Mind-Blowing Portal Video on GameSpot

And I like how GameSpot failes to put a link to the PC version of Ep. 2

Holy shit, giggling like a schoolgirl here :D

What really blew my mind was the first "Real World Example" when he runs through the portal, if you pause the video, you can see yourself running into the portal while your comming out of it.

What really blew my mind was the first "Real World Example" when he runs through the portal, if you pause the video, you can see yourself running into the portal while your comming out of it.
Well, it's a bit more obvious on the part when they were chasing themselves repeatedly through the connecting walls.

Anyway, that's bloody fantastic.

There's lots of examples like that in the video m8. Look at where you're chasing YOURSELF when you place the two portals in a corner. Mindblowing.

Can someone link the hi res version that isn't for members only? :E

Best thing yet: custom maps with Hammer! :D

I'm gonna go crazy with making those, when making a shooter map, you gotta put lots of time in making it look good. For a puzzle game tho, you can focus on puzzles and keep graphics simple.

I like how it doesn't even ****ing stream for me. And when I ****ing register with their shitty ****ing service I get ****ing stopped at 65% no matter where the **** I'm downloading from. ****ing ****. **** you.

Best thing yet: custom maps with Hammer! :D

I'm gonna go crazy with making those, when making a shooter map, you gotta put lots of time in making it look good. For a puzzle game tho, you can focus on puzzles and keep graphics simple.

Oh yes, I'll certainly be having fun. :E

Nothing quite as awesome as making a portal underneath a charging soldier and creating his exit point above some fiery pit..

Bleh...BoobTube is too low res for something this amazing.
:p
Huh? It's pretty much exactly the same as streaming from GameSpot on a free account. Besides, Portal isn't exactly a beautiful game.

Yay. Even Youtube stops buffering midway through.

**** my internet. **** it in the ass.

ADDED: Okay, I've finally seen it. This is awesome! Bring it! Give me now!

"When at first you don't succeed, you fail."

<3 the commentary :)

Huh? It's pretty much exactly the same as streaming from GameSpot on a free account. Besides, Portal isn't exactly a beautiful game.

Wasnt refering to the GameSpot Stream for Free people. Talking about the high-res downloadable version for subscribers.

And actually there is something in the high-res version that you might not notice in the streams...
The weapon your holding (in this case the portal gun) is blured slightly. I guess they are incorperating depth-of-field in Ep. 2

**** yeah! I could watch this all day! I can't wait for this game. And lol @ Mrs. Gman doing the voiceover.

Well leveldesign is simple, but I'd definitely call it a beautiful game, with motion blur, DoF which is harder to see in low res.

Wasnt refering to the GameSpot Stream for Free people. Talking about the high-res downloadable version for subscribers.
Some people prefer to stream it, rather than downloading a hi-res file. Youtube's just the easiest route, as Gamespot can be a pain in the arse sometimes.

Some people prefer to stream it, rather than downloading a hi-res file. Youtube's just the easiest route, as Gamespot can be a pain in the arse sometimes.

Well obviously. So thanks for the YouTube link. And my FileFront thing will be ready shortly.

Awesome. If only Prey had used the portals idea as well as this...

It looks really awesome.

One a side note: did Valve port the Narbacular Drop technology to the Source engine? It looks pretty mucht the same.

This looks fantastic. I just completed Ico so I'm in the mood for more mind-bending puzzles.

But didn't joule already link to the hi-res version?

Woooo that looks amazing :D Those games are the perfect games for me. Logical thinking and problemsolving capabillities, combined with fps skills, speed and awareness... <3

Back