Resident Evil Series general discussion

Maybe not, but a series that never changes gets stale. Look at Final Fantasy - dull and predictable. Now SquareEnix have revamped the combat and everyone is happy again.

I've played all the games except RE 0, and the only one I haven't played is REmake.
It's sitting in my Gamecube now.
It's so scary, I am terrified out of my mind when I play it, it's the scariest Resident Evil by far in my opinion.

P.S. I agree Samon, RE4 didn't feel like a RE game. It was great, but it had very little to do with RE.

i thought RE4 is out on the 3rd of June, ? (PC)

Warbie said:
Maybe not, but a series that never changes gets stale. Look at Final Fantasy - dull and predictable. Now SquareEnix have revamped the combat and everyone is happy again.

Perhaps, but you can hardly justify such a radical change because they were unable to take the original gameplay to a new level? It's just not justifiable.

VortigauntLover said:
P.S. I agree Samon, RE4 didn't feel like a RE game. It was great, but it had very little to do with RE.

Take that Warbs! :E

woohoo \o/

I think Deus is a very smart individual.

weskerQ8 said:
are you serious !!!
man you are completely wrong, the game needs five year to be finished since the first news of it ( really can't find a word to fit it , my english is poor :p )

man the game will be released maybe 2010 or more

I'd put that "Wrong!" image up but i dunno what it is or where it is :p <3

VortigauntLover said:

what is it with you people !!

Warbie said:

Legend of Zelda is one of the most non-changing series ever created...yet it still manages to be fresh every time.

I would prefer playing back the oldies,

RE1, 2 and 3.

That's all my favourite games. I hope RE5 brings back the old storylines that Shinji Mikami had destroyed.

Darksabre said:
Legend of Zelda is one of the most non-changing series ever created...yet it still manages to be fresh every time.
Well the core gameplay of zelda is a very small part of the game, it's the core but every time n put's a lot of original gameplay elements around it, like the masks in majora's mask and all the other items. So the core gameplay just forms a basis for all kinds of wacky and silly items that let you defy the rules of the game and have to be used in interesting ways. Thats why for most people the game remains fresh, for me, well I like new IP's new worlds, new chars.

With RE the core gameplay is pretty much what you use the whole game.

Resident evil 5 third-person shooter.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Resident_Evil_5

Producer would be Jun Takeuchi in this one. I didn't see Mikami's name on it, I wonder why but it will do good to the project if he's not here, otherwise he will make the matters worse by changing something into things that are not related to the RE series just like RE 4.

Keiji Inafune would be involved in the project too.

I like shinji Mikami, he has made some great games. On the other hand I hate fanboy's who somehow think they know better what a game should be then the man who first thought it up.
It's like fans who think they know bettert hen the coach what a soccer team should do.

And you shouldn't be so happy with Jun Takeuchi, he's probably more pro action then mikami ever was.
http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,47331/

These are the elements that are important in games:

Storyline (most important if it's in a series, otherwise players would be confused)

Gameplay (Also the most important one.)

Darksabre said:

I disagree, in the move to 3d the game mechanics changed a great deal - compare LttP with OoT and you'll notice a huge difference. The fact that it still felt like a Zelda game is one of Nintendo's biggest achievements (the same with Mario 64)

RE4 is a superb game (GOTY imo), but it didn't capture the essence of the original Resident Evil in the same way that OoT did to previous Zelda titles. Capcom failed a little here - the question is whether they can make up for this in no.5.

I bet even the people who weren't that fond of RE4 are excited by the prospect of more of the same, but with more scares and 'proper' zombies.

With all this discussion of RE, i've decided to dig out my Cube from under me bed, set it up and as from 22:10 tonight i'm going to start on Resident Evil 0 and play through all the way too RE4, however i will need to buy 3 for the cube as i only had it on PC and can't remember where i put it, gonna be putting em all on highest difficulty possible, wish me luck :D

(Of course i don't mean all in one night btw, but you get my drift ;) )

I really should finish RE0, maybe just to see and hear more of that adorable Rebecca :)

I just completed Resident Evil: DS on Classic Mode (Playstation version, basically). I must admit that the game hasn't aged very well - the controls are awkward and it's so easy to just run past lots of enemies - but I absolutely love the way ammo is incredibly scarce and you have to scavange for everything. Plus the B-movie videos are great :D

I beat the game in about 5 hours, and kept both Barry and Chris alive. I've heard you get a rocket launcher if you beat the game in 3 hours. Is it worth it?

What is a rebirth mode? In DS. I never ever played the DS version.

Is rebirth mode the version on GC?

Suicide42 said:
I just completed Resident Evil: DS on Classic Mode (Playstation version, basically). I must admit that the game hasn't aged very well - the controls are awkward and it's so easy to just run past lots of enemies - but I absolutely love the way ammo is incredibly scarce and you have to scavange for everything. Plus the B-movie videos are great :D

I beat the game in about 5 hours, and kept both Barry and Chris alive. I've heard you get a rocket launcher if you beat the game in 3 hours. Is it worth it?

I remember you get the Rocket Launcher if you did the same thing or slightly different on the GC version, from what i remember it was worth it for an amusing run through a 2nd time :p

Double_Blade said:
What is a rebirth mode? In DS. I never ever played the DS version.

Is rebirth mode the version on GC?
No, good luck getting something that looks even close to the GC vers running on the DS..
It's merely RE1 with recoded puzzles etc to take advantage off the extra screen and extra controls etc..

Gargantou said:
No, good luck getting something that looks even close to the GC vers running on the DS..
It's merely RE1 with recoded puzzles etc to take advantage off the extra screen and extra controls etc..

Oh, thanks.

Actually the remake could have released in PC or even playstation series or something.

Mikami is such a pain in the ass. It's good that he created the series until he created this rip off RE4.

Surely thats been said enough this thread already :p .. wheres all the happy thoughts and the lil squirrels doing a happy dance ? :(

Samon said:
Yeah Mikami sucks. :p

I agree... I mean I love Mikami for creating RE 1, 2 and 3.

I love the RE4 too, but it seriously disappoints when compared to the RE 1, 2 and 3.

Double_Blade said:
I agree... I mean I love Mikami for creating RE 1, 2 and 3.

I love the RE4 too, but it seriously disappoints when compared to the RE 1, 2 and 3.

He had nothing to do with 2, or 3 as far as I know.

Samon said:
He had nothing to do with 2, or 3 as far as I know.
Err.. Here's his credits.. Resident Evil 1, director, Resident Evil 2, game producer, Resident Evil 3, producer and Resident Evil Code: Veronica, also producer.

Hey, anyone of you guys looking forward to fan-made RE games? In forms of HL2 mods? Anyone?

Double_Blade said:
Mikami is such a pain in the ass. It's good that he created the series until he created this rip off RE4.
Yeah, the nerve of him taking a different direction with his own intellectual property.

What an asshole.

Gargantou said:
Err.. Here's his credits.. Resident Evil 1, director, Resident Evil 2, game producer, Resident Evil 3, producer and Resident Evil Code: Veronica, also producer.

Technically he wasn't involved in RE2. He's there because he's the series creator I'm sure of it..

Sparta said:
Yeah, the nerve of him taking a different direction with his own intellectual property.

What an asshole.

I agree. :E
Though, that doesn't mean it's the right direction. :p

Samon said:
Double Blade, do you even know which side you agree with :p ?!
Perhaps he's trying to manipulate both sides in order to conquer the world when they bomb eachother to hell!!:LOL:

Back