Lost season III *spoilers*

Am I the only one who thinks they are going to get washed out, but Paolo is already dead, but the woman is like "oh god wtf?...a diamond in my hand?....water everywhere???SHIT!" Then lies about everything that had happened, or something...

I don't know, I find it too much of a coincidence about what Locke said about "Nothing stays buried on this island."

I don't know, I find it too much of a coincidence about what Locke said about "Nothing stays buried on this island."

Zombies! F**k yeah.

These last few episodes have definitley been getting better.

Loved the new episode. Really glad that Paolo and Nikki had some story to them, why we've never seen them before series three, when actually they were away from the camp a lot trying to find their bag.

I doubt that Nikki and Paolo will be alive. She only just woke up from her paralasis while they were burying them, she wouldnt be able to get any breathe so they'd suffocate. Never used to like their characters becuase they were just suddenly introduced. Now I know why they were so eager to get involved in things in season three, so I don't mind that they were introduced so suddenly.

Was also great to see some old faces return. Shannon, Boon, Arzt (however you spell it) :p and Ethan. I love Ethan, he's a great character. Was also great to see the chaos of the crash from another perspective and some insight into how ben may have been captured.

I liked this week's episode, although it wasn't as good as the last seven episodes, except for the Jack one, which sucked.

EVERYBODY believes the last one sucked. I don't know what they were getting at, but it didn't work.

What a HORRIBLE episode, the writers are getting so sloppy.

Writer 1"let's create two completely irrelevant characters that nobody cares about and devote an entire episode to their deaths"

Writer 2 "****ing Genious"

Did anyone find it odd that they found both the 2nd hatch and the plane simultaneously, two things that caused such intrigue during the first two seasons, and completely ignored their existence.

Nikki "hey look, a giant man made underground tunnel, go in"
Paulo "No"
Nikki " ok, lets never speak of this again"

Nikki even acknowledged the fact that the plane would have a radio and then put completely out of her mind.......WTF.

Paulo " gee, these weird people are talking about manipulating jack through Michael....better stay out of this one and not even mention it.

This in many ways encapsulates the crapfest that this entire season has been...im so disappointed.

What a HORRIBLE episode, the writers are getting so sloppy.

Writer 1"let's create two completely irrelevant characters that nobody cares about and devote an entire episode to their deaths"

Writer 2 "****ing Genious"

Did anyone find it odd that they found both the 2nd hatch and the plane simultaneously, two things that caused such intrigue during the first two seasons, and completely ignored their existence.

Paulo "No"

Nikki even acknowledged the fact that the plane would have a radio and then put completely out of her mind.......WTF.

Paulo " gee, these weird people are talking about manipulating jack through Michael....better stay out of this one and not even mention it.

This in many ways encapsulates the crapfest that this entire season has been...im so disappointed.

well put, but at least we got to see desmond again.

No? Nikki and Paulo aren't good people: they are murderers and thieves. The only thing on their mind was the diamonds and finding them before they are rescued.

Paulo "No"

It could have been there for any number of reasons. These two people aren't at all interested in the island and its mysterious have taken very much a back seat role in the discoveries. They honestly couldn't care less.

When Boone was climbing up in Season 1 I really didn't expect it to work. Why should she? And why risk her neck? Seriously, you saw what happened to Boone. Pretty risky. What's more they still haven't found the diamonds and they still expect rescue to come pretty soon. They have just murdered someone. Do they really want it to be all for nothing?

Nikki and Paulo have never even interacted with Jack and Michael. He doesn't know who they are and is so caught up in the diamonds and the fact that he doesn't want to get caught by these mysteries people he really doesn't pay any attention.

Honestly, it looks as though you aren't trying anymore. For me it was thoroughly enjoyable filler. I don't need a big reveal every week, and Lost shouldn't have to go down that road for all the whingers and moaners.

Season 3 > Season 1. IMO, of course.

I liked season 1 alot...but this one definitely has more answers.

No? Nikki and Paulo aren't good people: they are murderers and thieves. The only thing on their mind was the diamonds and finding them before they are rescued.

I don't care what they are looking for, theyve been deserted on an island for weeks and they find a giant tunnel in the middle of the ground, its a big fing deal and is that the very least worth mentioning or investigating.
It could have been there for any number of reasons. These two people aren't at all interested in the island and its mysterious have taken very much a back seat role in the discoveries. They honestly couldn't care less.
All of which involve human activity on the island and any character that isn't completely one sided would figure that out. If they arn't interested in the islands mysteries why do i care about their little side quest in the first place.
When Boone was climbing up in Season 1 I really didn't expect it to work. Why should she? And why risk her neck? Seriously, you saw what happened to Boone. Pretty risky. What's more they still haven't found the diamonds and they still expect rescue to come pretty soon. They have just murdered someone. Do they really want it to be all for nothing?

Your telling me that a group of 40 people couldn't figure out how to at least get the plane down without injuring anyone and get the radio, Boone and locke had no idea the plane was about fall, they did, and could have went to plan B( telling others). The writers just stuck this part in out of convenience.

And why did two able bodied 20 somethings have to kill a feeble old man, do you think there was any other way of getting that key outside of offing him? And what bizarro world do they live in? As if they wouldn't be prime suspects in his case. A man is found dead and his GF and chef are nowhere to be found....hmmm not suspicious at all...no plot holes there. The would be put in jail the second they got rescued.
Nikki and Paulo have never even interacted with Jack and Michael. He doesn't know who they are and is so caught up in the diamonds and the fact that he doesn't want to get caught by these mysteries people he really doesn't pay any attention.

Ummmm Jack gives a huge speech in that very episode and he's the leader of the camp. Jack gives a number of speeches to the entire camp over the first two seasons. Micheal built and saled out on a freaking raft in an attempt to try and get off the island....which everyone helped on. Im pretty sure they were aware of his existence. Hell there is only 40 of them im guessing after 30 days of so everyone was atleast aware of everyone elses existence.

LOST has always had some minor plot holes no doubt, but these are big enough to drive a truck through.

Honestly, it looks as though you aren't trying anymore. For me it was thoroughly enjoyable filler.
Honestly, are you trying to not notice these inconsistencies? For me, it was useless filler( like much of this season so far).

I don't need a big reveal every week,
and Lost shouldn't have to go down that road for all the whingers and moaners.[/QUOTE]
I don't need a big reveal either..how bout 1/4 of a reveal. or the beginning of a reveal... or something semi relevant

and Lost shouldn't have to go down that road for all the whingers and moaners.

Adding irrelevant one sided characters just to kill them off is a pretty crappy alternative.

I don't need a big reveal either..how bout 1/4 of a reveal. or the beginning of a reveal... or something semi relevant

Adding irrelevant one sided characters just to kill them off is a pretty crappy alternative.

Nikki and Paulo were supposed to be normal secondary characters, but nobody liked them. So the producers killed them. If they hadn't people would of been annoyed, if they had never introduced them, people would've asked the producers what the other 35+ people were doing on the island. And I don't know how anyone could be dissapointed with this season. The first 'miniseries' wasn't that great and the episode where Jack had a flashback in Thalaind was terrible, but the rest has been very good, a lot better than Season 2, and if the quality continues, better than Season 1. I liked Expose, because it was interesting side-story to the main plot.

LOST has always had some minor plot holes no doubt, but these are big enough to drive a truck through.

At least this episode cleared up a plot hole from the first season.

Remember when Shannon was convinced that Locke killed her brother? She manages to steal the key from Jack's neck and take one of the guns from the case to shoot Locke. When the episode aired, it was unknown how Shannon knew about the key, let alone the case.

This episode explains how Shannon knew that the key was around Jack's neck, because Kate revealed it when she was defending the fact that they kept it a secret.

Nikki and Paulo were supposed to be normal secondary characters, but nobody liked them. So the producers killed them. If they hadn't people would of been annoyed, if they had never introduced them, people would've asked the producers what the other 35+ people were doing on the island.

I did notice that they took this episode as an opportunity to introduce a few other new secondary characters...

Nikki and Paulo were supposed to be normal secondary characters, but nobody liked them. So the producers killed them.
They couldve made them more likeable, given them better stories...not wasted an entire episode to their deaths...

And I don't know how anyone could be dissapointed with this season. The first 'miniseries' wasn't that great and the episode where Jack had a flashback in Thalaind was terrible

Those are half the episodes. Plus hurleys RV adventure was just as crappy as this one.

but the rest has been very good, a lot better than Season 2, and if the quality continues, better than Season 1. I liked Expose, because it was interesting side-story to the main plot.
I really enjoyed season 2(more then first and the first rocked), desmond, the tail section, the numbers, Dave's capture, the orientation videos, all the hatches exploration( Lockdown, claires thing) ****ing brilliant. This season really can't compare.

I did notice that they took this episode as an opportunity to introduce a few other new secondary characters...
Na, i think all those characters died in past seasons

Season 2 kicked off with a few excellent episode then the quality quickly dipped; only to pick up towards the end. I think Season 3 has pretty much trampled all over it so far.

They couldve made them more likeable, given them better stories...not wasted an entire episode to their deaths...

Those are half the episodes. Plus hurleys RV adventure was just as crappy as this one.

I really enjoyed season 2(more then first and the first rocked), desmond, the tail section, the numbers, Dave's capture, the orientation videos, all the hatches exploration( Lockdown, claires thing) ****ing brilliant. This season really can't compare.

Na, i think all those characters died in past seasons
Huh, I don't remember them.

Even that asian dude during the plane crash scene?

They really intentionally seemed to run in front of the camera too.

untitledrp1.png

That's Jin behind him, btw.

EDIT: Also some random black chick when they're talking on the beach.

Huh, I don't remember them.

Even that asian dude during the plane crash scene?

They really intentionally seemed to run in front of the camera too.

untitledrp1.png

That's Jin behind him, btw.

Did he have any lines, if not he was probably an extra.

Ethan was the guy who kidnapped Claire

That highschool teacher blew himself up at the end of season 1

Boone and his sis were regulars but got offed.

Yeah, I recognized all them.
It seems rather conspicuous to me that they would so obviously use characters that aren't seen on the island any other time. Plus the camera pans on them whenever they're on screen.

Attention is not subtly drawn to them.

Lando (Billy Dee Williams) was in this episode, therefore it was awesome.

But fanboyism aside, it was okay. Nothing special.

I think maybe its the start of a new thread, so I'm willing to see where it goes (other than six feet down).

Anyway, if the writer's don't get their shit together soon this show will most definitely be canceled. Since the end of the 16 week break the show has lost almost a third of it's audience, i know its been picked up for another season but its a damn expensive show and ABC might cop out if the ratings continue to drop as consistently as they have been.

You aren't counting the rest of the world.

Yea, you're right. I doubt it's maintained it's worldwide viewership as well, i don't know where to look to confirm this though. The point is that in a matter of 6 episodes it has lost a third of its viewers and it doesn't seem to be stopping. I personally think this is reflective of the shows drop in quality.

Oooooor....its reflective of them moving it an hour later to dodge American Idol.

Oooooor....its reflective of them moving it an hour later to dodge American Idol.

I really don't think so, LOST had a pretty devoted fanbase. I don't think a one hour bump can really account for such a drop.

I really don't think so, LOST had a pretty devoted fanbase. I don't think a one hour bump can really account for such a drop.

You'd be surprised. I know of some people who have stopped watching LOST at 10:00pm simply because they have an early work day ahead of them. They're still fans of the show, but now they watch the repeat a week later at 9:00pm instead.

What we should be looking at is how many people watch an episode both when it airs at 10:00pm and 9:00pm a week later. I'm sure that will account for most of the drop.

Nikki and Paulo's episode sucked. They were two characters that were just abruptly forced into the show and it was clear that they just had to be killed off.

Greedy people kill each other. News at 11.

So they're buried alive and the rest of the world continues with not caring. Only cool things were Billy Dee and mother****in' Arzt (my main man). Anybody who thinks the episode wasn't absolute nonsense is trying way too hard to rationalize this shit. The writers realized these were wasteful secondary characters and offed them before they plunged any deeper into their holes. Their final episode was as low as it will ever go.

The reason I download the episodes and watch it there is simply because, yeah, it's 10PM. I have to be at work 7am..and I like my sleep..

Yea, you're right. I doubt it's maintained it's worldwide viewership as well, i don't know where to look to confirm this though. The point is that in a matter of 6 episodes it has lost a third of its viewers and it doesn't seem to be stopping. I personally think this is reflective of the shows drop in quality.
That's what happens when you stop showing it for 3 months. It loses momentum. It happened with every show that took a break such as Jericho and Prison Break.

It'll probably happen when Heroes returns too.

That's what happens when you stop showing it for 3 months. It loses momentum. It happened with every show that took a break such as Jericho and Prison Break.

The shows viewership dropped from 15 million to 13 to 12 to 11, its been back on for several weeks now if anything it be gaining momentum.

Yeah, I think taking breaks that long is just silly imo....I wish I could figure out why they do it.

The shows viewership dropped from 15 million to 13 to 12 to 11, its been back on for several weeks now if anything it be gaining momentum.

Anyway, i neglected to mention that it constantly wins its timeslot, so despite the drop in ratings its still been quite a success.

Soo....last night was a heck of an episode. They might have taken a break for a little bit but now they're back to it and hitting the ground running.

Yeah, that was a nice return to form. Love the way that whenever the Black Smoke/Monster or a bear is shown in Lost theres always a big puddle of mud around to fall into and a hollowed out tree to hide in... or whatever they hid in/near was.

Anyway, very good. Apparantly theres a Dharma centric episode coming soon. :\ Then after that a Ben centric. Very intresting. Not sure how the Dharma one is going to be played out as theres not really a specific character for that, just says ''Dharma centric''

Great episode, especially with the previous one being crap.

I often found myself dreading Kate-centric episodes. I never really cared or found myself interested. But this was done quite well. I liked the dynamic between the two women, and for the first time I actually found myself feeling quite sympathetic towards Kate in her flashback.

Locke is... I don't know what Locke is any more. Although I figured his departure with the Others was something of an inevitability considering his affinity with the island. I just hope they don't go down the route of making him a bastard again like they did in the second season.

Locke and the others probably went in search of the thing\place called the "magic box" Ben kept referring to in ep 13. He is already a bastard in my book...

I always thought the smoke monster was a natural phenomenon, not made by Dharma or the others. Latest ep seems to confirm that.

Sawyers reign as commander-in-chief will be short lived. Too bad.

Back