Pimp My ride (Physics gun with welder)

Sh4mp00 said:
oh.. well crap I dont know any map names in hl2.

Dude, just type "map" in the console and hit spacebar once, it will list off all the maps below where ur typing.

WhiteZero said:
Dude, just type "map" in the console and hit spacebar once, it will list off all the maps below where ur typing.

this doesent seem to be anything special, I get no blue beam welding gravity gun :(

do you have a limited number of little red weldy things? Because I ran out in d1_trainstation_01 trying to figure out how it worked.

this doesent seem to be anything special, I get no blue beam welding gravity gun
Did you type "give weapon_physgun" in the console after loading the map?

do you have a limited number of little red weldy things? Because I ran out in d1_trainstation_01 trying to figure out how it worked.
You should see the ammount off ammo in the bottom right-hand corner (where ammo usual is).
You get 32.

I can't get welding to function at all..
Use secondary fire. You have to put a welding-blob on both parts you wish to weld, and make the 2 blobs touch. You must be using the blue-beam phygun to weld them.

if i run out (of red weldy things) can i just re-give myself the gun to get more?

WhiteZero said:
Did you type "give weapon_physgun" in the console after loading the map?

You should see the ammount off ammo in the bottom right-hand corner (where ammo usual is).
You get 32.

Use secondary fire. You have to put a welding-blob on both parts you wish to weld, and make the 2 blobs touch. You must be using the blue-beam phygun to weld them.

thx again mate

hardcorus said:
if i run out (of red weldy things) can i just re-give myself the gun to get more?
Nope, the only way to get more ammo is to press your reload button. But that just recalls all the ones you've shot out, de-welding everything you've welded.

There no real way that we know of to get more ammo.

Does anyone else find that the blue beam is hard to control-- especially for large objects? I think something simple like the original manipulator handles better.

Alix Mcdean said:
Aweeesommeee.
I made something like that, but I did what I always wanted-
MAKE AN APC!
So, I took 3 peices of sheet metal, wielded it onto the sides and top of the buggy.
Works pretty well! Heres a movie of it (10mb)
http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=A0E1D17D250A893A004586CBE5071677
Bit top heavy now though :(

-Alix

Having trouble getting into your car, eh?
bwahahaa funny stuff.
love your comments in the console ! =)

My first buggy had so much weight in the back it could barely move. The front would just pop up and everything would drag... resulting in a total drive of about 2 feet.

I haven't gotten around to actually making anything useful yet... but it's still fun.

This is version 2.0 of my car:
MonsterGarage_01.jpg

MonsterGarage_02.jpg

MonsterGarage_03.jpg

cyber man what is the name of the map? ex-d1_trainstation1

i know the mpa, just not what its called, ill be posting mine soon :)

and alx, can you give me the file for that map?

Alix Mcdean said:
Aweeesommeee.
I made something like that, but I did what I always wanted-
MAKE AN APC!
So, I took 3 peices of sheet metal, wielded it onto the sides and top of the buggy.
Works pretty well! Heres a movie of it (10mb)
http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=A0E1D17D250A893A004586CBE5071677
Bit top heavy now though :(

-Alix

I would really love to see this, because of all the comments users have made, unfortunately the bandwidth is shot :(
any chance of a mirror?

Mr. Redundant said:
I would really love to see this, because of all the comments users have made, unfortunately the bandwidth is shot :(
any chance of a mirror?
Odd, seems someone cancled the mirrior :(
http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3409381EC98287CD68177002144A3B0F

Theres a new one for you.
Checkout my latest movie after you watch that! :thumbs: :D

As for the map, its called Buildingblocks Beta2. Awesome map for just this sort of thing.
http://www.hl 2 world.com/bbs/dload.php?action=file&file_id=391
Remove the spaces and you gots teh link :)

-Alix

Eon Blue said:
Someone should weld guns to their car.
Great idea!
Though what I want to do is either 1:Weld some saw blades to the front of the car or..
2:paintbuckets. Splash everyone with every crash :D!

-Alix

MastCrasher said:
cyber man what is the name of the map? ex-d1_trainstation1

i know the mpa, just not what its called, ill be posting mine soon :)

and alx, can you give me the file for that map?
It's one of the coast maps. I think it's d2_coast_07. It doesn't have a ton of non-wooden stuff to use, though... so, I'd recommend a different one. I welded almost every indestructible object that I came across in that map to my buggy. I think I'll make a map filled with tons of props for the sole purpose of welding s**t to the buggy.

Alix, that flier vid was teh funniest thing ive seen in my life!

Hehe :D Thanks.
Just incase anyone is wondering, the game really did crash and that really is the screenshot right after it crashed :(

-Alix

Sorry for dubble post, edit button is gone :(
---

This is my flying buggy :D
It was so heavy, that once I finaly got into the damn thing, I couldnt move more than 2 inches every second, and thats with turbo.
I wish there was a cliff in that map, i'd love to see what it would do :D

-Alix

Attachments

• Teh Fliar.jpg
    Teh Fliar.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 758
  • Teh Fliar 2.jpg
    Teh Fliar 2.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 663
They should make a mod like that gameshow where two opposing sides have to make a vehicle from parts in a scrapyard in a certain time limit, and then race em :D That would be the coolest damn thing ever.

Hahahahaha, man I cracked up when I saw what you did to the buggy, hahahaha godamn. Good work!

cjborton said:
HL2 Junkyard Wars

hmmm i have to say that personally i think that could be a excellent mod if done right, with different tasks for different levels.

they could range from having to contstruct or modify a vehicle to having to create different devices such as designing a safety net system that can be attached to a cliff side and is tested by a stunt player jumping off cliff into it... and if it doesn't break then they succeeded.

or designing a stable lift... catapult.... a galo maybe for hanging the other team lol.

if anyone makes a mod like this let me know :D lol

I've done it!
I've made....
TEH SCORPION! :D
Drives pretty damn well too! Just gotta watch the corners, they tend to pull the whole...well, just watch my first movie XD.
The tail does whip around too, if there happens to be someone/something infront of its path, its going to get destroyed. :D

Oh, btw, I have all of these creations on .sav so if anyone wants em just lemme know :D

-Alix

Attachments

• Scorpion1.jpg
    Scorpion1.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 681
  • Scorpion2.jpg
    Scorpion2.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 574
  • Scorpion3.jpg
    Scorpion3.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 516
Alix, what do I have to use to extract your wmv files? I've downloaded both, but none of them will extract with winrar. It says "Unknown Method".

Thats the problem, they're not .rar's.
You'll need to open them with Winzip or Windows default unpacker(The one thats default to windows before you install a 3rd party program.)
If it still doesnt work, lemme know.

-Alix

Yeah, Winzip got the job done!

Cheers! :thumbs:

Great movies! :LOL:

Must try this welding thing myself now!

Clavius said:
Hmmm, thought you'd only get that message in the warezed version?
No, its a simple console command used when spawning NPC's or when you wanna play without the AI disrupting you while you weld stuff :D
Ai_disable (just that in the console and type enter, it will turn off all AI.)

-Alix

Alix Mcdean said:
No, its a simple console command used when spawning NPC's or when you wanna play without the AI disrupting you while you weld stuff :D
Ai_disable (just that in the console and type enter, it will turn off all AI.)

-Alix
Ahh, so they'll leave you alone then? how handy!

Clavius said:
Hmmm, thought you'd only get that message in the warezed version?

Hrm... thought you were paying attention to the 35 other threads that explain how using disable AI is useful when setting up large NPC wars. At least you didn't directly accuse anyone of anything hehe
:thumbs:

Oh an fix your sig. it is break. brake is what you have on your car.

Edge said:
Hrm... thought you were paying attention to the 35 other threads that explain how using disable AI is useful when setting up large NPC wars. At least you didn't directly accuse anyone of anything hehe
:thumbs:

Oh an fix your sig. it is break. brake is what you have on your car.
Yes yes, I get it allready :hmph: Been out for three days and look what happened. Totally out of sync.
Please be gentle.

EDIT: oh, thanks for the sig info, read for a million times and it still has typo's.

uhhm... yeah. ok, perhaps one more time would do the trick.. but who cares really, we all now what it suppose to say now... don't we?

Edit: BTW, does anyone else having problem with the game crashing while welding with the physgun? It lags like hell at the moment to red-welding-things starts... yeah wedling. There is a lot of sparks emerging, and then it crashes

Holy crap sweet. Dling right when i get home.

Back