Lost season III *spoilers*

Like when he let Michael go.

Ah, but has he? As far as we know, anything could of happened to them, something that's been set up by them to intercept them or something.

... unless, we knew what happened to them in the last episode, which I haven't seen yet. If so, then never mind.

I doubt we've seen the last of Michael and Walt. Don't think the others are the type to let people go so easily. Sure Ben may let Jack, Kate and Sawyer go back to their people... but they'd still be on the island, so technially, they aint gone yet.

I think we'll see Michael and Walt again sometime soon.

13 week break is going to suck :(

I don't think we'll be seeing much of walt, They got rid of him because he no longer looks ten(his age on the show). Remember it's only been about 70 days on the island but he's aged 3 years in RL. By day 100 he'll have aged 5 years probably.

Wow, I did not know that Nathan Fillion was in Saving Private Ryan. Looking at the pic of him as the first Pvt. Ryan, I can't believe I didn't notice.

ahem.

Wow, I did not know that Nathan Fillion was in Saving Private Ryan. Looking at the pic of him as the first Pvt. Ryan, I can't believe I didn't notice.

ahem.

Ah! Now you mention it!

Anyhoo, that was a damn fine episode. But 13 ****ing weeks? Jeez.

Ah! Now you mention it!

Anyhoo, that was a damn fine episode. But 13 ****ing weeks? Jeez.

And that 13 week hiatus ends tonight, gick.

Overall the third season so far has been a HUGE disappointment IMO, I thought, despite some minor set backs, that the first two seasons were brilliant and that LOST was the only network Drama that could really hold it's own against landmark series from HBO(sopranos, 6 feet under, the wire etc).

The writer's seem to have written themselves into a giant corner and have no idea how to get out and whats even worse is that they are recycling old ideas( Another guy....in another hatch.....this time.....he has an eye patch, hard ****ing core!!!) The only great episode from this season so far was the one where Lock saves Echo, which turns out to be futile because they off him the next episode.

Hopefully this series can turn itself around.

10 quid that Jack finds out that the island hes on, is secretly on another island.

I think Season 3's first couple of episodes have been more setting the stage for what's coming, so most of it has just been exposition and putting the playing pieces together after everything got turned over at the end of Season 2.

The thing is, I think the explanations so far have been pretty half-assed, One example is the killing of Echo so Lock could look at his stick, I know the island/fate is supposed to be mysterious, but is it blood thirsty as well? They could've found a much better way for john to look north.

I think they need to do something drastic and reduce the amount of flashbacks, we know enough about these characters and the last 6 have transformed their personalities from tortured souls into irrational hotheads. I think they should either A, find stories that are as interesting as the first 2 seasons, B, Limit them only to new characters, C, Cut them out altogether( we know plenty about everyone as of now) or D, have one every few episodes.

The thing is, I think the explanations so far have been pretty half-assed, One example is the killing of Echo so Lock could look at his stick, I know the island/fate is supposed to be mysterious, but is it blood thirsty as well? They could've found a much better way for john to look north.

I thought that was kind of cute actually. Eko warns Locke that he's 'next' and then the stick ends up pointing Locke towards certain danger anyway. :p

Also, has anyone noticed that the numbers on the stick "3:05" match the compas coordinates that Michael was given during the Season 2 finale?

I'm actually preferring this season to season 2. Season 2 started good, then went pretty dull and the episodes became pretty predictable, both in flashbacks and on the island then the few final 3/4 were awesome.

But, I can't actually compare seasons, as we've only seen 6 (or is it 5? Curse you, 13 weeks!) episodes and I'm comparing it to a 20 something season. Silly of me, but whatever.

Should have the new Lost for Friday, alongside new 24 and Prison Break. Wooo!

I think its just such a broad show in terms of subjects and characters that not everyone is going to be excited about everything, but it all averages out to being good anyway.

Not to "spoil" anything, but for the record Eko's character was never supposed to even live beyond Season 2, however they were able to convince him to stay on for a few more episodes so they could do it right.

I'm not angry that he died, im angry at why he died. Also, they wasted an entire episode tracking him down just so they could kill him in the next one, pretty counter productive imo.

/EDIT: just finished watching the episode( it airs really early here). Pretty decent, I like what im seeing, definately an improvement.

The episode was great IMHO. I like how we are going through flashbacks of the "others" finally. The plot thickens as to why everybody is there. The previews for the next episode look badass, too.

The episode was great IMHO. I like how we are going through flashbacks of the "others" finally. The plot thickens as to why everybody is there. The previews for the next episode look badass, too.

:D Can't wait to see this tonight!

Agreed, last night's episode rocked.

Very good episode of Lost. Few great shocks in it I didn't expect.
Loved it. Bring on the next!

I loved the Episode, it was great. So far, I'm really, really enjoying Season 3.

****ing ISP blocked off my torrent ports. I got to episode 6, but now I'm screwed ;(

Yes.
Why? got any theory's? :O

Well just running backwards from where they are now (approximately around late November, early December 2004) backing up three years would go to 2001, and backing up 2 months would get you to September. Mind you I'm not sure of the exact date that they're on in the show, but wouldn't going back 3 years, 2 months and 28 days bring you eerily close to September 11, 2001?

Well just running backwards from where they are now (approximately around late November, early December 2004) backing up three years would go to 2001, and backing up 2 months would get you to September. Mind you I'm not sure of the exact date that they're on in the show, but wouldn't going back 3 years, 2 months and 28 days bring you eerily close to September 11, 2001?

I'm wondering if that's grasping for straws, but damn if that's not a good one. I'd love to just watch the very last episode of the series just so I can say, "HOLY CRAP! They WEREN'T making it up on an episode to episode basis."

I'm wondering if that's grasping for straws, but damn if that's not a good one. I'd love to just watch the very last episode of the series just so I can say, "HOLY CRAP! They WEREN'T making it up on an episode to episode basis."

Yeah, I'm getting upset with the short attention spans of the general LOST audience as well. The excuse among them is that LOST no longer has a direction and that the writers are simply making it up as they go.

The problem is that this simply isn't true. There have been many branching storylines and instances throughout the 2 and a 1/4 seasons thus far.

There has even been some more subtle ones that have been given attention. The Boston Red Sox statement of the team never winning the world series is one of my favorites. Jack mentioned that half-way through the first season. And then about 40 episodes later Ben uses that reference to get Jack to trust him.

The fourth episode of Season 2 had Hurley hallucinate while in the hatch pantry, where Jin told him in plain english that "everything is going to change". And what do we see in the episode from this week but that same statement in the brainwashing video Carl was strapped to.

Well these aren't the best examples mind you, but there is a ton of evidence to support a long-term plan being executed by the writing staff.

The best evidence to me is simply the writing staff's word. When the series was first created it was made with the agreement that it would only be a limited number of seasons (about 4 with maybe a baby-season 5), and a general story outline. While they're of course filling in certain details as they go, theres definitely an arc occuring here.

Yeah, I'm getting upset with the short attention spans of the general LOST audience as well. The excuse among them is that LOST no longer has a direction and that the writers are simply making it up as they go.

The problem is that this simply isn't true. There have been many branching storylines and instances throughout the 2 and a 1/4 seasons thus far.

There has even been some more subtle ones that have been given attention. The Boston Red Sox statement of the team never winning the world series is one of my favorites. Jack mentioned that half-way through the first season. And then about 40 episodes later Ben uses that reference to get Jack to trust him.

The fourth episode of Season 2 had Hurley hallucinate while in the hatch pantry, where Jin told him in plain english that "everything is going to change". And what do we see in the episode from this week but that same statement in the brainwashing video Carl was strapped to.

Well these aren't the best examples mind you, but there is a ton of evidence to support a long-term plan being executed by the writing staff.

Yeah, I'm not saying it's completely off. EVERYTHING has been tying in with each other one way or another. That's why LOST is so badass. It actually makes you think. They are doing a really good job with the show. People can have a low attention spam for this show, because I can see where they are coming from, but since I am in love with the show, I don't share the same symptoms :p

People's attention spans aren't that low, remember, this is the 14th most watched show on television( averaging around 17 million viewers this season so far). I think people are more upset with the direction the show seems to be going, so far the questions have been better then the answers. Something you can't say for the first and second seasons.

I have met a few people who are both enticed and turned off by how mysterious LOST is. Which is something i really don't understand, they'll make comments like "can't they just tell what the mystery of the island is already".What they fail to realize is that's the entire premise of the show!!!

Wow, the episode tonight was definately thought-provoking.

Who would have thought "I'll see you in another life, brother" would be taken literally?

This is more proof that the writers are following a plan and not making it up as they go. Great episode.

Theres a lot of interesting connections between the Others and predictions of the future now. (Bus-guy from last week anyone?)

It all seems to be slipping into place, so to speak. Pretty good Episode. Not jaw dropping, but good.

What the f*ck is going on with Desmond. And that crazy woman. How the hell are they going to explain that :eek:

Good episode, nice to see a change from the normal ''10 minutes on island, 10 minutes flashback, 10 minutes on island, etc'' Not that that is a bad thing, just an intresting change.

That episode was amazing.

Charlie's like some character from Final Destination now with death trying to kill him all the time. What's going to happen is Desmond isn't there one of these times?

I agree, great episode. Makes a change from the backwards and forwards from island to flashback or whatever. I like Desmond, he's a great character.

What did he do wrong in the Army? I forget if it was actually revealed. I was kind of hoping it would be shown in this episode. Hopefully a flashback scenario for later on.

Back