Proof people have it already

Darkknighttt said:
i don't get it, if people have it then why cant they start playing it?!

They have to register it first, but they can't do that.

Lobster said:
You dont have an official statement, you have a speculative quote from shacknews.

There was a thread a week or two back (sorry, I can't find it) where someone here emailed Steve Gibson(the shacknews guy) about the comment, and he said he got it directly from Valve.

shapeshifter said:
hl2installing.jpg

wow, now this is realy realy not good,

HL2 been pirated 7 days before the release date.

Yeah but can't play it till you activate the game through steam

"Guessing? You know what would happen if VALVe unlocked hl2 early? VUG would be PISSED and probably sue them."

Why? It's only 4 damn days..

YamatoTwinkie said:
There was a thread a week or two back (sorry, I can't find it) where someone here emailed Steve Gibson(the shacknews guy) about the comment, and he said he got it directly from Valve.
Yeah but i think what valve said was "itll be released on steam at the same time as retail" and shacknews just took advantage of the fact that they didnt specifically say the 16th, although it was implied. This is probably a big fuss over nothing.

Gorgon said:
wow, now this is realy realy not good,

HL2 been pirated 7 days before the release date.

Yeah but can't play it till you activate the game through steam

It's not a pirated version.
The box and cds are real.
Warez versions won't come out until Valve unlocks the game. What you get on the cd is cssource and the HL2 encrpted preload files.

Lemonking said:
Morgenstern erscheine auf das Anglitz meine wirf ein warmes licht auf mein Ungesicht

Morgenstern erscheine auf das Antlitz mein(no -e), wirf ein warmes Licht auf mein Ungesicht.

:(

Kelzoth said:
Why? It's only 4 damn days..

Yeah they still have a contract. If you break a contract you can be sued, etc. I think VALVe has had enough of that.

does that mean that if we do get a hard copy we can play cs.s straight away?

Alright. We need a screenshot from the installation menu. Can you provide us with one please? You obviously have the capability.

Beazil said:
On the steam forums they just nuked a thread like this. Pisses me off.

Edit: As for Doug's statement, it has been posted all over the internet and all over this site for weeks. Do a search. I am not going on an easter egg hunt to prove something that has been stated by a Valve employee. (Sorry for the hostility, I'm just sick of people saying "uh, he never said that", when I've seen it a hundred times.
so? i would trust what a 5 year old who has been living in a cave with no human contact for 4 years said about hl2 before i would trust anything doug says

Well.. if the statement wasn't true, wouldn't one of the supermods (shack, he's on atm) close the threads and make an announcement? He's done nothing, m8, so the statement must be true.

mzhang23 said:
It's not a pirated version.
The box and cds are real.
Warez versions won't come out until Valve unlocks the game. What you get on the cd is cssource and the HL2 encrpted preload files.

yeah, but what that guy can do, or other people who got it, they can upload a version of it to warez sites, and crackers can work on the game to crack it.

and trust me any game can be cracked.
easy. ;(

DrunkPanda said:
so? i would trust what a 5 year old who has been living in a cave with no human contact for 4 years said about hl2 before i would trust anything doug says

Your choice m8. Pardon me for trying to be a little optomistic. You choose your way, I choose mine.

Kelzoth said:
Well.. if the statement wasn't true, wouldn't one of the supermods (shack, he's on atm) close the threads and make an announcement? He's done nothing, m8, so the statement must be true.

I'm wondering if you are that guy from last year that insisted hl2 was coming out on sept 30 and said retailers had copies, etc.

but what that guy can do, or other people who got it, they can upload a version of it to warez sites, and crackers can work on the game to crack it.

Seeing as HL2 Retail requires steam I reackon that valve basically just distribute the preload cache on the disks along with a nice installer. Thus just like the steam preload it won't be cracked. :)

Kelzoth said:
On a related subject, wouldn't one of the supermods refrain from posting unlock times if there weren't anyone?

That or maybe even ban himself, or edit his own post?

Gorgon said:
yeah, but what that guy can do, or other people who got it, they can upload a version of it to warez sites, and crackers can work on the game to crack it.

easy. ;(

IMHO it will be cracked as any other game, but they'll have to wait for it to be unlocked before trying anything

Gorgon said:

easy. ;(

The preload files have been around for months and no one has cracked the encryption. Only when they're unlocked will warez versions show up.

hm.... i just e-mailed cliffe, for valvesoftware... expecting response.

he could of just made the box and cd's even on halflife2.net u can get cases and cd covers etc

Rossell said:
Alright. We need a screenshot from the installation menu. Can you provide us with one please? You obviously have the capability.

It's all in this thread - http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?t=33790848

The guy says he has it, can't play it, but can play CS:S. I don't know where all you retail monkeys get the idea that the retail version is anything different from the Steam packages. Steam and retail are both still 'pre-loads' until it is unlocked on the 16th - got it!

It really is quite simple.

Back