Half-Life 2 Delay Discussion Thread

you spoiled little ****er. My parents wont give me shit. I hate you.

well im starting my first year of college so its going to be extra hard for me ;(

Originally posted by sayam
well im starting my first year of college so its going to be extra hard for me ;(

extra hard for you? you're in for a surprise. My first year of college was when a almost became terminally addicted to computer games. you'll have more game time than you know what to do with. And you'll also realize that if you don't bother buying a couple of your crappier textbooks everything will be fine and youll be $150 richer...if you live in the states, that is.

EDIT: And boy, get yourself a new video card for that monster rig. You're doing yourself a disservice.

Originally posted by sayam

Kinda OT, but:
I majored in Honors Computer Science @ a well known engineering school last year ... big mistake!

1) Unsociable classmates - check
2) 3 years of pointless math in front of me ... I might as well have double-majored in math - check
3) An "experiment" by the new Course Admin to give us midterms with 90% of material not covered in class - check

Needless to say, my first semester was depressing. I've since switched majors, and I'm a happy incoming sophomore :) Oh, and I will finally have free time to play HL-2 this fall! :)

Basically, I'm just trying to say that it may be tough for the first few months. You'll get used to it, and maybe you'll discover that your life-long ambition wasn't all it was cracked up to be :)

I hope your right ... and I know my video card sucks but i have to decide which card I want to buy, and save up for it .. OMG MY BIRTHDAY IS SOON ... you know what that means? don't you? ... MONEY, MONEY, MONEY !

But if you have a suggestion for a video card PM me please

Besides gamespot, gamepro, phl, etc...
Where is the *official news* from VU?

>Br@d

I'm only gonna believe Vave on this one, not PHL or GameSpy, or IGN...or anyone else.

Resitance is futile.....:borg:

i wouldnt mind a delay until christmas time, i mean itd piss me off for a bit, but i need the christmas time cash flow to buy myself whatever a top o da line video card is in december.

I think the important thing to remember here, is that all of these websites are reporting this news second, or third hand.

Because one website said it was confirmed, the rest of them have news that it was confirmed, and now there are two websites saying it, so it seems all the more official for the 3rd website to add it. etc.

Adam

again another stupid question of yours Gordon.

Yes, no1 knows

Originally posted by Rambo
again another stupid question of yours Gordon.

Yes, no1 knows

Rambo: your name only mentally ill bitches use it,
And I was asking if anybody knows a new info, OK.

:flame:

Originally posted by Gorgon
Rambo: your name only mentally ill bitches use it,
And I was asking if anybody knows a new info, OK.

:flame:

Not flaming...but I'm sure that if somebody knew something new, they would have posted it...

Originally posted by Gorgon
volvo did not release full information such as what multi the game will have ... so on, becuase they know they are going to release it in xmaz, so there going to be time in the future to release the information for the fans.

In other words we need to wait for Gabe to tell us whats really happend?

do you agree?:cool:

Im sorry this just was odd......Volvo is a car company.........Valve is a gaming company....i think you meant Valve not Volvo......:afro:

Originally posted by trantjd
Not flaming...but I'm sure that if somebody knew something new, they would have posted it...

YO DUD I always ask nicly and some duds start to flame me without any reasons:borg:

Originally posted by Trogdor
Im sorry this just was odd......Volvo is a car company.........Valve is a gaming company....i think you meant Valve not Volvo......:afro:

yep mistyping:cheese:

I sure hope something gets straighten up by tonight or tomorrow....i want to know for sure this is offical :borg:

Here is my revised take on this:

1. Gamespot called VU and talked to somebody who picked up the phone. Since they only said it was an anonymous source, it could have been ANYONE. It could have even been a secretary! (erm .. executive assistant .. damn you PC!)

2. Once people saw one news post about it on a reputable site, everybody copied it (duh). Just do a search on Google News. The more sites posted it, the more "official" it became. It's like a snowball effect.

3. According to various emails, including the one from Spiffae, neither Gabe or VU ever heard of any delay. Which is surprising at the very least.

So this is just a weirdo example of how the internet can skew and distort things, nothing more. :)

My theory is Viv. said something they weren't going to make public yet.

Valve didn't know about it.

They're currently fighting over it and so we haven't heard an official reply yet.

/me starts cheerleading for Valve.
GO VALVE. UPPERCUT MAN UPPERCUT!
KICK THEIR BUTTS!!!!1111

I'm guessing this is all one big rumor. But, you have to remember to, that if Halflife 2 came out in the holiday season, that would be the christmas gift everybody would want.They potienally could sell more copies if it was December and not September. But, I trust in Valve to stay with it's word.

10 bucks says Ahnteis is right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What we need is a full statement from the mouth of Valve/Viv.!

I'm tired of all of these "hit wanting" sites claiming "reliable sources blah blah anonymous".

We still haven't heard anything from the actual people/companies.

The delay isn't whats killing me, its the "possiblity" of a delay!!

Is it or isn't it?! Just come out and say it!:flame:

leave it to valve to totally hype something up and then leave you hanging forever. *cough* TF2 *cough*

this bites!

Originally posted by Jackl
What we need is a full statement from the mouth of Valve/Viv.!

I'm tired of all of these "hit wanting" sites claiming "reliable sources blah blah anonymous".

We still haven't heard anything from the actual people/companies.

The delay isn't whats killing me, its the "possiblity" of a delay!!

Is it or isn't it?! Just come out and say it!:flame:

It is, Iam with you all the way...:cheese:

Now I'm not about to read all of the 13 pages in this thread so this might have been mentioned before (sorry if I repeat) ...

If HL2 is delayed because of Vivendi Universal and if Valve actually have it ready for Sep 30, what's to stop Valve from releasing it over Steam on Sep 30?

Valve owns Steam right??

Originally posted by Piddy
Now I'm not about to read all of the 13 pages in this thread so this might have been mentioned before (sorry if I repeat) ...

If HL2 is delayed because of Vivendi Universal and if Valve actually have it ready for Sep 30, what's to stop Valve from releasing it over Steam on Sep 30?

Valve owns Steam right??

well...this is just a guess but Valve probably has a contract and in that contract somewhere there may be a part where it says something to the effect of "Valve agrees to terms with VU to only release HL2 over steam <3> days before the retail release of the game"

of course this guess of mine is just a vague description of what they might have.. so if Valve doesn't release HL2 over steam when they(Valve) is ready, then at least HL fans can give Valve the benefit of the doubt..

Well, it's not a total shock. I can't remember Valve ever getting there games out on the aspected release date. They will learn....I hope. :eek:

Maybe this is the plan so we have to DL the game form steam or wait another whole month.

I can go on holiday next week if valve would accept that?

I'd rather wait 1 or 2 months if it is then completely bug free and really enjoyable :)
they don't just delay a game because it makes fun, they have a reason for it...

Uh oh

This is never a good sign.

Ebgames just posted a new ship date of 11/19, from a date of 9/30. :eek:

EBGames - Halflife2

Now don't get me wrong. I've seen EB be wrong by a day or two, but 99% of the time they are right on the money. Again this could just be the publisher talking to them, who knows. I've only seen EB totally fubar one game date, Baldur's Gate 2.

This does not bode well. Still waiting to hear for ya Gabe. The natives are getting restless.

GibMonkey
[email protected]

About the delay...

I haven't been here for a while but in case someone is still pondering on if there's really a delay on the release of Half-Life 2 or not. here's something that might shed some light on it all:

A guy posted the following on the swedish gamingsite www.gamingeye.com:

http://198.53.251.199/pics/gabe.jpg

&
Hi Gabe,

First off, looking forward too your great game. I can't wait to get my grubby hands on it.

Now the question the IRC channel wanted to know:
Is this true?:
http://www.gamepro.com/computer/pc/...ews/30492.shtml
That's about it
Thanks a lot!

First time I've heard about it.

Back