Secret Santa Discussion 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
to whoever is my secret santa,I dont really care about my wishlist and will accept everything as long as it dont suck that much

Don't worry RJMC, I'm getting you Bejeweled 3!

Just in case my secret santa is listening, my wishlist is not in any particular order, I just add as I find a game that looks interesting

Also is the Steam store a bit sluggish to you? I'm trying to create a cart out of all the special deals that I think my reciever will appreiciate.

I add as I find as well. Also, I hope I get a plethora of cheap Indie awesome games. As long as I find them fun, I don't care the expense really.

RJMC: Ace is just going to intercept your gift before you get it, and swap it for bejeweled 3 and keep the actual gift for himself. Hes an ass.

It makes sense. Jet fighter pilot to intercept Santa. Weeabooness to have no respect for the western traditions and thus be willing to do so.

Excellent, I managed to gift four games for the price of the Initial release of the Orange Box. I should of aptly named it the rainbow coloured chest

Yes I have yours Krynn.

Great to see them flooding in now the sale has begun, some very generous people who are buying several gifts for their santee. You guys are going to have too many games to play this christmas.

The buy guide seems to be down. All I get is a Error 404 - Not Found.

When he linked it in the PM he linked the shortened version.. go to the link at the beginning of this thread.

Holy crapoly. Steam sale. Buying prezzies now.

[edit] Also I just realized, it kinda sucks if some games you want are on sale but you miss out on buying them for yourself because you're waiting to see if your Santa got them for you?

(Half the stuff on my wishlist is like... < $3 now)

[edit2] On second thought, maybe it's better this way. Keeps me from over-purchasing things for myself. :)

I'm scared to buy anything in the sale in case I get it from my secret santa! :O

Looking forward to see what I get though :)

I have a questiong

my steam payment info is empty when I went to buy

I changed my password some days ago,it was because of that?

I just bagged FEAR2 for £2.49. It wasn't on my wishlist so I decided to buy it.

^^^Haha, I kinda wish I had made a shorter wishlist now. :p

Sent mine. That was relatively quick and painless.

I have a questiong

my steam payment info is empty when I went to buy

I changed my password some days ago,it was because of that?

D'you mean the game doesn't show up, or just your credit card/paypal info wasn't auto-filled?
I had problems where the purchase page simply wouldn't load inside the Steam app, so I had to get on firefox and buy through their website.
If it's just that your credit card info isn't in there -- can't you just fill it in again?

My christmas shoping is officially done. Can you confirm Glenn?

My christmas shoping is officially done. Can you confirm Glenn?

This would be most useful if you could confirm everyone who has sent their's in, please. Thank you Glenny.

^^^Haha, I kinda wish I had made a shorter wishlist now. :p

Sent mine. That was relatively quick and painless.

D'you mean the game doesn't show up, or just your credit card/paypal info wasn't auto-filled?
I had problems where the purchase page simply wouldn't load inside the Steam app, so I had to get on firefox and buy through their website.
If it's just that your credit card info isn't in there -- can't you just fill it in again?

yeah the credit card info and that stuff is not auto filled

to whoever is my secret santa,I dont really care about my wishlist and will accept everything as long as it dont suck that much

Would still help to list for whoever your secret santa is what you want. Or what games you already have so they don't go buying duplicate gifts.

well they can see my list of games

I would like some roleplaying kinda game

also will wait till the steam support tell me if there is nothing wrong whit my account thing to buy the gift

I'm scared to buy anything in the sale in case I get it from my secret santa! :O
The exact problem I'm running into. I don't know if I should buy the FEAR pack or not!

Whoever is my Santa (Or Glenn, if that's against the rules): I don't mind being told if you have or will in the future buy something that's not the FEAR pack!

SS: I will deliberately not be buying anything* on my wishlist for your convenience.

The person I'm SS for (THIS COULD BE ANY OF YOU): I'd be sure my wishlist was ranked by priority, so I won't pass on a deal that might provide the best happiness to cheap ratio.

*I will immediately buy the original COD or Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines if they go on sale. They'd probably be silly cheap anyway, based on their age/obscurity. I've never ever seen them go on sale, so I won't bother you with waiting on the off chance they might, nor will I miss the opportunity should it come.

If my secret santa is watching, I do not mind if you don't buy things on my wishlist. As long as they're good games. Just make sure they're not strategy games or have turn based gameplay.

Edit: And as long as I don't own them on steam!

Double Edit: Also Glenn can you confirm you recieved my email?

The exact problem I'm running into. I don't know if I should buy the FEAR pack or not!

Whoever is my Santa (Or Glenn, if that's against the rules): I don't mind being told if you have or will in the future buy something that's not the FEAR pack!
I can't say if your santa has bought you anything yet or not for obvious reasons. I also can't tell what the game is from the link (unless stated in the email). So I can't really help you there. I would recommend that you don't buy it though, since your secret santa is actively watching this thread and if it was on your watchlist it would be logical for your SS go down this route.
yeah the credit card info and that stuff is not auto filled
It doesn't always get saved, I think it may get deleted if you change some personal details.
This would be most useful if you could confirm everyone who has sent their's in, please. Thank you Glenny.
Your wish is my command!

Current list of cool people (will put in OP too):

Eejit
Dekstar
Shamrock
Rizzo
dfc05
Acepilot14
Krynn72
DEATH eVADER
Vegeta897
dabomb29
morgs
CyberPitz
Ren.182
DigiQ8
Mellish
Escape
Tyguy
Sloth
Sheepo

Sent. Wasn't expecting everyone to act so fast, damn peer pressure got me.

Hm... If my SS hasn't acted upon it yet, I would definitely like Black Ops if it hits a reasonable price, but of course I know it's new and it's a COD game so I shouldn't expect it to go lower than $50. :p

Just gifted and emailed Glenn.

Just in case people didn't notice: the Steam sale goes through to January 2nd, while SS gifts should go out on December 31st. That gives you a couple days to grab other things on your wishlist if they're on sale, so hold off on buying for yourself until then to avoid doubling up if you can. As for daily deals... well, those are at the discretion of the gifter, but it wouldn't hurt to take them off your wishlist if you're planning on getting them I guess. Anyway, hopefully things go off without a hitch, for Glenn's sake as much as ours. :p

Also sent, confirmation Glenn?

Also, I know that the new date was like the 27th or something but if everyone has their gift sent in beforehand, perhaps it's possible to do it sooner since that will allow more time to buy other things for ourselves (instead of hoping to not buy duplicates?)

Worth mentioning for downloads in general:

G9Aph.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back