Spitcodfry: Gabe Email For You!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Aye, for sure this thread is gonna get very interesting !

[speculation]
HL2 'Goes Gold' and a fan gets the 'Big Scoop', then gets the 'Thumbs Up' from Gabe to tell the whole world !
[/speculation]

Now that would be class !

:)

also ask him about nivida "off the books" to see how he feels about them, lol I would love to see his respone to that.

Re: Re: nice...

Alright dudes...I've got about an hour and a half before my tour...I'm gonna go stock up on film for my camera now...but I will certainly be back

Travel well, sir.

Originally posted by el Chi
Actually, that'd be the best display of Valve's commitment to the community!
Press: "Can we have some more info please?"
Valve: <Silence>
Singular stalker-esque fan: "Can I come visit?"
Valve: "Yeah sure why not?"

Brilliant.

Definately funny. But I think Spit is on the level.
Spit isn't just a stray fan, but a consistant part of the hl.net community. By giving a tour to a long term fan who had the stones to actually go to their offices, Valve gains respect and enthusiam and buzz for their company and upcoming product. It's a valid form of marketing and consumer relations.

crumbles.

and also get an authentic release date. and ask him to treat you to lunch or sumtin lol

Spitcodfry, remember that Gabe is tha Evil!

Try to show that you dont care that much for HL2, just a bit.
Gabe enjoys to make people suffer and die from the hypeustosis.

Would be cool to give them something, that we can express our thanks with :- (

Originally posted by spitcodfry
Alright dudes...I've got about an hour and a half before my tour...I'm gonna go stock up on film for my camera now...but I will certainly be back

film!?!? i thought digital O_O!?'

heh, if you can, you definitely want a digital camera (heh, uploadable heh) because getting the pics developed and scanning them would be a pain.

i guess you could take a film camera too, but dont forget digital hehe

Originally posted by Dile
Would be cool to give them something, that we can express our thanks with :- (

Yea, givem a dozen roses or sumtin. With a thank you card, and a box of Russel Stovers chocolates.

my first post:

this could be looked at two ways. 1) the game is done and they're in high spirits which is why they have time and willingness to entertain one fan or 2) this is just a way to seem really cool and get on the fan's good side before telling us there's a two month delay. hope its 1

an hour and a half and then you go and see him...all i can say is... "i believed in you the whole way man.......so if u ever get a t-shirt, mug, movie clip cd.....i will give you my address and jus post it FIRST CLASS to me..............." LOL JAMMY GIT

Ask Gabe what he thinks of nVidia messing HL2 up, and take a quick snap of his face right after.

ok remeber dont run in there as a drooling fan-boy, have some self respect.

dont act like u know them personally, give them respect. Mr.Newell and so on.

be polite.

im sure u had all these things in mind, but just a lil thing to refresh your memory.

i wish i was there. have a great time.

Tis is by far the neatest thing thats ever happened on this message board. Good luck to you on your visit and cant wait to see what you bring back.

What a nice change from delay threads and trolls. Just proves that valve really are good guys and care.

If they won't say whether the game has gone gold or not, Smell them.

If they smell nice it's gone gold and they've had a shower.

If they smell awful, it's still crunch time.

naa...don't say MR.NEWELL.....say "SIR" to every man there.

"thanks SIR" and all that.

mam, Miss, to the ladies

Originally posted by Feath

lol

Originally posted by indocomplexity
film!?!? i thought digital O_O!?'

heh, if you can, you definitely want a digital camera (heh, uploadable heh) because getting the pics developed and scanning them would be a pain.

i guess you could take a film camera too, but dont forget digital hehe

He might not have a digital camera, folks.... Believe it or not, some people still don't have them. He can get traditional photos developed same day onto disk though.

How about this: if you don't have a digital camera, get one. Just buy it. The easiest one to use.

You'll use it later in life, trust me.

crumbles.

Originally posted by Feath

lol go Feath :cheese:

gotta admit.. this is good for valve. Care's for thier fans!

great job Spit....I'm excited not only about what you're going in to do, but the fact that you've brought life back into these boards and gave people hope and positive vibes. Congrats, it was getting depressing as I lurked ;)

It WOULD be quite interesting if this is how VALVe decided to announce to the world it's Gold/done.

Because they are so extremely good about dealing with fans and the HL community, it really wouldn't be shocking if they did it this way. And it would also be a slap to the people/stores saying it was delayed while also giving a pat on the back as well as a "thank you" to the fans and a who believed in them the whole time.

hmmm

man... and to believe, heh, this all started with 'while i was walking back to my car....' lol

Originally posted by Harpua
or 2) this is just a way to seem really cool and get on the fan's good side before telling us there's a two month delay. hope its 1

Arghh... Don't SAAAAYYY that. It could be true!

crumbles.

Originally posted by commando
naa...don't say MR.NEWELL.....say "SIR" to every man there.

"thanks SIR" and all that.

mam, Miss, to the ladies

I say he should bow to his knees and kiss their feet at everything they say.

Originally posted by eclipxe
great job Spit....I'm excited not only about what you're going in to do, but the fact that you've brought life back into these boards and gave people hope and positive vibes. Congrats, it was getting depressing as I lurked ;)

very very true! i feel good and trust the late sept 30th, oct 1st.

Originally posted by Someone
It WOULD be quite interesting if this is how VALVe decided to announce to the world it's Gold/done.

Because they are so extremely good about dealing with fans and the HL community, it really wouldn't be shocking if they did it this way. And it would also be a slap to the people/stores saying it was delayed while also giving a pat on the back as well as a "thank you" to the fans and a who believed in them the whole time.

hmmm

They've been waiting all this time for that "one good kid" with the guts to come foward!

crumbles.

Congrats Spitcodefry; you should get an award, like "Nerd of the Year", or "Stalker Supreme", or something like that.

(and I'm awfully jealous!) :(

lol lol "bow and kiss thier feet" nice one.

yea it is so strange that this thread might not of happened...what if spitcodfry didn't turn his head, to see a party happening. or even thought nothing was goin on and didn't post it...FATE lol

Originally posted by commando
lol lol "bow and kiss thier feet" nice one.

yea it is so strange that this thread might not of happened...what if spitcodfry didn't turn his head, to see a party happening. or even thought nothing was goin on and didn't post it...FATE lol

O_O thatd be... O_O TERRIBLE!

crumbles...why do u ALWAYS put your name at the end of your post? we can see your name above your avator you know man lol

If he gets cool things, i will be making the rounds near Valve, along with other thousands of kiddies!!

one small step for spitcodfry, one giant leap for the HL2 community....

Originally posted by Typhon
one small step for spitcodfry, one giant leap for the HL2 community....

.............and the big smiles on our faces

Originally posted by spitcodfry
totally dudes...im gonna bring my digital camera with the snapshot feature so i can take tons of pics and load em on my comp via firewire right away

there you ahve it, so dont worry guys, they will be up about 20 minutes after he gets home

:cheers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back