressed? I suppose Desmond might have tried to lure 815 to the island so that they would take over for him, because he's been doing it for a long time without anybody else.

Anybody notice the polar bears in the video reel?

Kangy said:
I reckon the button will be pushed by a few characters we know, while others are obviously going to try and work out what the **** happens if you don't push it. Perhaps the security system goes crazy and kills everything on the island if it isn't pressed? I suppose Desmond might have tried to lure 815 to the island so that they would take over for him, because he's been doing it for a long time without anybody else.

Anybody notice the polar bears in the video reel?
Yeah, that's when they mentioned the zoology studies
That shark is most likely part of those studies too

IonizeMyAtoms said:
Yeah, that's when they mentioned the zoology studies
That shark is most likely part of those studies too
The shark's logo didn't have a swan logo on it, which makes since, since "the swan" was just station 3, magnetism.

Kangy said:
I suppose Desmond might have tried to lure 815 to the island so that they would take over for him, because he's been doing it for a long time without anybody else.

I doubt it. He seemed to have no clue about the crash victims.

But yeah, the polar bears really stuck out in that video. So it at least hints at an explanation for their existence on the island... although you'd think they'd all be dead if left all alone like that.

One thing that annoyed me was that one of Jack's questions was never answered. You know, when he asks "Where are you getting your food from?". Come on, that would have been some instant explanations right there, but then they shrug it off. Jeez.

Food supplies could have lasted for 30 years, it's not entirely impossible.

But I'm more interested in the countdown thing, I really want to know what happens when they don't press it. They're probably going to focus on some other stuff on the next episode though, like Hurley hoarding all the food (you fat ****) and the rest of the passengers gone wild.

Absinthe said:
I doubt it. He seemed to have no clue about the crash victims.

True, perhaps it was not him, then, but the DHARMA Initiative, on his behalf? I wonder if this season will perhaps end up revealing more and more about the other stations (and their work) and how The Others (who stole Walt) are aligned?

I'm sorry, but I'm with Jack on this one. I think they should just let that damn timer count down to zero because I think it's all a mind game.

I might like to add that Rose is in the next episode titled 'everybody hates hugo' and Ana-Lucia was in the tail end of the plane (the same part Bernard was in (Rose's husband!)), so I wonder if he'll show up..

Yeah, I bet he is in that group. She did say she felt that he was still alive in S1, and they wouldn't include that for no reason.

I think I agree with Jack's POV that they need to figure out the science, but I also think pushing the button (keeping whatever threat out the way) until they figure out what it's doing makes more sense scientifically, as it could reveal more with less risk.

Kangy said:
I think I agree with Jack's POV that they need to figure out the science, but I also think pushing the button (keeping whatever threat out the way) until they figure out what it's doing makes more sense scientifically, as it could reveal more with less risk.

I don't see how Locke's position really contradicts that. Sure, he's a man of faith, but I think that's more in a grander scheme of things. He's never really implied "screw science".

Pushing the button only makes sense in the current situation. It's not worth the risk to not do so. The button serves a purpose regardless of wether any tangible effects are noticeable. Keep it going until you have every reasonable means to conclude it's safe to stop. If we've learned anything from the show, it's two things.

1.) The island is not to be ****ed with.
2.) Locke seems to have a better sense of it than anybody else.

Absinthe said:
I don't see how Locke's position really contradicts that. Sure, he's a man of faith, but I think that's more in a grander scheme of things. He's never really implied "screw science".

I'd say he sorta implied it when he decided he wanted to fall down the hole with the monster, which had killed the pilot beforehand. He's never put it bluntly, but I don't think Locke's really got the time for real science, just gut actions and mysticism.

Just watched the 3 episode of season 2.

The chinese dude speaks English?

Lockes chick is Leela from Futurama?

People think that it's Jin's actor that speaks at the end, not Jin.

Ooo right, I guess that makes sence now.:afro:

The_Monkey said:
People think that it's Jin's actor that speaks at the end, not Jin.
i definitely think it's Jin, but I'm wondering if it might not be from a flashback that uses English instead of Korean

3vil said:
Just watched the 3 episode of season 2.

The chinese dude speaks English?

Lockes chick is Leela from Futurama?

I would have said Al's wife but Leela from Futurama is okay too (or even Hyde's mom from that 70's show). :LOL:

Gunner said:
I would have said Al's wife but Leela from Futurama is okay too (or even Hyde's mom from that 70's show). :LOL:
Al Bundy's wife from Married With Children??? That's who I thought it was too. That show ruled, it gets repeated over here sometimes.

Anyway, that's interesting about it maybe being the actor who plays Jin commenting on the next episode. I'm not sure though.

Wait, I just thought of something, They don't intend on ending the episode with mystery, Just think, If they ended the episode ANYWHERE In between, It would feel like they ended it with mystery, The show just has non-stop mystery... It's just like that...

Who's betting the Jin comment will be what he says at the very end of the next episode, just to keep everyone guessing a little longer... heh.

craig said:
Who's betting the Jin comment will be what he says at the very end of the next episode, just to keep everyone guessing a little longer... heh.
wouldn't surprise me, they love to cock tease

I'm still trying to figure out how Jin managed to get back to the island. At first I thought it wasn't Jin and maybe an island hallucination thing (like Walt and Jack's father appearing out of nowhere), but then I saw he was still wearing the handcuff. :p

Also, does anyone think that people from Ethan's camp may have attacked the Anna-Lucia tribe earlier? Could that be why they captured Micheal, Jin and Sawyer? Because they were believed to be invaders coming from the water (like Ethan when he killed Scott)?

Also, I found it interesting how Jack's discussion in the forest with Desmond mirrors Locke's conversation with Jack in episode 5. Only instead of Locke providing the faith argument it was Jack basing his rationale on science.

I don't think we'll ever find out how Jin made it back before Sawyer and Michael, but it's probably safe to assume he hitched a ride on the shark.... I mean floated to shore faster than the other two on a piece of the reckage (maybe he somehow got snagged on the pirates boat?).

Nobody seen episode 4 yet? I guess everyone's at school/college/uni right now.

I'll be watching it tonight at 9pm or so.

Probably my least favourite episode of the series thusfar for the simple fact that nothing really happened.

As expected the whole 'Jin speaking English' thing was Hurley daydreaming and nothing more... shame!

The Ana-Lucia charachter is really starting to piss me off for the simple fact that she keeps telling people to be quiet, and she's this stereotypical angry bitch, etc.. I mean since when did she become el dictator??

It's nice that we've finally seen Bernard and he's okay and it's also really good that he's a white man. There are very few couples on TV that come from different races, which doesn't really reflect society very well.. and his response to finding out Rose was alive was really genuine too.

I wonder if the second group of people are behind the concrete that is splitting the compound in two.. and maybe that's the reason that theres only a handfull left rather than the 20 something.. it'll be interesting to find out (but it will probably be drawn out to the series finale).

All in all it feels like Lost has 'lost' it's way.. episodes just drift from one to the next with nothing really much happening of late.. hopefully it'll find it's feet again, but you can tell that ABC knows it's onto a good thing and they're milking it for all it's worth.

I found this the best episode of the season. People complains that nothing happend, but for the last three episode, so much has happened, they can't have the same pace all season. This episode we took part of the acters, rather than actions, which is the way I want it.

I know why I'm thinking the second season is slow paced, it's because I downloaded the whole first season and watched it in just three days. Now that I have to wait a week for each new episode, I feel like it's too short and nothing is happening. Oh and Charlie is such a douchebag: "gimme me peanut butter so I can bag the blonde chick"... lame!

Gunner said:
I know why I'm thinking the second season is slow paced, it's because I downloaded the whole first season and watched it in just three days. Now that I have to wait a week for each new episode, I feel like it's too short and nothing is happening.

Oooh, you might be onto something there.

I kinda didn't 'get' at first Hurleys talk with jack at the end...

H: 'Jack, the inventory is done. This is the only way'

J: 'Are you serious?'

H: 'Dude, theres enough food in there to feed one guy three meals a day for another three months. We have fourty people, it's just not gonna work... look you put me incharge this is what we're doing.'

J: 'Okay'

At first I was thinking "eh, Jack just okayed it for Hurley to blow up the food" and then I saw them all spurging and thought "ah!"

Back